Appetite for Destruction Remastered General Thread

9 hours ago, Bitchisback said:

Lol it hasnt even come out yet.  Of course they didnt lower the price.  And my guess with this honestly it will never drop below 750.  I could see a 25% off sale around the holiday if it isn't selling well but 150 is just silly.

I'll be stunned if it's not $500 within the first year. 

3 hours ago, RussTCB said:

I agree. My wife bought me the box for my bday after I told her not to, and it pains me thinking that it'll probably drop that much! I'm curious to see what Gene Simmons will do with his extra $2k box sets when his dumb little tour of them is over. 

3 minutes ago, GoBucky said:

I agree. My wife bought me the box for my bday after I told her not to, and it pains me thinking that it'll probably drop that much! I'm curious to see what Gene Simmons will do with his extra $2k box sets when his dumb little tour of them is over. 

I think my wife was putting together a similar plan but decided against it after hearing me go on about how over priced it was lol

4 hours ago, RussTCB said:

they might make a BestBuy deal. the last time it worked great! within a few weeks, the album was in that huge buckets where everything is for $1

• Like 2

5 hours ago, zombux said:

they might make a BestBuy deal. the last time it worked great! within a few weeks, the album was in that huge buckets where everything is for $1

Got my extra copy unopened at Goodwill for less than 50 cents. People have no clue what they are missing. A good album in an era of crap.

30 minutes ago, Tucknroll said:

Is the only way to get ALL the music is the box? Does super deluxe have the same music?

As far as I know the $180 version has all the same music as the $1000 version. I could have that wrong though. 

• Thanks 1

I was considering getting the $180 version, but I'm having second thoughts. While I'm still a fan of the music, there is so much I dislike about this band and the "entourage". The more I think about it, the less I can justify spending so much money on this. To quote Alan Niven, "instead of spending $1000 on a box set, why don't you send $1000 to a needy charity and really do something for the world".

15 minutes ago, Scream of the Butterfly said:

I was considering getting the $180 version, but I'm having second thoughts. While I'm still a fan of the music, there is so much I dislike about this band and the "entourage". The more I think about it, the less I can justify spending so much money on this. To quote Alan Niven, "instead of spending $1000 on a box set, why don't you send $1000 to a needy charity and really do something for the world".

Charity is overrated. You'd better off demanding a better usage of your tax dollars. Less spending in wars and more investing in welfare.

32 minutes ago, Scream of the Butterfly said:

or buy a decent pile of quality craft booze. you'll help many small companies and guys who are doing the thing with love. 

or go to the club to see some small band, that's still going up and has something to offer. creativity, interesting new stuff. no nostalgy money grab.

• Like 1

Good news! I listened to this acoustic Move To The City, and it sounds different to the 2 we already have from those sessions. One is electrical and the other is acoustic but clearly a different take.

My notes say that a few songs didn't make it to the circulating demo tapes, and one of them is Move To The City. So it may be this one.