Appetite for Destruction Remastered General Thread

I hope it's re-recorded. I mean they have to know the demos have been out there for almost as long as AFD itself has been out. I get the desire to monetize the demos but...If you're gonna make money off ancient demos you might as well re-record them. Then you can say there's "new music" while monetizing old stuff and also without having to go through the trouble of writing new stuff - killing three birds with one stone, as such.

Just now, Derick said:

But on that site they are talking about “check in to hear the next transmission” and “ help to share broadcast “ it’s suppose to be for free, right?

What's supposed to be free? The site is, yes. It's just viral marketing is all. Having current fans spread the news of these billboards, the .fm site and so on. That way as many people as possible are aware of what's going on when the timer reaches zero and they announce what this is all about. 

Yhe shadow of your love on the webpage is definitely slighlty slower then all the versions ive heard. Also has a new lick not in other versions which def slash but the drums are adler for sure (has his style of double kick coming in right afyer the snare build up)and the rhythm guitar certainly sounds like izzy's classic less is more approach and axls vocals sound more like current day. Maybe they have re-recorded it with the classic line up or maybe axl slash and duff re-recorded using old steven and izzy tracks

1 minute ago, Gunner55 said:

Wasn't Van Halen's last album re-recorded demos that didn't make initial cuts? That went over really well with the general public. 

Yeah it was revised versions of previously unreleased songs from the early 80s. I would imagine GN'R will eventually do something similar, especially since they can cherry pick from the canceled 1996 album, the canceled velvet revolver album, and chinese democracy 2.

1 minute ago, Gunner55 said:

Wasn't Van Halen's last album re-recorded demos that didn't make initial cuts? That went over really well with the general public. 

It was about half new stuff and half reworked old stuff. All the old stuff had new lyrics though.

Aint Going Down -Shadow of your Love - Reckless Life - Move to the city -Heartbreak Hotel- Whole Lotta Rosie- Jumping Jack Flash - Blues Jam - It would be killer to these remasterd and to some degree rerecorded 

• Like 1

Remaster release of Appetite + booklet of photos/memorabilia as a collage (collection of photos) + CD with remastered demos and live recordings + possibly a bonus DVD with live footage and the Troubadour reunion show (this last part is just an especulation) p 150 usd.

That's the info I've found.

Edited by feli1269
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, feli1269 said:

Remaster release of Appetite + booklet of photos/memorabilia as a collage (collection of photos) + CF with remastered demos and live recordings + possibly a bonus DVD with live footage and (maybe) the Troubadour reunion show. 150 usd.

That's the info I've found.

Source?

• Haha 1

I can't see them selling this for $150 if they have gone to the effort for world wide promo, it will have to be something cheaper, appealing to the masses... especially when it will most likely drop on Spotify

Edited by Axl_morris
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, Axl_morris said:

I can't see them selling this for $150 if they have gone to the effort for world wide promo, it will have to be something cheaper, appealing to the masses... especially when it will most likely drop on Spotify

Most boxsets have various options.  When Metalica re-released Master of Puppets last year, you had either the 1 CD option, a 3 CD digipak, or the big boxset containing a lot more.

• Like 1