Appetite for Destruction Remastered General Thread

22 hours ago, Modano09 said:

Bold prediction - a one time AFD5 reunion show, playing the album in it's entirety, on August 6th - 30 years to the day Appetite hit #1.

I like it.  Adler better shut the fuck up and keep his family quiet or something this cool might not happen.  

• Like 1
  • GNFNR 1

I’ll buy the “remastered AFD” story the moment i see pictures of this billboards outside the UK. Right now, it seems something’s gonna happen over there. A release would obviously be worldwide, yet we haven’t seen one single billboard in the US.

Maybe it’s related to them playing Donnington again, after what happened in 1988?

1 minute ago, GNRfanMILO said:

I’ll buy the “remastered AFD” story the moment i see pictures of this billboards outside the UK. Right now, it seems something’s gonna happen over there. A release would obviously be worldwide, yet we haven’t seen one single billboard in the US.

Maybe it’s related to them playing Donnington again, after what happened in 1988?

I agree it does seem strange for a release of some kind, and it's only marketed in one country.

Universal owning the gnr.fm domain though, points to a release.

Edited by Spirit

1 minute ago, Spirit said:

I agree it does seem strange for a release of some kind, and it's only marketed in one country.

Universal owning the gnr.fm domain though, points to a release.

I'm sure those are just the start of the billboards and marketing in general. 

8 minutes ago, Spirit said:

Maybe. Did the site go live today (or yesterday)?

Seems like an operation you'd want to be coordinated sufficiently.

No clue when the site went live, but this same thing happened with the NITL billboards. They appeared in some places, then gradually spread out elsewhere. 

This is a band that did an "AFD 30th show" that was just like any other NITL show... Anyone else think there's a decent chance that, should an AFD box-set come out, it will be a non-remastered AFD with 4~ demos as 'bonus tracks', and any live material will be NITL? Or is there a reason I should think they're finally gonna release something properly?

10 minutes ago, ZODIAC said:

How about a remastered Afd plus some live footage (Audio or Video) from the last tour plus one or two New Songs? 

Why would they waste 2 new songs on a AFD remaster? The remaster on it's own will sell, if they want to give people extra incentive they can add a mixed / remastered ritz 88 bonus and some demos, some video footage etc. 

GNR can make more money from releasing a handful of new songs separately so that's what they'll do IF they release music. And I also couldn't see them including any live versions from the NITL tour, it wouldn't really make sense.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Gibbo said:

To be released this fall

Have you heard of anything that maybe they would release one or two new songs? As big of a GNR fan as I am, I'm not sure I would get a remastered AFD if it's only that.  I've heard the different demos before so even IF they would include that, I may not purchase it. 

2 hours ago, default_ said:

Guns N' Roses as brand still have legal obligations with the label, they cant release ANYTHING without labels approval. Even if it is self founded.

what exactly are the bands obligations to the label ? do they owe them X number of albums? are they signed for so many years? for life? how exactly does that shit work?

i know gnr has numerous obstacles but the label seems to be a big one. would be nice if they could get that outta the way

5 hours ago, soon said:

But Axls re-recording comments form 99' scare me.  He said the drumming sounded too 80's.  I would really hope they dont change the mix and the gated reverb on the snare.  Adler made that sound really work.  Plus it was relatively subtle for the era.

I agree, that's just a personal wish I'd have as a weird audiophile. To be completely frank, I'd just prefer to have Appetite in a higher quality format and also I'd imagine there would be some never before professionally recorded live tracks or demos. 

And yes, I concede this is a sell out. But I don't care. You re-release one of my favorite albums of all time as a box set and I'll be the first in line to buy it. Yup, I'm a sucker.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, suckerpunched03 said:

“I just want to bury Appetite. I don’t want to live my life through that one album.” -Axl Rose. 1989. 

He/they tried. Appetite is possibly the best hard rock album ever made. You could give A+ effort your entire career and not match it. In fact 99.9% of the bands in history haven't matched it. Illusion albums were pretty damn good. 

• GNFNR 1