Appetite for Destruction Remastered General Thread

Thanks for all the advise. 

Maybe I'll keep it, stroke it lovingly for a bit(with gloves on) then sell off the individual pieces to recoup the cost but keep the Robert Williams lithograph which I've converted for years.. 

Hope the missus doesn't find out I've just spunked a grand.... 

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, Live Like a Suicide said:

I don't think the GNR site allows cancellations. I've never purchased anything from there, but that's what it says in its FAQ...

It says no cancellations after processing (preparing shipment stage) he should still be able to cancel.

Edited by -W.A.R-

6 minutes ago, kevinb said:

Just keep in mind that there are others out there who have huge GNR memorabilia collections too but not necessarily publicly known.  My point is maybe new stuff may leak one day...

Did you miss the part where Troccoli owns the FUCKING BANNER they reproduced for the set??

17 minutes ago, donny said:

"The Locked N' Loaded collection includes skull rings, temporary tattoos, and 49 previously unreleased songs. The shame you will feel upon purchase comes at no extra cost."

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Edited by -W.A.R-
  • Haha 2

What a joke. Stinks of pure cash grab and laziness. How can we make a shit tonne of money with little to no effort. No chance of them actually wanting to be creative and actually record new music. Appetite is great. One of the best rock albums ever but is it really gonna make any real difference remastering it along with some old demos and lies?!

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, blackrose87 said:

What a joke. Stinks of pure cash grab and laziness. How can we make a shit tonne of money with little to no effort. No chance of them actually wanting to be creative and actually record new music. Appetite is great. One of the best rock albums ever but is it really gonna make any real difference remastering it along with some old demos and lies?!

There is one person that doesn't want to create new music. He's been living off Appetite for 25 years now. I am surprised that people still have the heart to get outraged about it when this is just what he does.

9 minutes ago, Naupis said:

There is one person that doesn't want to create new music. He's been living off Appetite for 25 years now. I am surprised that people still have the heart to get outraged about it when this is just what he does.

I’m surprised that people still cream themselves when something like this comes out. And those who are desperate to think that any of the band went into the studio to re-record tracks😂 sad fact is that Slash is chomping the bit to make music and has to release it with SMKC instead of getting into a studio with Guns.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, GNRfan2008 said:

The iTunes download for Shadow of Your Love (and the deluxe album in general) is "pop" genre. Incompetent stuff there Apple. 

ND2FFK7.jpg

Pop is absolutely right, Pop is short for popular and GN'R is pretty popular, one of the best out there.

33 minutes ago, EvH said:

So we don't get the slower-paced Sweet Child demo with the cool fade-in and the alternate solo? :max:

Yea, just as outrageous as not including One in a Million. If not even more. That version was super fucking cool. Like the 80's heroin version of SCOM.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, estrangedtwat said:

Did you miss the part where Troccoli owns the FUCKING BANNER they reproduced for the set??

I know and it's AWESOME.   My point is we never know what others may have too such as band-played instruments and so many other collectibles.  Which is why a GNR fan convention one day would be cool...

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Litti said:

Pop is absolutely right, Pop is short for popular and GN'R is pretty popular, one of the best out there.

Led Zeppelin and AC/DC are also extremely popular. All three of them are rock bands, specifically HARD ROCK. "Pop" has been pretty well defined to mean stuff like Michael Jackson, Madonna, Backstreet Boys, Britney Spears, Lady GaGa, and so forth. 

9 minutes ago, GNRfan2008 said:

June 29th is the release date for Appetite Deluxe version. Shadow of Your Love is a pre-release single. 

Oh ok, I thought the June date was for the lock n loaded and the other stuff and the music would be out now.

I heard that their plan is to release a remaster Collection of Use Your Illusion next. That can be tricky since it's two albums, but it will make a great collection! And then do the same for Chinese Democracy, who knows if they will Re-record that one!

Edited by Propaganda

On 04/05/2018 at 2:18 PM, Gackt said:

All the CD's from the big box are cheap if you buy digitally, don't be a cheapass if you actually love this band :P

Seriously, don't ruin it for people that want this to be somewhat successful so there'll be something similar released for Illusions and Chinese.

I will buy the CD's. But I also I want the high res FLAC and the 5.1 mix.

Can't see a way of getting the 5.1 and the high res without buying the box though.