Appetite for Destruction Remastered General Thread

1 minute ago, Corben01 said:

Execpt  true fans, who will buy this kind of stuff ? Nobody imo. 

See post above yours. They'll most likely have tiered options like other bands do. 2 CD set for the casuals up to a big huge boxed set for the die hards.

11 hours ago, killuridols said:

There's a slight difference, though..... The subject matter of Axl's music is not Marc Canter life and career.

All Canter's photos in that book are about Axl and GN'R.

Not that he actually has a saying on what or when other people can do with their own material, but 'Reckless Road' with the approval of the whole band and released in 2018 would have, in my opinion, been a blast.

yeah i see your point

i still would rather that marc had released it in 1990!

the sooner the better if you ask me!

and he could re-release it now in monster coffe-table format to go along with the deluxe edition of appetite

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

See post above yours. They'll most likely have tiered options like other bands do. 2 CD set for the casuals up to a big huge boxed set for the die hards.

Only the die hards buy physical material in 2018. Who already buy cds with all the streaming  and other illegal solution ? Merchandising works but cds....

• Like 1

When the band were first thinking of working with Mike Clink, they went in and recorded Shadow of Your Love with him as a test track. This recording never made it out - so I’m assuming this is what we are hearing now. (The more common Wake Up Time To Play demo is from the Sound City demos).

I think Slash talks about its existance in his book and Marc Canter also confirmed it in Canter Banter.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, RussTCB said:

I haven't been able to keep up on the thread a lot today. Please tell me there aren't people who don't know that.

There where people earlier that thought Izzy's face was blacked out intentionally and not behind a tree so...

There's a few noticeable differences with the new Shadow Of Your Love. Its slowed down a touch, Izzy's rhythm track sounds the same but Slash's is very different and he adds in a little solo fill before Axl starts singing that wasn't there before. Axls voice sounds a little different as well.

Edited by Silverburst80
  • Haha 1

15 minutes ago, feli1269 said:

Remaster release of Appetite + booklet of photos/memorabilia as a collage (collection of photos) + CD with remastered demos and live recordings + possibly a bonus DVD with live footage and the Troubadour reunion show (this last part is just an especulation) p 150 usd.

That's the info I've found.

Do you have a source cuz everybody can make stuff like this up

I love it how we all go full into this as fans! Aren't we all lovely desperate (rightfully so) people :P fucking 3 days to wait and see if this is going to shake us up, or make them lose more of us lol, I do give them credit for the way they build up excitement and all like this!! Let us all be happy this friday..

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, feli1269 said:

Remaster release of Appetite + booklet of photos/memorabilia as a collage (collection of photos) + CD with remastered demos and live recordings + possibly a bonus DVD with live footage and the Troubadour reunion show (this last part is just an especulation) p 150 usd.

That's the info I've found.

8 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

Source?

I saw this too. The person I saw saying it was Margott Hinostroza, not sure where she heard it. She is one of the Admins at the GNR fanspot on Facebook. So no real official word.

Like you guys said, most boxsets do have multiple options. You can guarantee one thing, they will have a crazy expensive one.

13 hours ago, Blackstar said:

I think most of it was in bootlegs.

yeah

i suppose it will be fantastic to listen to better quality versions of the songs that are in circulation

but i would much rather listen to uncirculated material!

how fantastic would it be if they released 5 discs worth of material that is already in circulation and 10 discs of uncirculated material?!

Just now, ludurigan said:

yeah

i suppose it will be fantastic to listen to better quality versions of the songs that are in circulation

but i would much rather listen to uncirculated material!

how fantastic would it be if they released 5 discs worth of material that is already in circulation and 10 discs of uncirculated material?!

Discs? are you mental? this will be 5 demos MAX

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Corben01 said:

Only the die hards buy physical material in 2018. Who already buy cds with all the streaming  and other illegal solution ? Merchandising works but cds....

Hold up, let me just move this goal post here
Moving-the-goalposts-300x2402.jpg

:lol: These boxsets do really well for the hardcore fans to eat up, obviously the album will show up on streaming platforms also but without all of the content you could get from buying the box.

4 minutes ago, AxlIsGod. said:

Discs? are you mental? this will be 5 demos MAX

other bands have done it

one can hope

:headbang:

just copied this from an early post that mentioned a Metallica box set

The limited edition deluxe box set includes unreleased demos, rough mixes, interviews and live tracks, many of which have never even been available in the collector or bootleg community and were pulled from our personal collections. There’s also a 108-page hardcover book with rare and never before seen photos and essays from those who were there with us for the wild ride. All in all, there are three LPs, ten CDs, a cassette, two DVDs, a lithograph with

Edited by ludurigan

5 minutes ago, Corben01 said:

Purchase of CDs has declined in a big way, yes, but some people do still buy them.

• Like 2

Just now, ludurigan said:

other bands have done it

one can hope

:headbang:

This isnt a normal band. Even so, this is an AFD box set and a highly doubt guns have anywhere near multiple discs of full, unreleased songs from that era. I think they'd struggle to cobble one together.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Chunder Monkey said:

For comparison....this is what whitesnake did with their release of their self-titled "1987" album for the 30th Anniversary last year....

WHITESNAKE “1987”: SUPER DELUXE EDITION (Oct 27)

4CD/DVD Track Listing

Disc One: Original Album 2017 Remaster

“Still Of The Night”

“Give Me All Your Love”

“Bad Boys”

“Is This Love”

“Here I Go Again 87”

“Straight For The Heart”

“Looking For Love”

“Children Of The Night”

“You’re Gonna Break My Heart Again”

“Crying In The Rain”

“Don’t Turn Away”

Disc Two: Snakeskin Boots [Live On Tour 1987-88] 

“Bad Boys/Children Of The Night” *

“Slide It In” *

“Slow An’ Easy” *

“Here I Go Again” *

“Guilty Of Love” *

“Is This Love” *

“Love Ain’t No Stranger” *

Guitar Solo – Adrian and Vivian *

“Crying In The Rain” *

“Still Of The Night” *  (available to steam on iTunes with pre-order)

“Ain’t No Love In The Heart Of The City” *

“Give Me All Your Love” *

Disc Three: 87 Evolutions [Demos and Rehearsals] 

“Still Of The Night” *

“Give Me All Your Love” *

“Bad Boys” *

“Is This Love” *   (available to steam on iTunes with pre-order)

“Straight For the Heart” *

“Looking For Love” *

“Children Of The Night” *

“You’re Gonna Break My Heart Again” *

“Crying In The Rain” *

“Don’t Turn Away” *

“Crying In The Rain” (Lil’ Mountain Alternate Take Ruff Mix) *

Disc Four: 87 Versions [2017 Remixes]

“Still Of The Night” – Remix *

“Is This Love” – Remix *

“Give Me All Your Love” – Remix *

“Here I Go Again 87” – Remix *

“Standing In The Shadows” – 1987 Versions, Japanese Mini-Album

“Looking For Love” – 1987 Versions, Japanese Mini-Album

“You’re Gonna Break My Heart Again” – 1987 Versions, Japanese Mini-Album

“Need Your Love So Bad” – 1987 Versions, Japanese Mini-Album

“Here I Go Again” – Radio Mix

“Give Me All Your Love” – Single Version

DVD

“Still Of The Night” – Music Video, Restored and Remixed in 5.1

“Here I Go Again 87” – Music Video, Restored and Remixed in 5.1

“Is This Love” – Music Video, Restored and Remixed in 5.1

“Give Me All Your Love” – Music Video, Restored and Remixed in 5.1

Documentary about the making of 1987 Album *

“Here I Go Again” – Purplesnake Video Jam *

“Crying In The Rain” – 1987 Tour Video Bootleg *

Band Intros – 1987 Tour Video Bootleg *

“Still Of The Night” – 1987 Tour Video Bootleg *

Appetite deserves better than that!

42 minutes ago, rocknroll41 said:

Yeah it was revised versions of previously unreleased songs from the early 80s. I would imagine GN'R will eventually do something similar, especially since they can cherry pick from the canceled 1996 album, the canceled velvet revolver album, and chinese democracy 2.

They were actually from the mid-70s. And it was almost half the album but all of it was newly recorded with different solos and lyrics.