Appetite for Destruction Remastered General Thread

DeepDiscount.com has a 15% off coupon code (SPF15) good until 3PM Eastern/2PM Central/12PM Pacific today! Use the code to get the Super Deluxe Edition box for $122.13 shipped. If you can wait, I bet the Super Deluxe Edition will be $80 by X-Mas time.

• Like 1

I got it all downloaded onto my iPod and I can’t wait to listen to it on my flight this afternoon!!!! I haven’t listened to any of it yet. I have read comments on here about the various songs though. As expected, “it sucks” and “it’s awesome” both being said about every track... :lol:

Is it too early to ask if anyone's made a list of what's missing yet? As in stuff we already have on boots etc that wasn't released in this set? Is the version of SOYL without the crowd noise from the Alan Niven boot missing or am I mistaken? 

3 hours ago, KURT19 said:

53637330?wid=488&hei=488&fmt=webp

I just got back from buying this one at Target...onsale for $15.99 with an iron-on patch, two CD's and a booklet.

The woman working the checkout lane didn't know anything about it at all and I got her all fired up...and now she's buying one too.

You're welcome, @Fernando

What does the patch look like?

• Like 1

Steven Adler is GOD on these recordings. Awesome. The band is so tight and wild and loud! Awesome production. Hope we get a new album with this roster.

Steven and Duff are like Bill Russell and Hakeem Olajuwon, so strong and so funky on the frontcourt, so that back court can attack like crazy and any way they want. Slash is penetrating the ears like Lebron, unstoppable, strong but with elegance and tender, Axl is like Bird, he does everything to lift the team up and does the best trash talking/singing/screaming. Izzy keep s the team in momentum with his organization and unpredictable passes just like Magic, and Mike Clink is the Red Auerbach, does the mastermind stfuff, then lays back, smokes his cigar and watch the team flowing like a river.

Awesome band, awesome set!

• Haha 1

20180629_205955.jpg

Got this bad boy today! It's been waiting in the car for 10 hours while I was working but now I'm home and cranking Nightrain... The remaster is great, not something you'd think about if you didn't know it but it adds a lot to the experience! 

• Like 3

Now that I've listened to all the demos, I can understand why some think the Shadow of Your Love that was released as a single was re-recorded. Very modern sounding in comparison to the rest of the demos.  It definitely got the white glove treatment. 

Brings me back to listening to most of these demos, poor quality, from some overpriced bootleg CD.  Nice to hear these again, as an old man, streaming lossless to tube amplification, but proper quality.  

Me likes! 

• GNFNR 1

6 minutes ago, JuicySwoos83 said:

Now that I've listened to all the demos, I can understand why some think the Shadow of Your Love that was released as a single was re-recorded. Very modern sounding in comparison to the rest of the demos.  It definitely got the white glove treatment. 

Brings me back to listening to most of these demos, poor quality, from some overpriced bootleg CD.  Nice to hear these again, as an old man, streaming lossless to tube amplification, but proper quality.  

Me likes! 

Yeah that particular version of Shadow of Your Love, versus the rest of the demos that were probably just straight transfers of the stereo mixdowns, had a recent proper full remix which makes it sound a lot more modernized sonically.  I dig it though! As well as all the demos, they sound great :)

26 minutes ago, hitmanhart408 said:

I've been hearing reports that the Vinyl standalone edition comes with a download card and the download includes all 4 disc in High Rez. @RussTCB might like that

Saw that on the hype sticker. I'll never download them but it's a nice thing to include for a lot of people.

17 minutes ago, WhazUp said:

Yeah that particular version of Shadow of Your Love, versus the rest of the demos that were probably just straight transfers of the stereo mixdowns, had a recent proper full remix which makes it sound a lot more modernized sonically.  I dig it though! As well as all the demos, they sound great :)

I'm loving them too.  I'd probably wet myself if they were all souped up like Shadow.  

Edited by JuicySwoos83
Because I can

So, when further inspecting my Super Deluxe I see that the only concert flyer included is the WTTJ video shoot one (The announcement videos and promos showed 7 flyers, but the hype stickers only mention the WTTJ one) and the replica ticket stub from the Troubadour seems to be missprinted, it reads Jan 4th 1985 instead of Jan 4th 1986 like the real one did.

Not that this really matters but I though it would be worth mentioning.