Jump to content

Appetite for Destruction Remastered General Thread


Recommended Posts

what else do you get in the 999$ version vs the 179$ version besides the vinyls, lapel pins, rings, guitar picks, bandana a few exrra posters/flyers, buttons, patches, a fucking coin and the actual box? did i miss anything?

i guess the usb stick seems kinda cool but ill make one myself when this shit hits the shelves... i certainly dont see why anyone other than collectors would splurge on the big box and the more and more i look at the contents of the second, the more and more im leaning towards keeping my cash. all i really want is the music, which is free... not really looking to spend 200$ to make my jean jacket look cool

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

24 minutes ago, Hollywood Gunner said:

what else do you get in the 999$ version vs the 179$ version besides the vinyls, lapel pins, rings, guitar picks, bandana a few exrra posters/flyers, buttons, patches, a fucking coin and the actual box? did i miss anything?

i guess the usb stick seems kinda cool but ill make one myself when this shit hits the shelves... i certainly dont see why anyone other than collectors would splurge on the big box and the more and more i look at the contents of the second, the more and more im leaning towards keeping my cash. all i really want is the music, which is free... not really looking to spend 200$ to make my jean jacket look cool

 

The turntable mat looked pretty cool

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 10.5.2018 at 2:40 AM, Bitchisback said:
  • CD 2 – B-SIDES N’ EPS: REMASTERED
    • Reckless Life, Nice Boys, Move To The City (Live), Mama Kin, Shadow Of Your Love (Live), You’re Crazy (Acoustic Version), Patience, Used To Love Her, You’re Crazy, It’s So Easy (Live), Knockin’ On Heaven’s Door (Live), Whole Lotta Rosie (Live),

Some few question.

Reckless, Nice Boys, Move To The City and Mama Kin are GN'R Lies Version? with added Crowd effect? or without Crowd?

Is Shadow Of Your Love (Live) this version?   click me

So we have also a Whole Lotta Rosie Live Remaster?  this is actually pretty cool

What is You're Crazy (Acoustic)? I don't know where it from.. B Side or EP?

One which disc is the new fresh Sahdow Of Your Love from 2018?

Edited by t-p-d-a
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

Removing the live crowd would presumably require a whole new remix if it was placed across isolated tracks before the mixing (and therefore mastering) stage.

I'm confused that Move To The City is listed as (live) and the other GN'R Lies Tracks are not listest as (Live)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, t-p-d-a said:

What is You're Crazy (Acoustic)? I don't know where it from.. B Side or EP?

I have an acoustic demo of the song, I am guessing it is that.. It starts off with a couple band members saying "One, One, two, three, four, then Axl Says one, two and it starts...  I think Steven is playing Bongos instead of a drum kit and doesn't swear.  Axl does some vocal noises before the solo too. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

23 hours ago, Tom-Ass said:

I have an acoustic demo of the song, I am guessing it is that.. It starts off with a couple band members saying "One, One, two, three, four, then Axl Says one, two and it starts...  I think Steven is playing Bongos instead of a drum kit and doesn't swear.  Axl does some vocal noises before the solo too. 

Yep that’s it...it was included on  a few Imported 12 inch lps back during the Appetite era....

https://www.discogs.com/Guns-N-Roses-Welcome-To-The-Jungle-Nightrain/release/521655

Also it was released on the Alan Niven demos....

http://www.gunsnflowers.com/gunsnroses4/alan/patience.htm

 

 

 

Edited by PrimosPeppers
Forgot added info
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 5/11/2018 at 3:37 AM, DieselDaisy said:

Removing the live crowd would presumably require a whole new remix if it was placed across isolated tracks before the mixing (and therefore mastering) stage.

Well the mixes without the crowd noise do exists, so no need to remix. Both versions were dropped during the Pasha sessions. This set includes the none crowd noise mixes: 

http://www.gunsnflowers.com/gunsnroses4/alan/flash.htm

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, PrimosPeppers said:

Yep that’s it...it was included on  a few Imported 12 inch lps back during the Appetite era....

https://www.discogs.com/Guns-N-Roses-Welcome-To-The-Jungle-Nightrain/release/521655

Also it was released on the Alan Niven demos....

http://www.gunsnflowers.com/gunsnroses4/alan/patience.htm

 

 

 

This set becomes less appealing every day due to the fact that we have all heard or own 99% of this shit already.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 11/5/2018 at 5:30 AM, t-p-d-a said:

Some few question.

Reckless, Nice Boys, Move To The City and Mama Kin are GN'R Lies Version? with added Crowd effect? or without Crowd?

Is Shadow Of Your Love (Live) this version?   click me

So we have also a Whole Lotta Rosie Live Remaster?  this is actually pretty cool

What is You're Crazy (Acoustic)? I don't know where it from.. B Side or EP?

One which disc is the new fresh Sahdow Of Your Love from 2018?

Good questions!!!

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

47 minutes ago, rockphantom said:

I think the best deals for the Super Deluxe Edition will be during the week of release. Don't panic if the price goes up before then!

:lol: I'm not going to panic if it goes up. I am just going to say fuck that and wait longer to buy it 😂. I will listen to it day 1, whether legally or illegally. In the end, I will still buy it, just not in a hurry to get it.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I'm still reasonably sure all of the tracks from the Super Deluxe Edition will be on all the streaming services on day 1. I don't think anyone will have an issue with that. It's just a matter of if you want the book & packaging or not. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

DeepDiscount.com is currently having a 15% off sale if you use the code BLOOM15.

Code expires at noon central time on Wednesday May 16th

I pre-ordered the AFD Super Deluxe Edition for $126.68.

If a better price appears, I'll just cancel the order by calling Deep Discount's customer service line at:  800-264-5076

DeepDiscount.com, ImportCDs.com, and Popmarket.com are all outlets for the same distributor.

Hope this helps!

 

 

AFD SDE Deep Discount Sale.JPG

Edited by rockphantom
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, rockphantom said:

DeepDiscount.com is currently having a 15% off sale if you use the code BLOOM15.

Code expires at noon central time on Wednesday May 16th

I pre-ordered the AFD Super Deluxe Edition for $126.68.

If a better price appears, I'll just cancel the order by calling Deep Discount's customer service line at:  800-264-5076

DeepDiscount.com, ImportCDs.com, and Popmarket.com are all outlets for the same distributor.

Hope this helps!

 

 

AFD SDE Deep Discount Sale.JPG

Do they charge on spot or when it ships?  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • downzy changed the title to Appetite for Destruction Remastered General Thread
  • downzy pinned this topic

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...