Appetite for Destruction Remastered General Thread

6 hours ago, Asia said:

I'm afraid, in the best case, it will be filled with Fernando's notes and stories :lol: There'll be lyrics, pictures and an abundance of stupid facts or whatever other bullshit. If Mr Axl was ready to make an effort and share some interesting stories, he'd write a book and sell it on its own.

You are joking, right? If Axl's current voice was like that, we would be in a wholly different world :lol:

Axl said last year sometime he wanted to write a book but thought it was best not to now.

No need to get fans all in a bunch over Axls side ane cause issues in the band again.

1 hour ago, Live Like a Suicide said:

Yeah, i guess i'm just burnt out. I really am not interested in more endless touring, and that's what we will get if the rumours of an AFD5 reunion turn out to be true. It will reset things like the current lineup reset ChiDem2.

you could follow other bands and their marvelous endeavors while waiting for this band

that might ease up your mind :D  

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Derick said:

Hey someone else saw the last Fernando’s InstaStory?? Looks like they’re doing some kinda party about this release..He showed the box and then a kind a party hall w tables and stuffs. :shrugs:

4_C279_C7_F-_A0_D9-4296-8334-43_BB505_BB

44575_C78-_C9_F0-4_DD5-_AD7_D-_A1386_D24

D654758_B-_DD28-42_D7-_B874-1_B76_B31_C1

I read that Eddie Trunk was invited for Universal this party.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Derick said:

Hey someone else saw the last Fernando’s InstaStory?? Looks like they’re doing some kinda party about this release..He showed the box and then a kind a party hall w tables and stuffs. :shrugs:

Looks like a church with an altar and the big AFD cross. Bit of a cringefest, really. 

• Like 2

Is the reason Crash Diet isn't part of this compilation because they sold the song to that other band that placed it on their album back in the 90s?  Because Crash Diet is a fantastic song and deserves to be part of this.  It's better than a few songs on AFD and a number of UYI and CD songs

Edited by Caught_in_a_Coma

9 minutes ago, troccoli said:

Here is the story so far of my involvement:

So obviously they were looking to put old stuff (flyers, demos, pictures, etc.) on the boxset.  Why they aren’t all on there I don’t know, but I have heard hints about future releases so we will see.  No guarantees there.  They contacted a person I bought something from and that person referred them to me.  Initially it was just for that one item.  We arranged a time to talk.  On the phone I told them about my collection and had them check out my website while we were talking.  They wanted to buy the banner right off the bat but I said I wasn’t interested at this time before a price was ever even raised.  They were blown away and at that point the plans for the boxset changed a bit.  But I think they always had a certain release date they were aiming for because I only had a day to box everything I had from 1985-1989/90 and send it to them. 

Before I did that I independently verified who I was talking with on the phone, after all I am no idiot.  Still I was nervous sending all that and UPS insurance only goes so high.  But I figured what the hell.  Everything arrived safely and they got to work.  They had it for a little over a month and arranged times for management and the band to come by and check everything out.  I can say that Slash and Duff were involved, this wasn’t just Axl.  They told me my name would be in the credits, that I would be receiving x, y, and z, etc.  The person that referred them to me said I should ask them for $ for using the stuff I own.  Now I may be an asshole, but I am not a complete and total fucking asshole so no way in hell was I going to extort any band, let alone my favorite band, to use stuff that is theirs to begin with!

Everything came back in the same condition I lent it to them.  But I was nervous about the shipping once again!  And all that time I had to keep this from all of you.  It was agonizing!  If I had known the price plan ahead of time I would have done what little I could to try to help you guys out.  This is the reason I also removed the links to the demo I posted originally.  Yes, it wasn’t used in this boxset, but like I said perhaps in the future.

VERY fucking cool. Glad everything was returned in proper condition. When you're ready you should share what materials of your made it into the set. I am saving up for one!

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Derick said:

C4_E6_D7_D2-1_C5_F-426_F-9_E85-4564469_D

so is adler in the US or aussieland at the minute ? be a kick in the bollox if they throw a big AFD party and not invite him

1 hour ago, Derick said:

C4_E6_D7_D2-1_C5_F-426_F-9_E85-4564469_D

Gunsandroses? Is this going to be like the time people complained there were not real fans in the front row but paid models instead? These chicks may not get to meet the band but they'll probably get to mingle with Team Brazil.

21 minutes ago, ramsey said:

VERY fucking cool. Glad everything was returned in proper condition. When you're ready you should share what materials of your made it into the set. I am saving up for one!

That was a poster on another forum.

Very cool though

Great little story, @troccoli.

Since they didn't pay to use your stuff and you didn't ask for any cash in return, I think the best thing to do is to request one of those heavy sets to be donated to the forum for a giveaway.  Admins can arrange that - I think.  I don't know, just a thought, if Fernando or any Gn'R management member is reading this, you already know what to do.  :slash:

And since I already pre-ordered this, if this giveaway ever comes to fruition, I am already excluding myself from participating.  Thank you.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, donny said:

i cant believe how many comments are in this thread about "nothing new"  "we've had them songs for the past 30 years" "only 2 songs iv'e not heard" well how did we hear them ? bootlegs ? illegal means ? against the bands wishes ? lets be honest we have spoilt it for ourselves. 

This! Thank you, mate. 

Apart from that we will get those "old" tunes in proper quality for the first time which is awesome. But I have learned that this forum always has something to complain about in the event of GNR related news. 

Yes, I also don't like the way too high price of the boxset or abscene of Don't Cry and One in a milllion. But its kind of sad that there seems to be nearly no one in this GNR forum (!) you can share your anticipation about the fact that we will get tons of music in good quality for the first time. 

At least if you are interested in physical media this release is good news. Think a minute about what we payed for lo-fi bootleg cds/lps (such as Rumbo Tapes, Make my day etc) within the last 25-30 years. Goddamn, just three years ago paid 100€ bucks for this sucker.

https://www.discogs.com/Guns-N-Roses-Unbeatable-Alternate-Appetite-For-Destruction-Outtakes/release/5614171

• Like 1

9 hours ago, estrangedtwat said:

OBVIOUSLY you're not much of a GNR fan cause this was CLEARLY recorded earlier this year.  It's definitely Fortus on guitar and Frank on drums and I hear Melissa doing background vocals and if you can't hear Axl's current voice and Slash's current guitar playing, well then I just feel sorry for you cause you clearly don't like GNR at all.

2 hours ago, troccoli said:

Here is the story so far of my involvement:

So obviously they were looking to put old stuff (flyers, demos, pictures, etc.) on the boxset.  Why they aren’t all on there I don’t know, but I have heard hints about future releases so we will see.  No guarantees there.  They contacted a person I bought something from and that person referred them to me.  Initially it was just for that one item.  We arranged a time to talk.  On the phone I told them about my collection and had them check out my website while we were talking.  They wanted to buy the banner right off the bat but I said I wasn’t interested at this time before a price was ever even raised.  They were blown away and at that point the plans for the boxset changed a bit.  But I think they always had a certain release date they were aiming for because I only had a day to box everything I had from 1985-1989/90 and send it to them. 

Before I did that I independently verified who I was talking with on the phone, after all I am no idiot.  Still I was nervous sending all that and UPS insurance only goes so high.  But I figured what the hell.  Everything arrived safely and they got to work.  They had it for a little over a month and arranged times for management and the band to come by and check everything out.  I can say that Slash and Duff were involved, this wasn’t just Axl.  They told me my name would be in the credits, that I would be receiving x, y, and z, etc.  The person that referred them to me said I should ask them for $ for using the stuff I own.  Now I may be an asshole, but I am not a complete and total fucking asshole so no way in hell was I going to extort any band, let alone my favorite band, to use stuff that is theirs to begin with!

Everything came back in the same condition I lent it to them.  But I was nervous about the shipping once again!  And all that time I had to keep this from all of you.  It was agonizing!  If I had known the price plan ahead of time I would have done what little I could to try to help you guys out.  This is the reason I also removed the links to the demo I posted originally.  Yes, it wasn’t used in this boxset, but like I said perhaps in the future.

That's really cool. You definitely made their job easier by having a huge collection in one place. I hope they think to gift you some of the merch for your time and effort.

• Like 1
  • GNFNR 1

3 hours ago, Live Like a Suicide said:

If there is indeed an AFD reunion in the works, i would almost lose what little hope i had left in new music. At this stage, i couldn't care less for a proper reunion unless it involved new music. I have no interest in seeing another three-year nostalgia money grab, even if they play Appetite in full.

An AFD5 reunion will happen before a new album. Axl has spent the last 6 years doing anything and everything he can to put off recording/releasing new material. It is clear by now that the man will literally do anything to avoid putting out new music.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, carsonskitz said:

Probably already been cleared up but there’s to many pages, so you can’t buy all the vinyl records individually? You literally have to fork out a small fortune for the box if you want the vinyl records?

They are selling a package. Eventually in a couple of years (or a lot earlier than that) you would be able to find different intems being sold by owners at Amazon, eBay or elsewhere.

Buy the box, part the lithos out at $50+/each, plus sell few other things and you probably end up paying $200-300, 
a bit of work but probably not too unrealistic if you can manage to catch the first bit of hype surrounding it.

I'd say for someone considering the big box though you might wanna opt for a reliable Ebay seller.  I'm not buying it,
but tax was showing $90 for me and you can avoid that by buying off Ebay while also getting $30 or so in Ebay Bucks.
It's highly unlikely to sell out during pre-orders, if at all, so smart thing to do is see how it shakes out after they start
shipping and then save at least $100.

1 hour ago, 6lake sa66ath said:

If it wasn’t troccoli’s story why not post with “”?!

Who is it then if a user on another forum?!

It was Troccoli's story.  He's got the largest documented collection of GNR memorabilia, including the one and only original stage banner from the club days.  If they wanted to make an accurate reproduction, they'd have to go to him.