Appetite for Destruction Remastered General Thread

8 minutes ago, Gordon Comstock said:

I'm not saying it's a bad show, but it's by far the most common GNR live bootleg. Which is fair, because it's really the only high-quality bootleg from the prime era of the band... but I can think of several shows off the top of my head that are better than the ritz performance and energy-wise, and if they're gonna go through the process of remastering an old show how about one that everyone hasn't already heard, right?

If we are talking Audio I would agree.. But video I'd take the Ritz ;)

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Iron MikeyJ said:

I just listened to the "original" version and the new one back to back, and it HAS to be rerecorded.  The tempo IS slower, new guitar parts, and Axl does sound a little different. If he did these vocals recently, give him credit because he sounds great.

there isnt enough axl on the clip (5 seconds?) that allow me to be sure of anything but it certainly does NOT sound like axl today

5 minutes ago, GoForJMark said:

That 30 sec shadow of your love sounds like 2016-17 Axl... is it just me? 

YES!  I said that a few pages ago and nobody agreed.  That is absolutely modern Axl.

I think the guitar is also present day.

Edited by DeadSlash
  • Like 3

4 minutes ago, Tom-Ass said:

If we are talking Audio I would agree.. But video I'd take the Ritz ;)

I have no idea what they filmed on the AFD tour but if there's a blu-ray, the Ritz would probably end up looking the best (based on the Melbourne and Philly pro-shots from that era, and Ritz '87)

Edited by Gordon Comstock

3 hours ago, Cruel Intentions said:

So, the general consensus is that this is just going to be a box set or something, right?

I mean...is there a need to be so cryptic and do a countdown if that's all this is?

This is the same band that hyped up a big announcement that turned out to be just more tour dates so anything is possible. 

8 hours ago, soon said:

:lol: Are we talking tone or style?  To me his palm muted part is almost Hetfieldian and the lead lick is a very classic tone.  The lead lick is stylistically reminiscent of his current playing - again to my ears.

Id also note that Slash NITL tone is far less saturated then UYI tour but isnt quite as old school as AFD.

Id have no trouble believing Slash recently recorded that lick, but to my ears its a very classic tone.  Moreso then NITL.

Who knows!?  :lol:

Definitely Izzy on other guitar so that would be very interesting if this is a new recording.

i am not sure about anything but i certainly hope that 1) they didnt re-record anything and 2) if they were stupid enough to do it like they did before i truly expect them to state clearly on the liner notes that "this is a new recording done in 201X" instead of liveera-ing us again

2 minutes ago, Gordon Comstock said:

I have no idea what they filmed on the AFD tour but if there's a blu-ray, the Ritz would probably end up looking the best (based on the Melbourne and Philly pro-shots from that era, and Ritz '87)

Oooohhhhhhh. That Melbourne show would be infuckingcerdible too!

1 minute ago, DeadSlash said:

Exactly, and that jumped out at me too.  I'm really surprised more people are not talking about it.

It's being overshadowed by what could be the content of the set and if they would have Iz and Steven for some shows. :lol:

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Gackt said:

How about the 1987 Perkins Palace show for a live album inclusion?

Also that is definitely not modern Axl, he wishes he could still sound like that :lol:

Is that the one from Pasadena? That was always my favorite growing up even though the quality was shit.. The Axl song intros were his best ever.. I actually just bought that CD last week just because I saw it...  So many great options for Audio shows.

8 hours ago, Blackstar said:

It's possible that there was another recorded version from the 80s/90s in the vault, different from the demo one, that wasn't included in any release and hasn't leaked in the bootleg circuit.

thats my guess too!

everyone in the loop certainly remembers the uncirculated demo of "think about you" that surfaced a few weeks (months?) ago with different arrangements, vocals etc

8 hours ago, GNRfanMILO said:

I can’t believe how some people say that its current Axl singing. HOW

same here

3 minutes ago, Tom-Ass said:

I need to go to bed but after listening to that clip 1000 times I just don't hear why people think it sounds like modern day Axl.... 

exactly, this sounds like good old axl to me

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Gackt said:

How about the 1987 Perkins Palace show for a live album inclusion?

Also that is definitely not modern Axl, he wishes he could still sound like that :lol:

Steven did not play at that show, so not a good choice.

If they release video, my bet is Marquee '87, apparently Slash said somewhere that he has that show in video.

you guys are aiming too high... is Guns N' Roses dudes... My bet is or a radio playing the songs we already have on shuffle or a deluxe version with AFD remastered with Shadow of your Love and maybe the other tracks that are already on the record in some kind of demo... I never expect too much of them because you know... Axl....