Appetite for Destruction Remastered General Thread

1 hour ago, AxlRoseCDII said:

Basically some insurance that buys them some guarenteed listeners on the first day. Plus, the casual listeners will actually forget since they never follow any of this too deeply.

Right on, I figured as much. 

• GNFNR 1

21 hours ago, RussTCB said:

Maybe this makes me old, but I don't get the idea here. I've seen this with other bands. Is it just the label making sure you don't forget when something you want to listen to is released? 

Gotta get those 0.0008 cents per stream in, funds are tight at GNR towers!

• Haha 2

On 5/28/2018 at 10:22 PM, MaskingApathy said:

I still don't understand how we go from super deluxe around $179 to locked n loaded at $999.

the difference is, you're getting a cloth patch, personally managed by Fernando. that's enough to justify the price. the man needs some bucks for his living, goddamnit!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 5/29/2018 at 5:32 PM, GNRfanMILO said:

Don’t know if this is real, but it looks that you can pre-save the AFD remaster to have it on Spotify the day it is released. I’m on my phone and I can’t sync it to my account.

https://umusic.digital/gnr/

nwser3T.jpg

Yep! Same with Apple Music. I already have “downloaded” the full album on my phone and on June 29th I will have the album available on my library. Today/Yesterday WTTJ from Sound City Sessions  was automatically downloaded to my phone.

I'm so pumped to get this! I've looked over the tracklist again, and honestly, this is a treasure trove of great stuff. Imagine putting on the blu ray version of appetite, 5.1 surround mix and freshly remastered. :drool: Going to grab a beer, close the door and enjoying the ride! :axl92::slash::izzy::duff::popcorn: (why is there no steven emoticon? oh well, I went with the popcorn guy then)

Edited by action
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, Sonic Reducer said:

Anyone who pays a thousand bucks for this is either loaded as fuck, or a complete idiot.

I paid the $1000 for this and no regrets. My chest hurt when I clicked the buy button but after a week my bank account was just fine, all bills were paid, and life moved on. I am anything but "loaded as fuck." So i'm happy about it. I've spent $1000 on more stupid GNR shit over the years that you wouldn't even imagine. There are people willing to spend thousands (plural) for one or two unheard CD songs. If/When the UYI set comes out i'll be more than happy to buy that set too.

I'll be waiting on @RussTCB to make a trip and listen to the set 

• Like 2

I still haven't pulled the trigger on the super deluxe.... Just doesn't seem worth it since I already have or heard 99% of it.  It is so redundant too.. Move To The City is great and all but there is 3 or 4 version of it on of the CDs.. Not sure how many in the entire box.. Not saying I won't buy it someday but definitely not a priority.

1 hour ago, Tom-Ass said:

I still haven't pulled the trigger on the super deluxe.... Just doesn't seem worth it since I already have or heard 99% of it.  It is so redundant too.. Move To The City is great and all but there is 3 or 4 version of it on of the CDs.. Not sure how many in the entire box.. Not saying I won't buy it someday but definitely not a priority.

1 minute ago, AxlRoseCDII said:

I have no issue just streaming it, I don’t really feel a need to own this.

That's how I feel.

If Locked & Loaded had been properly priced ($650) I would've bought that just to have it. But since that's overpriced and I don't feel like I need to own any of the lesser versions, I'm out.

• Like 1
  • GNFNR 1

3 hours ago, Tom-Ass said:

I thought 113 was fair for it.  The book is gonna be cool, the quality sounds a lot better than before, that third disc sounds awesome.  The blu ray sounds dope.

It seems like a decent box for what i paid for it.  I'm also excited to get a somewhat new release from gnr too  

Im backing off from even buying the digital version (which is like 20 bucks)

Only got SOYL so far.... why do I need take 45 of Nightrain? These kind of questions have been popping up and making me refrain from everything.

So probably I will not get it or if I do it will be in some months.... if I can find it here in the third world, as I will not pay any extra shipping or custom bollocks to have it sent from abroad.

life is all about experiences. and as they say "once you got that money it cost more now" and ain't that the truth

the super deluxe version will be a special experience alright.

from the sight of new GNR product, the feel of the package, the smell of the paper, the goodies, the poster, the 4CD's with appetite stuff, the blu ray....

I believe I have asked for this very product not so long ago: appetite remaster and outtakes. and here is what I wished for.

shut up and take my fucking money

Edited by action
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, It’s So Easy said:

Pfft. 

When Locked & Loaded gets a 50% clearence sale, let me know. 

That's what I'm waiting for. I heard there's like 10000 of them, so I'll definitely be able to get it for $500 within the first year.

51 minutes ago, killuridols said:

Im backing off from even buying the digital version (which is like 20 bucks)

Only got SOYL so far.... why do I need take 45 of Nightrain? These kind of questions have been popping up and making me refrain from everything.

So probably I will not get it or if I do it will be in some months.... if I can find it here in the third world, as I will not pay any extra shipping or custom bollocks to have it sent from abroad.

I'm just going to hold off altogether because of the above. I'll just stream it all (preferably on Tidal) until if/when the Locked & Loaded set comes down to the right price.

2 minutes ago, action said:

life is all about experiences. and as they say "once you got that money it cost more now" and ain't that the truth

the super deluxe version will be a special experience alright.

from the sight of new GNR product, the feel of the package, the smell of the paper, the goodies, the poster, the 4CD's with appetite stuff, the blu ray....

I believe I have asked for this very product not so long ago: appetite remaster and outtakes. and here is what I wished for.

shut up and take my fucking money

Ok, now this is an argument I like. I mean, in a way, this whole thing is "to each their own" right? I like what you're saying though and I get it. I'm not trying to discourage anyone else from buying any version of the set. I'm most certainly not trying to discourage anyone from enjoying it. You've probably got the best outlook on the set that I've seen, so good on you :)

• Like 3

44 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

I'm just going to hold off altogether because of the above. I'll just stream it all (preferably on Tidal) until if/when the Locked & Loaded set comes down to the right price.

Yes, me too. Via Spotify and the only thing that attracts me from the package is the photographic book from Axl's vault. 

I love photo books in good quality (smell of paper, texture, etc) so I'm looking forward to have that one but I'm in no hurry, lol. 

5 minutes ago, killuridols said:

Yes, me too. Via Spotify and the only thing that attracts me from the package is the photographic book from Axl's vault. 

I love photo books in good quality (smell of paper, texture, etc) so I'm looking forward to have that one but I'm in no hurry, lol. 

I feel that way about the book overall but you know all the pics will get shared here immediately, so you can wait til the price comes down to own it and get that "new book feeling" lol

2 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

I feel that way about the book overall but you know all the pics will get shared here immediately, so you can wait til the price comes down to own it and get that "new book feeling" lol

Yes, I know... not sure I will want to see them, though :ph34r:

I'd like to keep a surprise factor for when I get the book, if that's even possible with the state things are!

• Like 1