Appetite for Destruction Remastered General Thread

3 minutes ago, jafeijo said:

My guess is that there's dots only when the posters are located in, since one user spoted a poster in São Paulo, and the only dot in Brazil is where São Paulo is. :shrugs:

Correct. In my previous post I pointed out that I went to the location nearest me in LA. It's the location of the posters. :/

• Like 1

Just now, Gordon Comstock said:

The current assumption is that it's an old, unreleased version produced by Mike Clink, before AFD.

Thanks.

Ok, well this is officially interesting to me again.

That sounds like modern Axl IMO, either way, I always liked Shadow, so it's cool as shit!

7 minutes ago, DeadSlash said:

Thanks.

Ok, well this is officially interesting to me again.

That sounds like modern Axl IMO, either way, I always liked Shadow, so it's cool as shit!

Modern Axl? That sounds exactly like Axl on the Hollywood Rose demo tapes (assuming you are talking about the GNR.fm audio).

1 hour ago, DieselDaisy said:

This user, in conversation with Marc Canter, was putting together a recording session list. I do not know if he posts much but I talked with him a few times whilst he was doing it. Have a look at the thread,

http://www.mygnrforum.com/topic/198946-demo-list-with-details/

Of uncirculated stuff he has,

Mystic: Heartbreak Hotel 

Sound City: Untitled song in progress, You’re Crazy acoustic, The Plague, Cornshucker Stomp. I think there is another Move to the City also.

Possibly the tape ran out on some of these uncirculated recordings? Possibly not?

Then there is the Mike Clink ''Shadow'' which definitely exists. Marc Canter has this to say,

Have a look at the thread. Very interesting; very nerdy haha (you'll see me mix up the ''Shadow of your Love'' demos!).

Aside from the Shadow mentioned above, and the Sound City demos that haven't got out there, there are only 2 other Appetite related recordings I know of that are hard/impossible to find.

There is the 'clean' version of It's So Easy which has some different vocals. This can be got on the UK DJ single and is online so if you search you will find it, but its not all over the place.

A guy named Jeff Fenster from memory also recorded harmonica to go over the top of Nightrain - I'm not sure however if a version of the song was mixed with that over the top, but its certainly never got out there anywhere to my knowledge.

Aside from this Marc Canter has a bucket load of live video and audio of course and some of that would be pretty cool (eg video of the Appetite line up playing Perfect Crime).

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Euchre said:

Aside from this Marc Canter has a bucket load of live video and audio of course and some of that would be pretty cool (eg video of the Appetite line up playing Perfect Crime).

If this video surfaced I'd probably shit myself

• Like 1

If there is really a live show included with a box set, I hope it's not the '88 Ritz show. Anyone who's ever looked for GNR on youtube has seen that. It's overrated and we don't need another version, especially if it's just audio. I'm hoping for Tokyo '88, or maybe a cleaned up Music Machine '86 or Marquee '87 (the June 22 show specifically), or some other gem.

Edited by Gordon Comstock
  • Like 1

Just now, Gordon Comstock said:

If there is really a live show included with a box set, I hope it's not the '88 Ritz show. Anyone who's ever looked for GNR on youtube has seen that. It's overrated and we don't need another version, especially if it's just audio. I'm hoping for Tokyo '88, or maybe a cleaned up Music Machine '86 or Marquee '87 (the June 22 show specifically).

I think it is kind of a stretch to call the Ritz show over rated... I would love to have a remastered uncut Blu Ray of that show with all the bonus features they can scrape up. Would love that other stuff you mentioned too or ANYTHING else from the 87-91 era but I sure wouldn't turn my nose to a top notch Ritz show.. 

Just now, tony adler said:

You are also correct Tom, that show is my go to gnr show, they looked and sounded as tough as nails, blowin’ the roof off and amazing their New York fans!

It is probably my all time favorite show from any band ever... Just wish it was longer...

• GNFNR 1

4 minutes ago, Tom-Ass said:

I think it is kind of a stretch to call the Ritz show over rated... I would love to have a remastered uncut Blu Ray of that show with all the bonus features they can scrape up. Would love that other stuff you mentioned too or ANYTHING else from the 87-91 era but I sure wouldn't turn my nose to a top notch Ritz show.. 

I'm not saying it's a bad show, but it's by far the most common GNR live bootleg. Which is fair, because it's really the only high-quality bootleg from the prime era of the band... but I can think of several shows off the top of my head that are better than the ritz performance and energy-wise, and if they're gonna go through the process of remastering an old show how about one that everyone hasn't already heard, right?

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Gordon Comstock said:

I'm not saying it's a bad show, but it's by far the most common GNR live bootleg. Which is fair, because it's really the only high-quality bootleg from the prime era of the band... but I can think of several shows off the top of my head that are better than the ritz performance and energy-wise, and if they're gonna go through the process of remastering an old show how about one that everyone hasn't already heard, right?

Was just writing a "ritz rocks..its awesome...what are you thinking...I just wish they would remaster one that everyone hasn't....already.... yeah, you nailed it Gordon...exactly what you said :)

• Like 1