Appetite for Destruction Remastered General Thread

What if they released AFD with a couple of CD era songs, redone with Slash and Duff?  Like TWAT and This I Love?  I know people will piss allover the concept, but they play them live and ever the perfectionist, Axl 100% sees some room for improvement from the 2008 release.

I also think The General could finally see the light of day.   People will drop a deuce on that idea too, but Axl has been looking for a Slash replacement since Slash left (and vice versa) if it really is a big gun, I'm sure Axl would want to have Slash do it so he could "get it right." 

This is just a "what if" not a 'theory" or a " what I heard was that..."

13 hours ago, nikki9 said:

from 30:15

I was expecting an announcement or something like this, to be honest, as I watched the above interview wehen it was posted, in march! And I can't believe nobody havent mentioned it yet! The answer is all there...AFD anniversary reissue/remaster plus - maybe - one of the 1987 london marquee shows as bonus!! thats it!

fantastic find!

:headbang:

off topic, i truly appreciate these guys at gnrcentral interviewing all these GNR-related people but i cant understand how is that someone drops a bomb like that and they change the subject!

11 hours ago, Kwick1 said:

I don't want to get overly excited but why would they put a billboard up in one location if remastered AFD with live bonus from London 1987 show? Maybe they're announcing it's release with a reunion of the original 5?!!! And what if it were broadcast live or even on PPV?!!! 

No can't be, I refuse to get excited over something that will happen when pigs fly. But I hope I see that pig high in the sky. 

someone mentioned there is a billboard in chicago too, right?

so maybe they will release a box with appetite reissued plus a london 1987 show plus a chicago 1987 show?

11 hours ago, Pmina3 said:

L'immagine può contenere: sMS

i like goodies and i hope there are 18 discs worth of uncirculated music goodies on it!

11 hours ago, Rickodez said:

If only a show from that era was shot on film, maybe the Rolling Stones were kind enough to film even their opening band in those LA Coliseum 89 shows, they sure filmed their own performance.

that would be something

11 minutes ago, ludurigan said:

hope they do one of those boxes with 16 discs on it!

Yeah and like there are 5 golden keys hidden in the the 3 million factory pressed boxes and whomever finds a key gets to spend a week in the vault 

Edited by FRANSAD
  • Haha 1

26 minutes ago, DeadSlash said:

What if they released AFD with a couple of CD era songs, redone with Slash and Duff?  Like TWAT and This I Love?  I know people will piss allover the concept, but they play them live and ever the perfectionist, Axl 100% sees some room for improvement from the 2008 release.

I also think The General could finally see the light of day.   People will drop a deuce on that idea too, but Axl has been looking for a Slash replacement since Slash left (and vice versa) if it really is a big gun, I'm sure Axl would want to have Slash do it so he could "get it right." 

This is just a "what if" not a 'theory" or a " what I heard was that..."

Bullshit. If it is a re-release then only AFD era and member stuff should appear on that album. No CD crap or stuff done with non members should sully that release.

Edited by PatrickS77
  • Like 1

24 minutes ago, DeadSlash said:

Why would they re-release those two turds in a AFD box set?? :question:

Neither of those songs has anything to do with the AFD concept and era.

I don't think Slash and Duff can fix what those songs are and they shouldn't. Just make new music or grab something else from the vault, but not what's already on CD.

• Like 3

28 minutes ago, ludurigan said:

fantastic find!

:headbang:

off topic, i truly appreciate these guys at gnrcentral interviewing all these GNR-related people but i cant understand how is that someone drops a bomb like that and they change the subject!

Thanks, we talked offline to him about it. I also have a "Friend" who was asked to share some of his old photos a few weeks back with a guy who supposedly works at universal because at the time my friend said universal was working on a project regarding the old days. I brushed it off but looks like it's coming to fruition. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Raykugen said:

What if this is just a test? so they can know how many people would buy something like this so they get prepared for a new album?

Hmmm I think that would depend on a) the price of the box and b) how many people are interested in a re-release of AFD in the first place. I'm personally not that tempted by an AFD re-release and "deluxe" sounds expensive - if there's no new material, I'll pass.

Give me a new album, however, and I'm right there with my money! :lol:

9 minutes ago, killuridols said:

Why would they re-release those two turds in a AFD box set?? :question:

Neither of those songs has anything to do with the AFD concept and era.

I don't think Slash and Duff can fix what those songs are and they shouldn't. Just make new music or grab something else from the vault, but not what's already on CD.

Well, to be clear, I'm not advocating the move, but it sure seems like something they would do.  I don't think the label (or the band tbh) is concerned about the history.  The label isn't asking themselves "What would be true to the AFD era?"   They are asking themselves "What will make the most money?"  

Axl is asking himself "What can I make better?"

Slash and Duff just want to know when they are getting paid.

Remember, Axl re-recorded AFD, and a bunch of vocals for Live Era.  It's not like blending "old and new" is some off the wall concept with these guys. 

5 minutes ago, sidman69 said:

Thanks, we talked offline to him about it. I also have a "Friend" who was asked to share some of his old photos a few weeks back with a guy who supposedly works at universal because at the time my friend said universal was working on a project regarding the old days. I brushed it off but looks like it's coming to fruition. 

You know, Im not one to agree with Axl lately :lol: but if there is something he was right about is getting mad at Canter for publishing 'Reckless Road' when it was not the right moment (same case with the RNR Hall of Fame induction).

Imagine if a photographic book like that was part of the AFD deluxe stuff..... man, I'd unload all my savings on it without blinking! :facepalm:

I can't believe some of the things I have read in this thread! OMFG 

People still entertaining the thoughts that AFD5 could be doing a show even though the odds of that a billion to 1. 

People getting their hopes up that this could be new music! The odds of that are 10 billion to 1. 

When all along it's basically marketing "new merch"!!! 😂

Appetite remastered = new merch 

Appetite ft kanye, Kim, Katy perry, Tobias whoever = new merch!!! 

All of this is just another way to take your money and keep you interested until the next merch release! 

Until this band decides to reunite properly, or release NEW music, then the whole thing is just a PR money making machine and I won't be giving it anymore coin! 

Wake me if something happens! 😎

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, DeadSlash said:

Well, to be clear, I'm not advocating the move, but it sure seems like something they would do.  I don't think the label (or the band tbh) is concerned about the history.  The label isn't asking themselves "What would be true to the AFD era?"   They are asking themselves "What will make the most money?"  

Axl is asking himself "What can I make better?"

Slash and Duff just want to know when they are getting paid.

Remember, Axl re-recorded AFD, and a bunch of vocals for Live Era.  It's not like blending "old and new" is some off the wall concept with these guys.

Well, here's my answer to all of them:

+ Label: "surely those Stephanie Seymour tunes will not give you any $$$. Steph & Axl are too old now and no one cares for their tragic love story anymore" :lol:

+ Axl: "You can reunite the AFD5 and suck it up. Or you could enter studio and make new songs. Steph's been married to another guy for decades. Move on."

+ Slash & Duff: "LMAO... when did you guys ever work for free?? Damn, Slash.... you even named your little one Cash !!! :rofl-lol:"

Blending old & new on an AFD Deluxe Box is an abomination and, while you're right this is nothing new to the GN'R MO (that is to come up with abominations), I still harbor hopes there's AT LEAST ONE dude/dudette with their head on their shoulders inside that organization :facepalm:

10 minutes ago, Ratam said:

And wich is explanation London billboards,if only AFD box ❓

Albums have been promoted in fuckin' movie theaters and TV commercials, advertising on billboards in populated towns isn't out of the question :lol: