Appetite for Destruction Remastered General Thread

27 minutes ago, B17NNS said:

I will buy the CD's. But I also I want the high res FLAC and the 5.1 mix.

Can't see a way of getting the 5.1 and the high res without buying the box though.

They are including a USB stick with Blu-ray level audio quality versions of all the songs. I would think those will end up on torrent sites. Also possible someone will rip the 5.1 music as well and put it out there on the torrent sites. I'm not much of an audiophile, so I'm just sticking with the iTunes version for $30. 

So the Box set was available for pre-order on guns' website for £149.99.

It's no longer available to pre-order in the UK but it's up at £169.99 on Amazon.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Appetite-Destruction-Guns-N-Roses/dp/B07CPDVQYW/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1525549231&sr=8-3&keywords=appetite+for+destruction

They've also blocked us from seeing SOYL on youtube. :)

29 minutes ago, GNRfan2008 said:

I'm not much of an audiophile, so I'm just sticking with the iTunes version for $30. 

Nothing wrong with that buddy. I'm just set up for SACD/DVD audio 5.1 so I'm keen to hear what they've done with it.

Looking at it, the high res is AIFF not FLAC (a lossless Apple format) so it might be available to download from iTunes.

Personally I'd just have preferred an option to get alll the music in the highest qualities without any of the other bits and bobs. So £150 it is and possibly a dodgy download of the rest.

• Like 1

if they do something like this for the Illusions it can't have this much stuff, just the songs and maybe a book... imagine how expensive would be to do something like this for 2 albums... And I don't even doubt they would slide Spaghetti in it too

1 hour ago, Edward Nigma said:

Temporary tattoos..anybody remember the chewing gum you could buy that came with a temporary tattoo?

Anyway..

Temporary tatoo is more suitable to teen fan ,don't have sense for my😕

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, James Bond said:

I pre-ordered the Super Deluxe off Amazon because I feel more confident in their shipping department than the band’s website. :lol:

Maybe you don't want that Fernando buy  anohoter Porsche car....:P

24 minutes ago, B17NNS said:

Nothing wrong with that buddy. I'm just set up for SACD/DVD audio 5.1 so I'm keen to hear what they've done with it.

Looking at it, the high res is AIFF not FLAC (a lossless Apple format) so it might be available to download from iTunes.

Personally I'd just have preferred an option to get alll the music in the highest qualities without any of the other bits and bobs. So £150 it is and possibly a dodgy download of the rest.

I agree, would be nice if they put the Blu-ray audio for all of the music on iTunes (full quality, not 256 kbps) for say $60-70. That's a fair asking price IMHO. Much better than $180-1,000.

If Radiohead can sell people $200 vinyl copies of Kid A that carefully exploit vinyl holograms to make it seem like the listener has friends who aren't on message boards, then one of the world's most comically ostentatious rock bands—middle-aged men who still conjure up images of hot pants top hats and drunken brawls—should be able to do this.

So much gold in this sentence. :lol:

• Like 1

2 hours ago, B17NNS said:

I will buy the CD's. But I also I want the high res FLAC and the 5.1 mix.

Can't see a way of getting the 5.1 and the high res without buying the box though.

That's true, you're forced to either buy the super deluxe physical edition, or check ebay for the people buying the package and selling all the contents individually.

17 hours ago, Powerage5 said:

I'm surprised there aren't more people excited by the 5.1 mix - that's one of the things I'm most looking forward to. 

Me too. I want the bluray, the High Res files and the vinyl.  Those are the must haves for me, so hopefully eventually they will be a affordable price. 

1 hour ago, RussTCB said:

Jesus H Christ. That article couldn't be any more on point. 

100% agree

1 hour ago, DieselDaisy said:

This is a well written and viciously honest takedown.  Starved for GN’R content, I was coveting anything “new”. However, this is a blatant cash grab for fans who can afford or scrape this kind of disposable income together.  

It would be one thing if we got 20 live, soundboard quality albums on top of these four CDs. 

To each his or her own. I love wearing a good GNR shirt on the weekends but not a skull ring. I am going with the Amazon download for $28!

Edited by nycgunner

37 minutes ago, TupacShakur said:

I did it I broke down and bought 3 $1000 dollar locked and loaded box sets 1  to open 1 to keep sealed in my garage and 1 to put in my safe

but if you open all 3 you will have 15 guitar pics to admire 

I don't want to spoil anyone's fun, and I'm sure the people parting with the 1k are super excited about their purchase but I'm really miffed about what's so exciting? 

Wtf am I going to do with a guitar pic? I don't own a guitar. And if I did, I'm sure I could buy a GNR guitar pic for about $3 bucks on eBay! 

Temporary tattoos? Where do I go with this one? It's on par with belt buckles and bandannas. 

Appetite remastered??? Well I can sort of see why some people are falling over themselves for it. I consider myself a bigger than casual fan, but my ears like AFD just the way it is.. maybe I'm not that picky I dunno. 

SOYL has been cleaned up nicely but the lyrics are crap and the video was lazy... maybe they've completed their contract with geffen now?? If so... then who knows what the next plan is. 

Overall, if you've got the coin to blow on all this then lucky you. I've been a fan as long as I can remember and with a 2 yr old and another on the way I don't have that cash to blow, but even if I did, this box set still wouldn't get my money. 

Id much prefer something that was limited edition (not 10,000) and it would need to be personalised. Rather than all the swag, I'd have preferred a pro shot DVD or blue ray of something rare or semi rare rather than a tattoo or flag or guitar pic, 

i hope they do something for illusions such as pro shots or the documentary that is rumoured to exist, that might get me far more excited than what this has. 

Sorry if I've pissed on anyone's parade, just my op

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, Tadsy said:

I don't want to spoil anyone's fun, and I'm sure the people parting with the 1k are super excited about their purchase but I'm really miffed about what's so exciting? 

Wtf am I going to do with a guitar pic? I don't own a guitar. And if I did, I'm sure I could buy a GNR guitar pic for about $3 bucks on eBay! 

Temporary tattoos? Where do I go with this one? It's on par with belt buckles and bandannas. 

Appetite remastered??? Well I can sort of see why some people are falling over themselves for it. I consider myself a bigger than casual fan, but my ears like AFD just the way it is.. maybe I'm not that picky I dunno. 

SOYL has been cleaned up nicely but the lyrics are crap and the video was lazy... maybe they've completed their contract with geffen now?? If so... then who knows what the next plan is. 

Overall, if you've got the coin to blow on all this then lucky you. I've been a fan as long as I can remember and with a 2 yr old and another on the way I don't have that cash to blow, but even if I did, this box set still wouldn't get my money. 

Id much prefer something that was limited edition (not 10,000) and it would need to be personalised. Rather than all the swag, I'd have preferred a pro shot DVD or blue ray of something rare or semi rare rather than a tattoo or flag or guitar pic, 

i hope they do something for illusions such as pro shots or the documentary that is rumoured to exist, that might get me far more excited than what this has. 

Sorry if I've pissed on anyone's parade, just my op

I understand your concern however I don’t think people are going to be using the picks to actually play a guitar. I’m willing to bet they are going to put memorabilia in display cases, hutches, shadow boxes or whatever.  Like you said,  It’s not for everybody.  If I had the extra coin I’d spring for it but I don’t; so I’ll just have to settle for plastic picks.

• Like 2