Appetite for Destruction Remastered General Thread

POPMARKET.COM has the AFD Super Deluxe Edition for $135.99 shipped.

This site offers 15% off codes from time to time, so it should be possible to get the AFD SDE for around $115 from PopMarket.

I expect a 15% off code to be offered before the box set is released.

https://www.popmarket.com/guns-n-roses-appetite-for-destruction/602567523758

Edited by rockphantom
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, arrio said:

Can someone upload the track list .4 discs

• CD 2 – B-SIDES N’ EPS: REMASTERED
    • Reckless Life, Nice Boys, Move To The City (Live), Mama Kin, Shadow Of Your Love (Live), You’re Crazy (Acoustic Version), Patience, Used To Love Her, You’re Crazy, It’s So Easy (Live), Knockin’ On Heaven’s Door (Live), Whole Lotta Rosie (Live), 
  • CD 3 – 1986 SOUND CITY SESSION (All Previously Unreleased)
    • Welcome To The Jungle, Nightrain, Out Ta Get Me, Paradise City, My Michelle, Think About You, You’re Crazy, Anything Goes, Rocket Queen, Shadow Of Your Love, Heartbreak Hotel, Jumpin’ Jack Flash
  • CD 4 – 1986 SOUND CITY SESSION N’ MORE (All Previously Unreleased)
    • Shadow Of Your Love, Move To The City, Ain’t Goin’ Down No More (Instrumental Version), The Plague, Nice Boys, Back Off Bitch, Reckless Life, Mama Kin, New Work Tune, November Rain (Piano Version), Move To The City (Acoustic Version), You’re Crazy (Acoustic Version), November Rain (Acoustic Version), Jumpin’ Jack Flash (Acoustic Version), Move To The City (1988 Acoustic Version)
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, rockphantom said:

This site offers 15% off codes from time to time, so it should be possible to get the AFD SDE for around $115 from PopMarket.

Just sent a price match to Amazon 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Bitchisback said:

I wonder If these remasters will have the lame live overdubs or just be the straight up studio versions 🤔

It will have the live crowd overdubs for sure, since it is a remaster and not a remix/alternative release of the "live-less" versions

• Sad 1

Did they really make 10,000 copies of that $999.99 box set? Because if they did I am pretty sure they are going to be knocking the price on it in the near future, if they are only making 1,000 or so copies and are going to wait on how it sells before making the others I am not sure they are going to bother making more 

11 minutes ago, k12 said:

Did they really make 10,000 copies of that $999.99 box set? Because if they did I am pretty sure they are going to be knocking the price on it in the near future, if they are only making 1,000 or so copies and are going to wait on how it sells before making the others I am not sure they are going to bother making more 

Yeah, there really are 10000 copies. I'm banking on it being $500 or less in 6 months to a year. 

6 hours ago, RussTCB said:

Yeah, there really are 10000 copies. I'm banking on it being $500 or less in 6 months to a year. 

well that is my price point, really $300-$400 is what I am willing to spend, but if I am seeing it as $500 and it is not going to get cheaper I might say fuck it and bite the bullet, I would really love to see how many of these things they sell at $999.99, I am guessing they are going to be very hush about the numbers, of course there are going to people who are going to buy it at $999.99, than after a few months they are going to reduce the price and I am sure they are going to piss off those early buyers

23 hours ago, rockphantom said:

The Pop Market price is up to $149. It will drop down to $136 again soon.

Pop Market raises the price of an item and then drops it regularly to increase temptation.

The release of the AFD reissues is still 7 weeks away, I think odds are good that we will be able to buy the AFD Super Deluxe Edition for $120 or less (after coupon).

Edited by rockphantom

I have a question, on the making of ‘don’t cry’ video they play a snippet of a version of ‘heartbreak hotel’ that sounded mastered, we got the bootleg song years later, is this the version (mastered ) from the making of video, if so that version sounded epic , and would be a great cover song for the radio?

The reason I thin that small snippet was mastered was because everything (drums especially) sounded real loud / clear and awesome

Think

what else do you get in the 999$ version vs the 179$ version besides the vinyls, lapel pins, rings, guitar picks, bandana a few exrra posters/flyers, buttons, patches, a fucking coin and the actual box? did i miss anything?

i guess the usb stick seems kinda cool but ill make one myself when this shit hits the shelves... i certainly dont see why anyone other than collectors would splurge on the big box and the more and more i look at the contents of the second, the more and more im leaning towards keeping my cash. all i really want is the music, which is free... not really looking to spend 200$ to make my jean jacket look cool

24 minutes ago, Hollywood Gunner said:

what else do you get in the 999$ version vs the 179$ version besides the vinyls, lapel pins, rings, guitar picks, bandana a few exrra posters/flyers, buttons, patches, a fucking coin and the actual box? did i miss anything?

i guess the usb stick seems kinda cool but ill make one myself when this shit hits the shelves... i certainly dont see why anyone other than collectors would splurge on the big box and the more and more i look at the contents of the second, the more and more im leaning towards keeping my cash. all i really want is the music, which is free... not really looking to spend 200$ to make my jean jacket look cool

The turntable mat looked pretty cool

• Like 1

On 10.5.2018 at 2:40 AM, Bitchisback said:
  • CD 2 – B-SIDES N’ EPS: REMASTERED
    • Reckless Life, Nice Boys, Move To The City (Live), Mama Kin, Shadow Of Your Love (Live), You’re Crazy (Acoustic Version), Patience, Used To Love Her, You’re Crazy, It’s So Easy (Live), Knockin’ On Heaven’s Door (Live), Whole Lotta Rosie (Live),

Some few question.

Reckless, Nice Boys, Move To The City and Mama Kin are GN'R Lies Version? with added Crowd effect? or without Crowd?

Is Shadow Of Your Love (Live) this version?   click me

So we have also a Whole Lotta Rosie Live Remaster?  this is actually pretty cool

What is You're Crazy (Acoustic)? I don't know where it from.. B Side or EP?

One which disc is the new fresh Sahdow Of Your Love from 2018?

Edited by t-p-d-a