Appetite for Destruction Remastered General Thread

1 minute ago, Tucknroll said:

If guns are behind this and don't do an afd 5 show than they are treating us like crap.  It's gotta be. Too much of a let down if not

This is definitely official, but likely doesn't signify an AFD 5 reformation (all things considered. )

As usual, people will build themselves up for a disappointment. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, bigpoop said:

Remaster for the all important 31st anniversary. Naturally.  :lol:

Why they think that's billboard worthy who knows but I think the hashtag seals it. It's just something to do with the record.

It didn't hit #1 until a year after it's release so there's still a 30 year anniversary there.

A one off show would be cool. Have it professionally recorded and released, a small venue, pay Izzy and Steven a hefty amount and get it over with. 

For some reason I remember Slash or Duff saying they were in London or somewhere in Europe when AFD hit #1...am I remembering that correctly? 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, comboguns said:

maybe Gnr will announce a new brand of bottled water like ashba water.

I think they will call it DESTRUCTION WATER or a new brand of towels. 

Bob Dylan announced his whiskey brand "Heaven's Door" few days ago.

Personally, this doesn’t excite me in the least. I’ve been listening to AFD for 31 years now. Unless they put some totally unheard versions of songs or something on there, it doesn’t interest me. I don’t think there’s any way it’s a show with the original 5, and I don’t think there’s a future in that anyway, so it will just piss off everybody when Frank and Richard come back. I want new songs by this lineup.

But, at least there’s something being planned, which is better than nothing I guess.

• Like 2

I still think anything is possible on the basis that Guns N Roses won’t be active for the forseable future after this summer. I think it’s pretty clear this is it for a long time. Slash has committed to another album and tour with his band, it would be shocking if Axl and Angus aren’t preparing the next ACDC album and tour..

with that said, who’s to say Axl won’t say screw it I’ll do AFD again for a one off. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, DeadSlash said:

Jokes aside, how is there not a proper picture of this billboard yet?  All signs indicate it's real, so why the lone, blurry "found footage style" pic?

I agree! If my children weren’t in bed I’d head down there and get another pic right now. Just trying to find out exactly where this billboard is..

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, DeadSlash said:

Jokes aside, how is there not a proper picture of this billboard yet?  All signs indicate it's real, so why the lone, blurry "found footage style" pic?

There was word earlier in the thread that it was seen in Chicago today as well. I assume many more will be popping up in the coming days. 

Probably some sort of official announcement of the reissue / boxed set / whatever retread is coming over the coming weeks. 

This also makes me wonder if they'll start doing AFD in its entirety on the next leg.