Appetite for Destruction Remastered General Thread

1 hour ago, jbhutto said:

Buy the box, part the lithos out at $50+/each, plus sell few other things and you probably end up paying $200-300, 
a bit of work but probably not too unrealistic if you can manage to catch the first bit of hype surrounding it.

I'd say for someone considering the big box though you might wanna opt for a reliable Ebay seller.  I'm not buying it,
but tax was showing $90 for me and you can avoid that by buying off Ebay while also getting $30 or so in Ebay Bucks.
It's highly unlikely to sell out during pre-orders, if at all, so smart thing to do is see how it shakes out after they start
shipping and then save at least $100.

only $50+ each for the lithos ? the tour ones are going for $100-$300 each on ebay and they went on sale as stand alone items where these box ones wont so harder to get. got to be $100 minimum and theres 12 in the box. who said $1000 for the box was not worth the money again ?

1 hour ago, donny said:

only $50+ each for the lithos ? the tour ones are going for $100-$300 each on ebay and they went on sale as stand alone items where these box ones wont so harder to get. got to be $100 minimum and theres 12 in the box. who said $1000 for the box was not worth the money again ?

And the tour lithos are a lot more limited. I believe those were limited to 500 each. There's 10,000 of these ones each. 

• Like 2

On ‎04‎/‎05‎/‎2018 at 12:20 PM, Litti said:

I think the band is just listening to other people around them on what to do. Axl, Duff and Slash have families and lives to live and don't really care about like in the early days.

Yes, can't blame them. I wouldn't want to lose a nice place to live after getting used to it, and being somewhat middle-age.

I've never had such luxury, so after all these decades, I've still succeeded in having - freedom's just another word for - nothing much to lose! (Axl's rock n' roll aunt, Janis Joplin).

i don't think the trinkets will command that high a price.  We haven't got a really good look at any of the lithos, but right off the bat they don't look at as good as the Buhler NITL shows.  Those were better cause they were city specific and limited as hell.  I doubt anyone's gonna pay out much for someone's extra locked n loaded lithos.

8 hours ago, troccoli said:

Here is the story so far of my involvement:

So obviously they were looking to put old stuff (flyers, demos, pictures, etc.) on the boxset.  Why they aren’t all on there I don’t know, but I have heard hints about future releases so we will see.  No guarantees there.  They contacted a person I bought something from and that person referred them to me.  Initially it was just for that one item.  We arranged a time to talk.  On the phone I told them about my collection and had them check out my website while we were talking.  They wanted to buy the banner right off the bat but I said I wasn’t interested at this time before a price was ever even raised.  They were blown away and at that point the plans for the boxset changed a bit.  But I think they always had a certain release date they were aiming for because I only had a day to box everything I had from 1985-1989/90 and send it to them. 

Before I did that I independently verified who I was talking with on the phone, after all I am no idiot.  Still I was nervous sending all that and UPS insurance only goes so high.  But I figured what the hell.  Everything arrived safely and they got to work.  They had it for a little over a month and arranged times for management and the band to come by and check everything out.  I can say that Slash and Duff were involved, this wasn’t just Axl.  They told me my name would be in the credits, that I would be receiving x, y, and z, etc.  The person that referred them to me said I should ask them for $ for using the stuff I own.  Now I may be an asshole, but I am not a complete and total fucking asshole so no way in hell was I going to extort any band, let alone my favorite band, to use stuff that is theirs to begin with!

Everything came back in the same condition I lent it to them.  But I was nervous about the shipping once again!  And all that time I had to keep this from all of you.  It was agonizing!  If I had known the price plan ahead of time I would have done what little I could to try to help you guys out.  This is the reason I also removed the links to the demo I posted originally.  Yes, it wasn’t used in this boxset, but like I said perhaps in the future.

You are great person TRCCOLI !!:headbang:

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, nycgunner said:

Does the super deluxe version for $180 come with a digital download? 

Is there any advantage to buying from the Gn’R site vs Amazon?  

Yes. GN'R's delivery is cancer, while Amazon's is one of the best. You should definitely buy it from Amazon, unless you are getting the 'Locked N' Loaded' edition

27 minutes ago, nycgunner said:

Does the super deluxe version for $180 come with a digital download? 

Is there any advantage to buying from the Gn’R site vs Amazon?  

The Super Dlx does not come with a download. However briefly on Friday Amazon had the Autorip icon on the sets but then removed them. I believe once we get closer they will include the autorip digital copy.

Hi, 

First Post. 

I got over excited and spent £1000 on the main boxset and other bits and bobs. 

I'm now having buyers remorse, £1000 is a fuck ton of money! 

What do I do? Cancel my order or keep it? 

I don't think I'd ever play any of the vinyl(don't even own a record player) or CD'S as I'm scared I'd damage them! 

What to do??? 

• Confused 1

22 minutes ago, B Rock said:

Hi, 

First Post. 

I got over excited and spent £1000 on the main boxset and other bits and bobs. 

I'm now having buyers remorse, £1000 is a fuck ton of money! 

What do I do? Cancel my order or keep it? 

I don't think I'd ever play any of the vinyl(don't even own a record player) or CD'S as I'm scared I'd damage them! 

What to do??? 

suck it up and enjoy it when it arrives. you can probably sell off individual pieces to recoup the money you spent and then some later in the Summer.

1 hour ago, GNRfanMILO said:

Yes. GN'R's delivery is cancer, while Amazon's is one of the best. You should definitely buy it from Amazon, unless you are getting the 'Locked N' Loaded' edition

So, I took both the GNR site and Amazon all the way to 'submit order' status to see the price diff.  Oddly enough, buying from the GNR site ends up being around $2 cheaper LOL!  HOWEVER, from past experience I know that the GNR site charges you right away, whereas Amazon charges you when shipped.  The only time GNR delivery was bad for me was when I was trying to get my Nightrain stuff.  Otherwise, it has been pretty decent.  Just my 2 cents.

6 hours ago, estrangedtwat said:

It was Troccoli's story.  He's got the largest documented collection of GNR memorabilia, including the one and only original stage banner from the club days.  If they wanted to make an accurate reproduction, they'd have to go to him.

Just keep in mind that there are others out there who have huge GNR memorabilia collections too but not necessarily publicly known.  My point is maybe new stuff may leak one day...

• Like 1