Appetite for Destruction Remastered General Thread

1 minute ago, saint_seiya said:

Slash's guitar playing and tone sound modern

Which is a good sign that the mix is good hands...
I think it sounds classic, yet modern! 
TBH, after the overblown nature of Chinese (I do love that LP btw) a 3 minute tight rocker like this, is

exactly what the general GNR fan wanted! 
The success of this, really might bring us other stuff we crave, so we should wish it's success, don't wanna buy it? Don't! 
But let's try and make it a success, not like they rip us off with releases very often, is it ! I'll let this one fly, in the hope

that it succeeding can only bring more good things we want...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, zigzagbigbag said:

Disclaimer: I absolutely dont want to defent the price of $1k. Its about 50% too high. 

But I dont think the iphone comparison is that bad: The boxset as well as the iphone are luxury goods. No one of us needs them. No one of us HAS to buy them.  

Sure, most people would like to have them. But unfortunately not all are in the financial position to buy them. Thats life. Thats capitalism. Simple as that.

From my point of view the only mistake GNR made is that the vinyl will not be sold seperately or in a bundle with the book for - lets say - 300 bucks. This is what pisses me off. A CD/book bundle in 2018?! Come on! 

So you have a flip phone then? :)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BOSSY78 said:

Oh no I have a friend who is buying the 1000 version and he actually told me if he can spend 300 on a pair of shoes then he can spend 1000 on this.

When I told him I was in for the 650. He laughed and said the difference is only a new pair of shoes or two.

Sure, we all have most of these songs in less than stellar versions. But like others have said, those who have the cash to spend on something like this will. I just pre-ordered my Locked & Loaded set and will put in on the shelf next to the rest of my GnR memorabilia. 

Now, when are the Illusions being re-released without all of the extremely dated overdubbed noises? 

• Like 1

If the video gets past 200K today, it'll go on the Trending list on YT too, which tells the band - 
There IS demand for material ! Pull the finger out....
This all done with minimal promo from the actual artist again...

Edited by colonizedmind
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Kasanova King said:

They may have seriously overestimated their market on this one.  I personally know a bunch of people that bought those VIP/$1k+ seats and I'd say the majority of them were casual fans (with money) that wanted to see them live and in good seats....no way those people are buying a $1k box set.

Anyway, I guess we'll see soon enough.

Agreed. They should have priced the L&L option at $399... $499, tops. That would have been a fair price, IMHO.

$999? Not so f'n much, fellas. I'd be getting myself a nice piece of REAL rare collectible off Ebay for that price. Something unique that makes it feel special.

8 minutes ago, colonizedmind said:

Which is a good sign that the mix is good hands...
I think it sounds classic, yet modern! 
TBH, after the overblown nature of Chinese (I do love that LP btw) a 3 minute tight rocker like this, is

exactly what the general GNR fan wanted! 
The success of this, really might bring us other stuff we crave, so we should wish it's success, don't wanna buy it? Don't! 
But let's try and make it a success, not like they rip us off with releases very often, is it ! I'll let this one fly, in the hope

that it succeeding can only bring more good things we want...

I don't think its a good or bad sign, it just sounds different than what Slash's tone was like around that time. My guess is that theres definitely been some re-recording on that track which to me is not a bad thing. If GNR made an album sounding like this track ill buy it in a second

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, saint_seiya said:

I don't think its a good or bad sign, it just sounds different than what Slash's tone was like around that time. My guess is that theres definitely been some re-recording on that track which to me is not a bad thing. If GNR made an album sounding like this track ill buy it in a second

That last sentence...
Live in hope...Certainly more chance of material now Slash and Duff are with Axl, as the $$$ offers for an LP will be quite a bit higher than they would of been without them...

Edited by colonizedmind

4 minutes ago, Tucknroll said:

I hate that they went the gene simmons route. Actually his vault is much better if you like him. I'm just disgusted today with gnr. They've forgotten where they came from. And then to not have the balls to add one in a million! Axl used to have a giant set but not so much now

His vault really is much better because as wildly overpriced as it is, at least there's tons of previously unheard stuff in it. What does this thing have that anyone hardcore enough to consider the $999 price tag wouldn't already have?

Edited by bigpoop

2 hours ago, youngswedishvinyl said:

I agree that the $999 price tag is steep but the $179 one is in my opinion fairly reasonably priced! 

As for the content on the discs, while I think it's a shame that Cornchucker and OIM isn't on there I get why they did it.

I also wish that the Arkeen songs like Crash Diet and Just Another Sunday should be included on the box set but I totally get why they aren't, they aren't GN'R songs and they have been having lots of problems with the Arkeen estate recently.

Why is nobody talking about the book btw, I'd pay $99 just for that! 

Overall I'm happy with the box set, would've liked it even more if they put a AFD Tour show (an uncirculated one) on the BluRay but that's just icing on the cake! :)

I was really excited to hear a polished version of "Just Another Sunday", it has always been my favorite of the unreleased demos. I had no idea there was a riff between the Gnr Camp and Arkeen estate. 

• Like 1

Im sorry but a thousand dollars is a bit steep for what they are offering in the locked and loaded set... this feels just like the vip packages the more money you can bleed out the more shit you get an i mean shit... I feel GNR or whoever is behind these sets is just fucking the fans money dry...however as gnr fans we have waited so long (soooo very long)  for any type of music release that of course we are going to drool over this stuff  right?  i can barely afford the super deluxe set and i am PISSED AS FUCK.. that they didnt include the vinyl remaster with that set...LOL SO you have to buy the vinyl separately and if you want that cool shadow of your love t shirt you have to buy that separately as well.. so if you get the super deluxe set AND the vinyl it will come to 214 WITHOUT shipping,,,if you also buy the t shirt with the vinyl and super deluxe set that comes to 249 without shipping....Ill skip the shirt and just get the super deluxe set and vinyl... however i will NOT be able to buy anything for myself besides the things to survive for a very long time...why they couldnt have gone the metallica or led zeppelin way where they could have made an awesome box set (just 1) filled with everything and made it affordable for everyone is beyond me.

so i have a question i hope someone can answer...has anyone ordered from the gnr site before?  do they usually deliver in a timely manner?  also does anyone know how much shipping is on these?  thanks so much..and sorry again for the rant.

To be honest, most of the demos and LPs are stuff I'd listen to once and then only again from time to time if I'm bored and browsing through my music. I just wouldn't ever see myself sitting there and jamming out to 30+ year old unfinished pieces that the band never cared enough to finish because they knew it wasn't album-worthy. Don't get me wrong - I would never spend $1,000 on any music box set, but I especially wouldn't for a bunch of demos that have been fixed up and remixed to sound better. Shit, the only way I'd spend over $100 was if it included new music. And by "new," I don't mean previously unreleased stuff that was recorded 30 years ago. 

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

Something has truly died in this band. It is now Kiss. I actually miss Rose when he was an artsy fartsy weirdo in braids and not this Gene Simmons replica.

agreed i won't be buying tickets in europe unless them classic remaining guys in 

i mean if cash grab fine but do it kinda right not shitty 

Well, THAT is a special limited edition...

"Chatting with Josh Freese on the phone for five minutes: $50.

Floating in a sensory-deprivation tank with Josh Freese, followed by dinner at Sizzler: $500.

Getting a signed snare from A Perfect Circle‘s 2003 tour + dinner with Marilyn Manson bassist Twiggy Ramirez at Roscoe’s Chicken ‘n’ Waffles + you get to drive off with Josh Freese’s Volvo station wagon: $10,000.

Taking shrooms and cruising Hollywood with Danny Carey of Tool in his Lamborghini, then having Josh Freese join your band for a month: $75,000.

Josh Freese’s hilarious list of supposedly legit limited-edition packages for his next solo album, Since 1972: priceless."

https://www.ocregister.com/2009/02/20/want-josh-freese-to-join-your-band-got-75000/

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, youngswedishvinyl said:

Why is nobody talking about the book btw, I'd pay $99 just for that! 

I AM! <_<

I stated in several posts THAT is the most attractive piece of the whole package. If it's been done well, easily worth at least 60-70 bucks. Maybe even more if it has written content by Axl on the period, with new info and anecdotes we haven't heard from other sources. Imagine... 

• Like 1