Appetite for Destruction Remastered General Thread

23 minutes ago, Tadsy said:

I can't believe some of the things I have read in this thread! OMFG 

People still entertaining the thoughts that AFD5 could be doing a show even though the odds of that a billion to 1. 

People getting their hopes up that this could be new music! The odds of that are 10 billion to 1. 

When all along it's basically marketing "new merch"!!! 😂

Appetite remastered = new merch 

Appetite ft kanye, Kim, Katy perry, Tobias whoever = new merch!!! 

All of this is just another way to take your money and keep you interested until the next merch release! 

Until this band decides to reunite properly, or release NEW music, then the whole thing is just a PR money making machine and I won't be giving it anymore coin! 

Wake me if something happens! 😎

WAKE UP, TIME TO BUY!!!

• Haha 3

13 minutes ago, Gackt said:

Albums have been promoted in fuckin' movie theaters and TV commercials, advertising on billboards in populated towns isn't out of the question :lol:

I refer that is now only UK,my question continue❓:lol:

8 minutes ago, Tadsy said:

All of this is just another way to take your money and keep you interested until the next merch release! 

Until this band decides to reunite properly, or release NEW music, then the whole thing is just a PR money making machine and I won't be giving it anymore coin! 

Wake me if something happens! 😎

Who the fuck complains about an album like appetite possibly being released with some unheard stuff and maybe an appetite tour doc, they didn’t just have cameras around on the illusions tour... 

I would have bought a reissued deluxe AFD 2 weeks after it was released, and so would a lot of other people... Instead we bought Lies.....

If Lies has been released as part of a Appetite for destruction reissue 2 weeks after the original dropped, it would have sold. That’s 30 years ago. It will sell again. Not to you it appears, but if it’s done like the Metallica reissues, it could be great.  

And if this kick starts the opening of the vaults and the slightest glimmer of hope for the Illusions out takes and your doc coming along, I’ll buy 2 of the fucking things. 

I’m sure it’ll be open wallet surgery but c’est la vie. 

The only thing I don't get is what would a Deluxe version really have??

We know there's no "vault" from that era... there's no B-sides... they all ended up on UYI. The actual released music doesn't need sound alterations or remastering...

What's the best case scenario? A new live set? The historical lack of music from this band has meant we the community know every scrap of stuff that was created during that time, as far as I know haha. There's really no AFD holy grails left is there? 

And I don't want to hear about Crash Diet..

Edited by Ant

10 hours ago, FRANSAD said:

In the last few days, I had several copyright claims on my videos and I do have them on almost all videos stating i can have them uploaded but Geffen or whatever company will monetize them which is fine by me.

But these were different because they are suddenly blocked on youtube meaning they got removed from my channel

- Ain't Goin' Down No More (Instrumental Version \ 1986 Sound City - Guns N' Roses  -  claimed by UMG for Geffen - Blocked in all countries

- Move To The City (Acoustic Version / 1986 Sound City Session) - Guns N' Roses  -  claimed by UMG for Geffen - Blocked in all countries

- Jumpin' Jack Flash (Acoustic Version / 1986 Sound City Session) - Guns N' Roses  -  claimed by UMG for Geffen - Blocked in all countries

- Move To The City (Acoustic Version / 1986 Sound City Session) - Guns N' Roses  -  claimed by UMG for Geffen - Blocked in all countries

These have been sitting there for a while and suddenly they got blocked same goes for the mystic studio tape it had to be removed too.

So maybe GnFnR is looking to release those demo sessions

:headbang:

Jesus Christ, why can’t the majority of you be happy? Smh. Nobody will ever be happy. A full reunion happens and we will hear “well, we didn’t get any new music.” We get a new album from the current band and we will hear, “well it’s not with the original members...”

uggggh just be happy we are getting SOMETHING! 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Gibbo said:

It's not going to be a show with the originals. Just a AFD Deluxe edition with some goodies is what I have heard.

But that goes against what some other guy posted when his live nation friend said his dreams will come true about a full reunion! We need one of our legit GNR-Insiders (tm) to settle this once and for all. 

3 minutes ago, Ant said:

The only thing I don't get is what would a Deluxe version really have??

We know there's no "vault" from that era... there's no B-sides... they all ended up on UYI. The actual released music doesn't need sound alterations or remastering...

What's the best case scenario? A new live set?

And I don't want to hear about Crash Diet... 

I posted about it earlier in the thread; a remastered Appetite alongside Lies & Live Like a Suicide, the 1986 Uzi demo, the Ritz radio set from 1988, and any other outtakes or alternate versions worth mentioning.  That'd make for a good box, it doesn't need throwaway garbage like a photograph book and guitar pick to fill it out :axl:

4 minutes ago, raggedyman said:

Oh well afd reissue it is. But slash said ince that there was tons if fotage from the old days filmed that was ginna be released bit never was. So maybe we'll finally see that

Slash was talking about the UYI documentary that would have contained footage from the entire tour. I dont think they had a camera crew filming them back in the AFD days.

It wouldnt make a lot of sense to release the UYI doc with the AFD remaster

• Like 1

17 hours ago, DieselDaisy said:

Guns N' Roses, the way they operates now, reminds me of a certain sporting administration body which has particular interest for me - I'll not bore you with the details. Very impersonal, corporate and ''filtered'', as if there is this big wall between the band and their public profile.  

Truer words were never spoken. Ah, my broken heart. :facepalm:

6 hours ago, AFD5 said:

An AFD 5 gig/gigs are what's wanted now, we dont need a remastered AFD. We dont need unrealesed tracks or even box sets. When the GNR machine kickstarted again, the only thing most fans wanted to see is all 5 AFD originals share a stage again. There are millions of fans out there that have never seen all 5 AFD guys onstage together. I'm fairly certain those 5 playing a tour or a few shows together would eclipse anything the NITL Tour has achevied. Come on guys if any of you read this do it for the fans its what we truly want 

i do want to listen to as much unreleased GNR tracks as possible!

i also want guns n roses together onstage the same as you -- specially if they make new music

(cant understand why you keep calling them "afd5" when they are known worldwide a GNR!)

I think they have enough stuff to release a 10 cds deluxe box set

disc 1 AFD remastered

disc 2 to disc 6 = demos, outtakes, a large amount of this songs, are versions of songs previously released on AFD album

disc 7 to disc 8 =  live DVDs, ritz 1988 gig, marque 1987 etc

disc 9 - some audio live recording

disc 10 - remixes, AFD 1999 re-recorded version

5 hours ago, Hollywood Gunner said:

has it been confirmed yet that the billboard has been spoted outside of the UK? i mean besides that one guy that said he saw it in chicago a few pages back (who may or may not have been on drugs at the time lol) cuz i doubt if its a remastered AFD that theyll only be promoting it in London

:rofl-lol:

11 minutes ago, raggedyman said:

Oh well afd reissue it is. But slash said ince that there was tons if fotage from the old days filmed that was ginna be released bit never was. So maybe we'll finally see that

I think Slash said footage of UYI tour, not AFD.

14 minutes ago, BlueJean Baby said:

Not sure if this means more Tyler Bryant shows or more with GNR 😏

Lol...maybe the destruction is coming means all the fans will self destruct trying to figure this out :rofl-lol:

This:lol:

5 hours ago, comboguns said:

maybe they will celebrate 30 years of the gig they did in the ritz 1988, they will release a AFD remaster +10 unreleased songs + 2 or 3 new songs and a DVD from the ritz 1988 gig, now complete with a lot of interviews and backstage footage.

we dont have a decent DVD from this 1987-1989 era, we have one from illusions era and the other from the new guns era.

there is actually no GNR illusions era dvd available so far other than bootleg 1991 dvds like rio, indiana and st louis

the japan dvd is actually from the circullusions era with the entire ziggy zag circus on it

5 hours ago, Axl_morris said:

Do you think a multi million dollar band gets their bassist to go around signing off paperwork in sandwich shops? 

Do you think a multi million dollar band as GNR would ever present itself as GNR with only one original member on it? 

A deluxe box set is geared towards hardcore fans. No casual fan who went to see the NITL show is forking out $100 plus for another version of AFD .This leaves dorks like us that analyze Frank Ferrer's cymbal crashes as the target audience. 

Edited by Subtle Signs
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, Draguns said:

I've heard the different demos before so even IF they would include that, I may not purchase it. 

they need to do a multiple discs box (18-discs would be fantastic) and it would be a shame if they release only the demos that have been circulating for ages, BUT i would buy it anyway because can you imagine how much better they will sound?