Appetite for Destruction Remastered General Thread

2 hours ago, troccoli said:

For those of you that bought the big box, don't forget to look for the hidden bonus cassette tape!

I’m so glad you said something; otherwise, I never would have found it. Very cool! Thanks :)

• Like 2

4 hours ago, donny said:

a few questions.

that AFD cross USB looks great in the vid and pics but is it good quality metal or cheap flimsy plastic ? 

is there any way to buy the 4cds as a stand alone item ? will there be in the near future ? 

it was said that one of the boxes contains a "golden opportunity for someone" has anything official been said about what this opportunity is ? 

The cross is good, quality metal. It is pretty heavy. 

1 minute ago, troccoli said:

Behind one of the drawers evidently.  I still don't have mine!

It is behind the second drawer from the top :)

• Like 2

The music is great. Could have really used Bring it Back Home, Aint Going Down, Crash Diet, etc. I would have bought a 4 disc set for 50 or a full vinyl set for 150-200. The asking prices are wayyyyy too high for four CDs worth of music. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, troccoli said:

For those of you that bought the big box, don't forget to look for the hidden bonus cassette tape!

photo, please?

4 minutes ago, lpgnr said:

The blu ray is fuckin’ awesome! I’m loving the surround sound mixes. They did a great job with them!

are vocals isolated in the center speaker?

1 minute ago, uruguns said:

photo, please?

are vocals isolated in the center speaker?

No, the vocals are not isolated completely to the center speaker. They are on the front 3 speakers, with some backups (at times) in the back. Guitars are isolated, except for the solos. Sounds killer!

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, Gordon Comstock said:

Listened to the live songs at the end of disc 2 and I prefer the 'Live From The Jungle EP' versions

What's the difference between them? The mastering and/or mixing?

6 hours ago, zigzagbigbag said:

The absence of the SCOM demo is unexuseable, especially when talking about the locked n loaded box.  

I completely agree with you!  And no Don't Cry?  The Mystic Studio and Pasha demos should have been partly included.  And no complete soundboard show like Marquee 87... too sad...

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Amir said:

What's the difference between them? The mastering and/or mixing?

IMO the Live From The Jungle versions sound more raw and it benefits the songs, whereas with SOYL the remaster sounds better, the remastered live songs sound clearer but 'flatter'. The original ones sound more 'live'. I'm not sure how else to describe it. But I'm just going off the torrents, CD quality probably benefits the remaster.

The Plague is pretty cool, would've been interesting to hear it expanded to a full song. New Work Tune isn't something I'll listen to again any time soon. It's great to hear Heartbreak Hotel and Jumpin Jack Flash in better quality. November Rain piano version is really nice too, the version I'd heard before was nowhere near this quality and it kinda reminds me of the Skin N Bones version at times. I haven't listened to the old bootleg versions for quite a while and it's refreshing to hear these again in this quality. Still not something I'd pay $100+ for, but it's cool to hear.

Edited by Gordon Comstock
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, ZoSoRose said:

The music is great. Could have really used Bring it Back Home, Aint Going Down, Crash Diet, etc. I would have bought a 4 disc set for 50 or a full vinyl set for 150-200. The asking prices are wayyyyy too high for four CDs worth of music. 

Yup. They could have done a 4 cd set of just the music for around $40 (less on Amazon etc) and sold a bunch to old people like me who just want the music. As it is I'm not paying $150 for the 4 cds and a whole bunch of things I'll never use. I guess Axl told us this ain't Burger King so it is what it is.

Edited by Subtle Signs

• downzy changed the title to Appetite for Destruction Remastered General Thread
  • downzy pinned this topic

Just downloaded from Amazon and on my iPhone for $29 or so.  

We all have an issue with the $1000 monstrosity but I think the digital download is a fantastic deal!

i never found an old school bootleg of these demos and have had poor quality downloads of only a handful of songs from the Napster and Limewire days of the early and mid 2000s. 

I am excited! Not quite like the tease of hearing The General, but this certainly better than nothing 

Enjoy!