Appetite for Destruction Remastered General Thread

6 minutes ago, Dazey said:

I LOVE that despite that fact there's an $800 price difference between the two for what basically amounts to a few bits of paper and a fake leather box. :lol: 

The vinyl adds to the price but it shouldn't add anywhere near $800!

For me personally my AFD "holy grail" is the first pressing original artwork vinyl that I got a few years ago so honestly in terms of vinyl I am quite pleased with that, I would enjoy a cheaper opinion for everything demo-wise on CD but I will be happy with the 2-CD plus downloading/streaming the rest

For those of you in the USA, ImportCDs.com has the Appetite Super Deluxe Edition available for pre-order at $126.44 +$2.99 shipping.

https://www.importcds.com/guns-n-roses-appetite-for-destruction/602567523758

I have ordered from ImportCDs.com many times over the years.

I've never had a problem, although it is difficult to cancel an order once it has been placed.

There is a good chance that ImportCDs.com will offer a 10% off code before the AFD reissues are released. 

Also, keep in mind that ImportCDs raises prices once an item has been released.

On a related note, DeepDiscount.com has the AFD SDE for $149.

I've ordered many items from DeepDiscount since 2002 and have not experienced any major issues during our transactions.

https://www.deepdiscount.com/appetite-for-destruction/602567523758

DeepDiscount.com offers 15% off coupon codes regularly, which would bring the price down to $126.68.

I am going to hold out for a 10% or 15% off code as June 29th is nearly 2 months away.

ImportCDs and DeepDiscount are owned by the same parent corporation.

Items from both shops are likely shipped from the same warehouse.

Either way, you'll save $50 off the $180 Appetite For Destruction "Super Deluxe Edition" list price ordering from ImportCDs or DeepDiscount (using the 15% off code)... :headbang:
ImportCDs and DeepDiscount will ship internationally. Postage prices vary by your location.

If you order, please like this post!

For the record, I receive no commissions from the above links, I simply enjoy sharing deal information.

Thank you!

Edited by rockphantom
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • GNFNR 1

A little advice for everyone buying Locked n Loaded or Super Deluxe Box and living outside the US, UK, Australia, Germany, Canada, Japan (all of those are countries that have their own GNR Merch site)-order those boxes from the Canadian site. It's much cheaper. For example, I live in Serbia, and buying the Super Deluxe box from the UK and US merch shop would have cost me 225 US dollars (shipping included), and buying one on the Canadian site costed me around 200 Canadian dollars, which is like 150$. It's much cheaper than on any other site so you could save a lot of money.

16 hours ago, Ralphelmo said:

Cause' it must be complete shit.

Haha, yeah I was being ironic. Although a part of me does want the whole vault emptied which would include this. A CD boxset will be very interesting.

We heard the SCOM re-recording on the Big Daddy soundtrack. To be honest the vocals sounded fantastic, although the guitar work was clearly not Slash. And this was pre-Bucket so less interesting to me anyway.

20 minutes ago, Banesto said:

A little advice for everyone buying Locked n Loaded or Super Deluxe Box and living outside the US, UK, Australia, Germany, Canada, Japan (all of those are countries that have their own GNR Merch site)-order those boxes from the Canadian site. It's much cheaper. For example, I live in Serbia, and buying the Super Deluxe box from the UK and US merch shop would have cost me 225 US dollars (shipping included), and buying one on the Canadian site costed me around 200 Canadian dollars, which is like 150$. It's much cheaper than on any other site so you could save a lot of money.

If you order at the german site it's free shipping within Europe

Edit: Only for the Locked N Loaded Box though

Edit2: No, also for the Super Deluxe Edition

Edited by AFDRR

29 minutes ago, AFDRR said:

If you order at the german site it's free shipping within Europe

Edit: Only for the Locked N Loaded Box though

Edit2: No, also for the Super Deluxe Edition

Yes, but the price of Super Deluxe there is I think 170€(200$), so even without shipping it is around 50$ more expensive

I think the free shipping from Germany isnt for the whole Europe, just for EU+Efta, and sadly my country doesnt belong to any. I may be wrong, but i think it is like this, the site is currently unavailable to me for some reason so i cant check.

8 minutes ago, Banesto said:

Yes, but the price of Super Deluxe there is I think 170€(200$), so even without shipping it is around 50$ more expensive

I think the free shipping from Germany isnt for the whole Europe, just for EU+Efta, and sadly my country doesnt belong to any. I may be wrong, but i think it is like this, the site is currently unavailable to me for some reason so i cant check.

Yeah you're right. A shame that they don't send Locked N Loaded Box to europe (at least not Austria,). Would be a lot cheaper there. The super deluxe they send though and is 50€ cheaper than the german one including shipping as you said.

• Like 1

On 5/6/2018 at 6:43 AM, Axl owns dexter said:

To be fair, don't most bands do the box set for the diehards now? Metallica did a big one with Master of Puppets. The remastered version sounding no different than the original album and the live recordings sounding like they were recorded in a garage!

Only one live album sounded like garbage and that was the first show they did with Jason so it's historically important for them and it's understandable. 

Also bass sounded much better in the remastered version. Kill em all also sounded better on remaster. Only Ride the lighting didn't have any changes

Edited by Nicklord

2 hours ago, thealterman said:

Amazon dropped the super deluxe set to 138.74!

That is more like it because I was starting to have second thoughts about buying it... I've already heard 99% of the stuff and have most of it in CD, Vinyl or digitally format anyway.  

8 hours ago, Bitchisback said:

Oh wow thanks man.  180 is a little too much for me but I can swing 130.

Do you think I should preorder this right now or wait around?  I imagine Amazon will match? 

I've noticed that Amazon dropped their price down to $138. DeepDiscount should drop their price to match Amazon.

If you stack a 15% off coupon on top of the $138 price, you could obtain the AFD SDE for around $117. 

Likewise, if you use a 10% off coupon on ImportCDs.com's $126.44 price, you would obtain the AFD SDE for around $117 after $3 shipping.

DeepDiscount and ImportCDs list coupon codes on their front pages when they are active.

No need to hunt them down.

Also, DeepDiscount.com offers special "Deal Grabber" rock bottom pricing during the week of release for most major titles.

I suggest waiting. June 29th is over 7 weeks away!

Please let me know if I could be of further assistance. :headbang:

• Like 2

I think I read on the official GN'R site that the BluRay has "animations" (lyric videos im assuming) for all the AFD and Lies songs, as well as the two Clink bonus tracks.

is that true? If so, im kinda surprised we haven't really talked about that yet.

EDIT: also, does anyone know if the iTunes version of the super deluxe package also comes with the animations and 5.1 mixes from the bluray? As well as scans of the new 96-page picture book?

Edited by rocknroll41

6 hours ago, Nicklord said:

Only one live album sounded like garbage and that was the first show they did with Jason so it's historically important for them and it's understandable. 

Also bass sounded much better in the remastered version. Kill em all also sounded better on remaster. Only Ride the lighting didn't have any changes

Both Kill and Ride (the studio albums) were crushed at the mastering stage for CD.

Clearly inferior sounding to earlier releases.

3 hours ago, rocknroll41 said:

I think I read on the official GN'R site that the BluRay has "animations" (lyric videos im assuming) for all the AFD and Lies songs, as well as the two Clink bonus tracks.

is that true? If so, im kinda surprised we haven't really talked about that yet.

EDIT: also, does anyone know if the iTunes version of the super deluxe package also comes with the animations and 5.1 mixes from the bluray? As well as scans of the new 96-page picture book?

I like the current lyric video, so looking forward to them!

• Like 1