Appetite for Destruction Remastered General Thread

Is it only my Spotify that plays the original mix instead of the remaster even when I play it from the Super Deluxe album?

I'm asuming that it has to do with how Spotify chooses which track to play, if I choose Nightrain from the Super Deluxe it most likely sees that I want to hear "Nightrain by Guns N' Roses" and plays the original version...

I can clearly hear the difference on the CD so it probably isn't that I can't tell the versions apart ;)

So far I’m good with everything. Seems to be a price point for everyone and ultimately you can get the essentials for a good price. They could have done a few things better but you can nitpick almost any remaster. 

In the end it’s simply just a remaster. I wish there were a day in the future where we are picking up a new album! 

7 hours ago, aure69 said:

Japanese shm CD ?

Discogs link with a pic of the patch https://www.discogs.com/Guns-N-Roses-Appetite-For-Destruction/release/12190675

You can see the patch there, but that is not the Japanese release.  It's a Target exclusive.  The Japanese 2 disc can be seen here:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/GUNS-N-ROSES-Appetite-For-Destruction-JAPAN-SHM-2CD-DELUXE-EDITION-REMASTER/283032981687?epid=24019928429&hash=item41e61490b7:g:g5sAAOSw2JJbN0Gk

11 hours ago, youngswedishvinyl said:

Is it only my Spotify that plays the original mix instead of the remaster even when I play it from the Super Deluxe album?

I'm asuming that it has to do with how Spotify chooses which track to play, if I choose Nightrain from the Super Deluxe it most likely sees that I want to hear "Nightrain by Guns N' Roses" and plays the original version...

I can clearly hear the difference on the CD so it probably isn't that I can't tell the versions apart ;)

I have the same thing going on with my spotify

• Like 1

Kind of interesting at the Sound City version of Shadow is closer to how Axl sings it today than the cleaned up single version. I believe I read that Axl recorded line by line even in the AFD era, so that kind of makes sense to me.