Appetite for Destruction Remastered General Thread

11 hours ago, youngswedishvinyl said:

If AFD is re-released with some extra songs we haven't heard or quality upgrades from song we've already heard then I'll be more than happy! 

Imagine a box set like Metallica's Master Of Puppets set that was released last year! :heart:

exactly, appetite deserves no less than a boxset like that -- and some more if you ask me!

11 hours ago, soon said:

Oh, and the full RQ sex audio with commentary of course, lol.

id love to have all isolated tracks from all the songs, voice, guitars, bass, drums etc!

• Like 2

11 hours ago, RussTCB said:

Is there some unwritten law that a certain number of people have to exclaim "if this doesn't end the way I want it to, I'm out!" per thread? Lol

i think no one would be saying that if GNR functioned as a normal band that releases music etc

11 hours ago, Towelie said:

The biggest ones to blame for Axl and GNR being so unproductive is actually GNR fans themselves. I haven't been to a single reunion show, haven't seen them since 2012 and have no intention of ever seeing them again until they put out a new album (lol). I'm just not that interesting in watching the same show with the same songs played over and over again. I don't understand why anyone is tbh.

If GNR fans weren't such mugs, willing to pay top dollar to see the same setlist year in, year out, then the band would be forced to do another record just to stay relevant.

i stopped in 2001

i see your point

thing is that A LOT of the people who go to the shows are casual fans

21 minutes ago, AxlIsGod. said:

This isnt a normal band. Even so, this is an AFD box set and a highly doubt guns have anywhere near multiple discs of full, unreleased songs from that era. I think they'd struggle to cobble one together.

Jumpin Jack Flash (Electric), Jumpin Jack Flash (Acoustic), Heartbreak Hotel, Shadow of Your Love, Whole Lotta Rosie (Live), Too Much Too Soon, Just Another Sunday, Crash Diet, Sentimental Movie, Anything Goes (First Lyrics), Anything Goes (Second Lyrics), Move to the City (Acoustic), You're Crazy (Non-Lies Acoustic), and then throw in some demos of the AFD and UYI songs from that time for good measure.

There! Problem solved.

Speaking of the electric version of Jumpin Jack Flash; I was listening to it again for the first time in ages just now and finally realized that in the third verse, Axl mentions the other AFD members all by name... That's kinda cute lol.

Edited by rocknroll41

Just now, Cruel Intentions said:

So, the general consensus is that this is just going to be a box set or something, right?

I mean...is there a need to be so cryptic and do a countdown if that's all this is?

My guess is the countdown will reveal the release date/contents of the AFD reissue along with some kind of online radio station on the GNR.FM site in the meantime looping some of the cuts off the album..

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Cruel Intentions said:

So, the general consensus is that this is just going to be a box set or something, right?

I mean...is there a need to be so cryptic and do a countdown if that's all this is?

Yes

And of course there isn't, but GNR loves dissapointing its fans

• Haha 2

11 minutes ago, sparka said:

My guess is the countdown will reveal the release date/contents of the AFD reissue along with some kind of online radio station on the GNR.FM site in the meantime looping some of the cuts off the album..

Agree, can only hope for the AFD reissue. However I can only see an online digital station for the time being, within that there may be songs such as Shadow of Your Love that are now 'officially' legal to listen to as there are not many It's so Easy singles left out there. 

• Like 1

Just listened to shadow also and it is clearly a mastered version ( u can tell by the sound of slash and izzy’s Guitars, exactly like the pickups on appetite, I really think it was done in 86-87 and they kept it off record , awesome if it’s legit !

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

The mysterious ''Shadow of Your Love'' is probably the third one that hasn't leaked yet (until now), produced by Mike Clink as sort of his rehearsal for Appetite in July '86 at Can-Am Studios. 

Didn't know that was a thing.

would be quite disappointing if that turns out to be the only bonus track on this set.