Appetite for Destruction Remastered General Thread

2 hours ago, Hollywood Gunner said:

i know gnr has numerous obstacles but the label seems to be a big one. would be nice if they could get that outta the way

the biggest obstacle in GNR seems to be the one guy that has been running the show ever since he managed to alienate everyone from the best band ever

if it was the label running the show, we would have like 15 Guns n Roses albums, 10 world tours by GNR, several DVDs and box sets etc etc etc etc etc

• Like 2

1 hour ago, killuridols said:

You know, Im not one to agree with Axl lately :lol: but if there is something he was right about is getting mad at Canter for publishing 'Reckless Road' when it was not the right moment (same case with the RNR Hall of Fame induction).

Imagine if a photographic book like that was part of the AFD deluxe stuff..... man, I'd unload all my savings on it without blinking! :facepalm:

i understand what you mean (it should be awesome to have a book like Reckles Road released as bonus material from appetite) but i suppose the book should actually have been released MUCH EARLIER (like in the 90s if you ask me) and the fact that it was released in a time that Axl Rose "didnt think was the right time" doesnt make it any worse (or better)

besides, if you are willing to wait for AXL ROSE to determine which is the "right time" to RELEASE something -- anything -- then...

a few questions

- Is Universal UMG known for doing great boxsets with lots of uncirculated material? Or are they known for doing shitty boxes sets with shitty/little/previously circulated bonus material?

- Who would pay top money (I would) to have the original isolated tracks of Appetite for Destruction in digital format? Is there any record company that has done something similar to it, like releasing all the original tracks of a legendary album?

what im expecting is a box set with=

a bog standard afd CD

a bonus CD with a few demo versions(the ones we have all had for the last 15 years)

a guitar pick

a bandana

a bonus DVD called "he's in my ass" with a few songs from the 2016 troubadour show.

release date will be closer to LIES 30th than AFD 30th

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Powderfinger said:

Who the fuck complains about an album like appetite possibly being released with some unheard stuff and maybe an appetite tour doc, they didn’t just have cameras around on the illusions tour... 

I would have bought a reissued deluxe AFD 2 weeks after it was released, and so would a lot of other people... Instead we bought Lies.....

If Lies has been released as part of a Appetite for destruction reissue 2 weeks after the original dropped, it would have sold. That’s 30 years ago. It will sell again. Not to you it appears, but if it’s done like the Metallica reissues, it could be great.  

And if this kick starts the opening of the vaults and the slightest glimmer of hope for the Illusions out takes and your doc coming along, I’ll buy 2 of the fucking things. 

I’m sure it’ll be open wallet surgery but c’est la vie. 

im not the only person of the opinion that if this turns out to be a remastered box set of AFD and your pics or whatever that thinks it is again just another money grab. 

Obviously some people will be excited to the rafters over this (you) and some people won't be (me) neither of us is wrong. It's just different attitudes to it that's all. 

I personally think this band has missed a hell of a lot of awesome opportunities to do things in a better manner, and I'm not even one of the hardcore dissenters mate. 

If whatever they have planned isn't a cheap belt buckle style gimmick I'll eat my words but in the end it's just money making schemes. I'd love some vault stuff too don't get me wrong, and I may change my attitude to this when it comes along but for now I am sceptical. 

• Like 3

54 minutes ago, donny said:

what im expecting is a box set with=

a bog standard afd CD

a bonus CD with a few demo versions(the ones we have all had for the last 15 years)

a guitar pick

a bandana

a bonus DVD called "he's in my ass" with a few songs from the 2016 troubadour show.

What I'll get is this:

Nothing

Fixed

Edited by Free Bird
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Bailey96 said:

You know when a good time it was to release a box set or a re release of appetite? The actual 30th anniversary of Appetites release. This band really loves the motto: better late than never. 

Who gives a fuck when it comes out? What does it matter? "Oh, it's a year late, fuck those guys!", it makes no difference to anything whatsoever. Dry your eyes mate.

• Like 2

I would love it if we get anything new from this. If it is just a remastered AFD I dont care that much. I mean, we love the songs and everything but heard them like a million times. 

I don't see an AFD 5 reunion happening. And the label wouldn't be involved on it anyways, so it must be some kind of release

Edited by Manfisman

2 hours ago, FuriousStyles said:

My stages of grief

Stage 1 - gunsguy original post

giphy.gif

Stage 2 - Finding out its only Appetite remastered

tenor.gif

Stage 3 - Thinking one day I'll see the AFD5 reunite....

RFiJNyN.gif

Why would you think it was an A5 show? Do you think Steven is the best actor, like, ever?

Edited by Tonto

4 minutes ago, Tonto said:

Why would you think it was an A5 show? Do you think Steven is the best actor, like, ever?

I'll take the bait.....

Steven IS GN'R!

Izzy > 4tus

Frank sucks

Slaxluff are in it for the money

Chinese Democracy wasn't a Guns album

Now if you'll excuse me...

Spoiler

giphy.gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, ludurigan said:

of course there is and that includes A LOT OF MUSIC including the early versions of illusion tracks from the appetite days

That hasn't worked its way into the community's hands already... not sure about that... 

If there's any remaining illusions track demos they probably won't have Axl vocals and I doubt they'd put them in an AFD thing... We've got the Full Mates Rehersal, AFD era November Rain demo, those demos that just came out a few months ago (http://www.troccolitm.com/TapeDemoIzzy.html), the "Unwanted Illusions" compiling of all the early throwaways and Ain't Goin' Down... that Too Much Too Soon song... I just don't think there's much compelling stuff that we haven't already heard. Would love to be wrong, though.

Does anyone know if You Could Be Mine was actually recorded during those sessions when they originally wrote it? That'd be cool. 

Edited by Ant

5 minutes ago, FuriousStyles said:

I'll take the bait.....

Steven IS GN'R!

Izzy > 4tus

Frank sucks

Slaxluff are in it for the money

Chinese Democracy wasn't a Guns album

Now if you'll excuse me...

Reveal hidden contents

giphy.gif

Money, what an awful thing, how do you manage to live without it?

1 hour ago, ludurigan said:

i understand what you mean (it should be awesome to have a book like Reckles Road released as bonus material from appetite) but i suppose the book should actually have been released MUCH EARLIER (like in the 90s if you ask me) and the fact that it was released in a time that Axl Rose "didnt think was the right time" doesnt make it any worse (or better)

besides, if you are willing to wait for AXL ROSE to determine which is the "right time" to RELEASE something -- anything -- then...

I was just replying to the guy who says that they are working on a photography project to accompany the box set and I can't think of better photos of that era than Canter's, that's why I think it's a pity the book wouldnt have been released now with all the hype and support from the band, instead of 2008, when a whole different lineup was contradicting history.

And yeah, I think in this case Axl was right. Not that Im 100% sure he would have approved the project today but there woulda been high chances of picking Canter's photos over anyone else.

Whatever it is, it’s obviously further confirming that this band are all about playing on the nostalgia factor and lining their pockets for retirement. Who could blame them really? More money to be made that way that actually putting in some real effort and making a new fucking album