Appetite for Destruction Remastered General Thread

10 hours ago, Muddy said:

Got a chance to listen to the remasters in my car today . I've got a kenwood deck , Polk audio 6.5 components and Polk audio 6x 9s with an Infiniti 4 channel amp . for a budget set up it sounds pretty good . Anyway i was pleasantly surprised at how well the remastered version of afd came out . I can hear each instrument much clearer and it sounds like it was given steroids . 

It's not a new album but at least it's something new

Yes it is clearer. The best part is that you can tell who is singing on it too besides Axl.

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Here is the story so far of my involvement: So obviously they were looking to put old stuff (flyers, demos, pictures, etc.) on the boxset.  Why they aren’t all on there I don’t know, but I have hea

Yes. They planted that tree there 20 years ago just for this moment, to black him out.

Posted Images

Quite enjoyed the 5.1 mix. Listening to the bonus tracks in 5.1 and they all sound great. Was so close to not getting the deluxe CD set and only the vinyl. But so glad I got them both. Like most people here, its hreat to hear fantastic quality of the demos at long last.

Edited by Mrbluesky
  • Like 1
14 hours ago, MYWIFEMYLIFE said:

The only dissapointment I got is the vinyls not being 45 rpm. hologroshit is lame and wasted a precious side. Other than this, all worth each penny.

Totally agree. As soon as I saw it was 2 LPs I was really hoping it'd be 45rpm only to have my hopes dashed lol

Is there anyway to get the tracks on the cassette? Has anyone found a way to convert them from cassette to online?  Would love have those, but can’t pay $1000 for them. 

I’d drop real money for this box set if they loaded this it with music instead of trinkets. Love these 3 songs from Marquee.

• Like 1
7 minutes ago, nycgunner said:

Is there anyway to get the tracks on the cassette? Has anyone found a way to convert them from cassette to online?  Would love have those, but can’t pay $1000 for them. 

I’d drop real money for this box set if they loaded this it with music instead of trinkets. Love these 3 songs from Marquee.

it's possible, you need a cassette player and a 3.5 audio cable to plug from the player to the computer

So I got these songs downloaded. Decided to make my own CD's. Moved a couple songs around to make it more fluid. Added OIAM back in there. Heck, could even add in the demos from "LIES" too. Cornshucker and OIAM demos are pretty sweet after all.

• Like 1

Is it only my Spotify that plays the original mix instead of the remaster even when I play it from the Super Deluxe album?

I'm asuming that it has to do with how Spotify chooses which track to play, if I choose Nightrain from the Super Deluxe it most likely sees that I want to hear "Nightrain by Guns N' Roses" and plays the original version...

I can clearly hear the difference on the CD so it probably isn't that I can't tell the versions apart ;)

So far I’m good with everything. Seems to be a price point for everyone and ultimately you can get the essentials for a good price. They could have done a few things better but you can nitpick almost any remaster. 

In the end it’s simply just a remaster. I wish there were a day in the future where we are picking up a new album! 

7 hours ago, aure69 said:

Japanese shm CD ?

Discogs link with a pic of the patch https://www.discogs.com/Guns-N-Roses-Appetite-For-Destruction/release/12190675

You can see the patch there, but that is not the Japanese release.  It's a Target exclusive.  The Japanese 2 disc can be seen here:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/GUNS-N-ROSES-Appetite-For-Destruction-JAPAN-SHM-2CD-DELUXE-EDITION-REMASTER/283032981687?epid=24019928429&hash=item41e61490b7:g:g5sAAOSw2JJbN0Gk

11 hours ago, youngswedishvinyl said:

Is it only my Spotify that plays the original mix instead of the remaster even when I play it from the Super Deluxe album?

I'm asuming that it has to do with how Spotify chooses which track to play, if I choose Nightrain from the Super Deluxe it most likely sees that I want to hear "Nightrain by Guns N' Roses" and plays the original version...

I can clearly hear the difference on the CD so it probably isn't that I can't tell the versions apart ;)

I have the same thing going on with my spotify

• Like 1