Appetite for Destruction Remastered General Thread

6 minutes ago, Route66 said:

LOL. In all honesty it sounds a lot like Izzy to me but i guess we'll find out soon. 

Maybe Adler shared his AFD pic cause they were part of the recordings, I don't think he uses that pic if he's not going to be in the process, is that or they improve their sound... or Fortus did a really good job doing Izzy's style...

19 minutes ago, rocknroll41 said:

Do you know of any other uncirculated recordings from the AFD era that could potentially be on this new set?

I used to have a lot of this stuff but haven't delved into it for ages so do not know what is circulated, but there was a song called ''The Plague'' (see below).

They did four sessions before Appetite, 

- c. August-Sept '85, Mystic Studios. This was financed by their manager Raz Crue. The Don't Cry demo that was released officially on the Don't Cry single is from these sessions. Jungle, Anything Goes, Don't Cry, Back off Bitch, Heartbreak Hotel.

- 2-4th June '86, Sound Studios. Produced by Manny Charlton. There is a lot of stuff leaked from this; they did a lot of multiple takes of the songs above plus the new Appetite ones they were writing; more takes of some of the songs which were held back for Illusion also. A version of Heartbreak Hotel was even released on Hollywood Rocks compilation album. They did Cornchucker and a song called The Plague

- c. July-August 1986 Pasha. Spencer Proffer producing, Hanspeter Heuber mixing demos. Similar bunch of songs as above. The band had the use of the studio time afterwards where they recorded Live Like A Suicide, producing it themselves with Niven producing. 

- Cam-Am, July '86, ''Shadow of Your Love'' produced by Mike Clink. This was a sort of dress rehearsal for Appetite. It is all a bit mysterious but it hasn't circulated. 

They also wrote/rehearsed ''You Could Be Mine'' at SIR when rehearsing for Appetite's sessions, so there has been some speculation on whether a tape survives of that.

Edited by DieselDaisy

Why are people questioning what this is?  it is an announcement for an upcoming AFD box set with unknown extras.  Mitch Lafon confirmed this.  I don't care if you like the guy or not or whatever, but he wasn't "speculating", he was reporting something he knows is fact.   Give up on all the other stupid fantasies.  

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Gordon Comstock said:

The closest one to me is about 725 km away... so unless they're adding one near me soon, I don't think that's true.

When I was at home 20km away from the city I had no map indicator but at work 600mtrs from a poster I did.

25 minutes ago, Route66 said:

Could be correct on this one but maybe it's also downloadable content that fans can pay GNR directly for? avoiding all the other areas that take their percentage? Seems to me like something GNR with Duff's financial brain added might decide to do. 

Yea, that's kinda what I meant: host the vault on GNR.fm, and when you pay $5 for a live show you can download it in FLAC, MP3 or whatever formats.

They honestly could make more money from that than they would from an AFD re-issue, if they did it right.

• Like 1

This user, in conversation with Marc Canter, was putting together a recording session list. I do not know if he posts much but I talked with him a few times whilst he was doing it. Have a look at the thread,

http://www.mygnrforum.com/topic/198946-demo-list-with-details/

Of uncirculated stuff he has,

Mystic: Heartbreak Hotel 

Sound City: Untitled song in progress, You’re Crazy acoustic, The Plague, Cornshucker Stomp. I think there is another Move to the City also.

Possibly the tape ran out on some of these uncirculated recordings? Possibly not?

Then there is the Mike Clink ''Shadow'' which definitely exists. Marc Canter has this to say,

The Mike Clink one is still on my Bucket list. I know Mike still has it and one days I will get to hear it. I see Mike at least 2 times a year.

Have a look at the thread. Very interesting; very nerdy haha (you'll see me mix up the ''Shadow of your Love'' demos!).

Edited by DieselDaisy

50 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

Maybe he's just happy they're acknowledging him, and also because it gives him the opportunity to promote his tour.

Steven gets easily happy with little things.

Steven gets easyly happy, same GNR fans...

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1