Appetite for Destruction Remastered General Thread

11 minutes ago, AxlRoseCDII said:

Slightly raise the bass in parts, slightly lower the drums. Add a few more tracks or live versions. A proper remastering also means better quality which I'd prefer for my headphones, while driving, etc.

But Axls re-recording comments form 99' scare me.  He said the drumming sounded too 80's.  I would really hope they dont change the mix and the gated reverb on the snare.  Adler made that sound really work.  Plus it was relatively subtle for the era.

1 hour ago, Stizzyfan01 said:

Doesn’t Steven have social media.  Someone should post it to him and see if he responds.  He would be the one to respond over the other ones.  I think it’s nothing.  Steven is going on tour with his band.  

I also think Steven has dug himself a deep hole with his comments about Guns N Roses.

Ohhhhh don't worry he will respond all right, it's just a matter of time. More nostalgic wish full thinking banter laced with bitterness and back handedness comments will ensue soon.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Order of Nine said:

Ohhhhh don't worry he will respond all right, it's just a matter of time. More nostalgic wish full thinking banter laced with bitterness and back handedness comments will ensue soon.

In case you haven't noticed ''Guns N' Roses'' have just used his image to promote something?

FB_IMG_1525033910007.jpg.05ff01294e0ad19

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Modano09 said:

Oh that's cool that Axl had Duff and his wife over for dinner. It seems to suggest they're not just doing this for the money and actually like being around each other.

It was not a "buddies" dinner.

Fernando's wife was left out, so it was clearly a business dinner, probably to polish details of whatever they are releasing/promoting now.

The Metallica - Master of Puppets deluxe malarkey was pretty badass, if they did something like that then I'd be impressed...

Except, really I'm sad to say, it'll no doubt just be some excuse for another cash-grab tour.... we are just cows for the milking these days....

I just want a brand new album written and recorded fresh with the energy they have built.... that's how it's supposed to be if you ask an old rocker like me 

17 minutes ago, marlingrl03 said:

Steven is on facebook, IG etc....an hour ago he posted this about his upcoming tour...nothing else.

22365581_10156085747782446_6666969441858

Excited to see all my Australian and New Zealander friends! Me, Constantine Maroulis, Sean McNabb, Michael Thomas and Carl Restivoare coming to Rock N' FN' Roll thru these cities!!!

He was at the shooting a music video last night, I guess some rapper guy.

I don't know why people now want him talking........ if all the time complain because of what he thinks, says and does..... Im glad he's not said anything about this so far.

• Like 2

An AFD 5 gig/gigs are what's wanted now, we dont need a remastered AFD. We dont need unrealesed tracks or even box sets. When the GNR machine kickstarted again, the only thing most fans wanted to see is all 5 AFD originals share a stage again. There are millions of fans out there that have never seen all 5 AFD guys onstage together. I'm fairly certain those 5 playing a tour or a few shows together would eclipse anything the NITL Tour has achevied. Come on guys if any of you read this do it for the fans its what we truly want 

• Like 2