Appetite for Destruction Remastered General Thread

I don't care I loved getting the deluxe edition and seeing the photos of the band from their hey days.

AFD is still one of my go to cds to listen to. Love every song on this cd.

I think re-releasing it was cool so more younger people can hear it and become GNR fans.

My brother was a baby when AFD was released but as he got older, since my mom is a huge GNR fan, he heard it and learned to play drums to all the songs.

Nothing wrong with getting more fans.

Good music will always get more fans as time goes on and AFD is still one of the all time best rock albums ever.

Getting all the added stuff was cool for me.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, AncientEvil80 said:

Got my hands on the Super Deluxe. 
Noticed one of the ticket stubs replicas, the one that is supposed to be for the Troubadour Jan 4th 1986, it has a typo and it says Jan 4 1985!!!! WTF.

Way to go Team Brazil/Universal. 

Honestly, the box is a waste of money. 

@troccoli confirmed that the typo was done by the band back in 1986. They put the date wrong back then. He has the original ticket.

• Haha 2

On 7/16/2018 at 9:42 AM, AncientEvil80 said:

The one we see in Reckless Road seems to display 1986 though. Or maybe it's a corrected version?

Exactly.  The band realized the misprint while they were still stamping the tickets so some have the year 85 and some 86

• Like 4

On 7/21/2018 at 3:59 PM, Old_school_gnr_fan said:

Today marks the 31st anniversary of the original 'Appetite' release (7/21/1987). 

I can remember the exact day I bought it, on cassette; it was 10/10/1987. To say everything changed for me on that day would be a bit of an understatement.

a silent envy towards you. many of us only discovered GNR thanks to Terminator 2 :)

On 7/21/2018 at 9:59 AM, Old_school_gnr_fan said:

Today marks the 31st anniversary of the original 'Appetite' release (7/21/1987). 

I can remember the exact day I bought it, on cassette; it was 10/10/1987. To say everything changed for me on that day would be a bit of an understatement.

That was my 4th birthday :)

I'd need the credits for the super deluxe edition. Should be book pages 92-93 if I'm not wrong! can someone please help me and send me a scan or a good quality photo of those two pages? I'd really appreciate it. Thank you very much in advance for your time and help, I really appreciate it!

On 21/7/2018 at 6:59 AM, Old_school_gnr_fan said:

I can remember the exact day I bought it, on cassette; it was 10/10/1987. To say everything changed for me on that day would be a bit of an understatement

I first heard the album sitting in a tractor, making silage in rural Ireland, summer 88. 

It sounded dangerous then, there was menace. It stood out a lot from the shite I was hearing in the charts, Roxette or whatever.... 

I remember reading the lyrics and liner notes on the cassette inlay card and thinking 'what the fuck kinda lives do these guys live, its not sitting in a fucking tractor surrounded by fields. 

A few years later I proceeded to live out the rural Irish version of this lifestyle. It was great while it lasted! 😂 

I listened to side one far more than side 2 that summer, The solo in Paradise City just blew me away. 

I was 9 years old. 😂

Edited by Powderfinger
  • Like 1

I can't believe I didn't notice this before but for the 2 disk set, "You're Crazy" from Lies is missing. It's strange that it would be considering the back of the sleeve says "B-Sides, Ep's, and more"

I'm sure this has been noticed by now by everyone else but was there any reason given? Or is it just sloppy work on the part of the label?

1 minute ago, Chris 55 said:

I can't believe I didn't notice this before but for the 2 disk set, "You're Crazy" from Lies is missing. It's strange that it would be considering the back of the sleeve says "B-Sides, Ep's, and more"

I'm sure this has been noticed by now by everyone else but was there any reason given? Or is it just sloppy work on the part of the label?

what exacly did you expect for that lousy amount of money, a flawless job? ;)

Edited by zombux
  • Haha 2

On 31/7/2018 at 2:18 PM, Chris 55 said:

Yep. The b side from WTTJ is included instead. As far as i know, there was no reason given.  i'm glad they included that version and not the one from lies, because if i'm not wrong it was never released on cd (and i can't afford Super deluxe set)...

6 hours ago, NOVEMBER COMA said:

As we can consider this an official AFD & Lies collaborative Box Set, it still bothers me that OIAM is missing. Everything else claimed missing was never officially released. 

correct, with the dubious exceptions of:

- alternate take of Nice Boys from Sound City sessions, which was "officially released" at multiple compilation albums

- alternate take of Heartbreak Hotel from Sound City sessions, which was "officially released" at Hollywood Rocks! compilation albums

yeah, these compilations are not really GNR albums, but they aren't bootlegs either.

12 hours ago, frejat10 said:

why didn't famous demos like" "crash diet", "sentimental movie", and "just another Sunday" haven't been included on this ?

because those were separate sessions with West Arkeen, not really a "Guns N' Roses" sessions.