Appetite for Destruction Remastered General Thread

1 minute ago, guitarpatch said:

Compared to their touring revenue, they will make peanuts with this. UMG will certainly make bank though. What it could do is help promote another tour, help their brand to sell merch/more premium tixs, and put them in better position for a renegotiation on their record deal for a future release 

Absolutely...but that is all self serving.  Anyone who is naive enough to think they are doing things for the fans are....naive :) 

2 minutes ago, tsinindy said:

It’s intent is to make money.   If you as a fan happen to enjoy is secondary.  

I'm not disputing that. I guess that goes for everything, from food, shoes, to vintage typewriters

last time people got music for free, was at the isle of wight I guess, and that was by ambush rather than by free will

5 minutes ago, Modano09 said:

It seems to be the favorite album among fans and they're putting out a box set focused on it. You really have to go out of your way to find a reason to be mad about this one. 

11 minutes ago, Modano09 said:

I remember people posting their dream wish list for a box set and personally thinking there's no way GNR would do something like that, and now it sounds like they're doing something close to it. 

And people are still mad for some reason! 

We don't even know exactly what is coming out and there are all kinds of complaints. Now THAT'S speculation.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, guitarpatch said:

Compared to their touring revenue, they will make peanuts with this. UMG will certainly make bank though. What it could do is help promote another tour, help their brand to sell merch/more premium tixs, and put them in better position for a renegotiation on their record deal for a future release 

And it could also be some kind of a test of be able to release something for a long while. If it goes well perhaps they will get in the studio to record a couple of new songs.

3 minutes ago, killuridols said:

While I would love to see that Troubadour show, I really don't want to LISTEN to it because Axl's voice is really bad.

They should put an audio from '86 over it and that's the only way it'd be decent :lol:

I remember the synths over It's So Easy's verse being brutal too.. I really don't care to see anything from this line up except maybe a best of compilation of best performances from the tour. They have sat on so much from the classic era, I really hope we get finally some good stuff tomorrow or whenever it is! 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, calle_st said:

And it could also be some kind of a test of be able to release something for a long while. If it goes well perhaps they will get in the studio to record a couple of new songs.

I would assume there’s prob a bit of a margin between what UMG is willing to put up for an advance and what GNR would want for a renegotiated deal w Slash and Duff involved. This release could certainly forecast insterest towards a number that makes sense for all involved. 

The band is a business. At the same time they can also enjoy it and try and do cool stuff within those bounds. It’s not an either or endeavor 

5 minutes ago, Order of Nine said:

We don't even know exactly what is coming out and there are all kinds of complaints. Now THAT'S speculation.

You haven’t seen anything yet....wait until tomorrow when people realize it’s just an announcement for whatever it is that will be released later on...

in combination with whatever the contents are that are likely to not be appealing to a wide range of folks on this board bc it’s unlikely anything unheard or unseen will be included.

8 minutes ago, Tom-Ass said:

God no.. The quality of that show was terrible.. Axl sounded like garbage. If they are smart they will never release a complete show recorded post 1993..

I don't know about the smart part..this is their official version of YCBM on YT. 

Sounding good, huh? 

Just now, auad said:

zillions of posts circling and going nowhere.

That's the way this place works... :D

1 minute ago, Tom-Ass said:

I remember the synths over It's So Easy's verse being brutal too.. I really don't care to see anything from this line up except maybe a best of compilation of best performances from the tour. They have sat on so much from the classic era, I really hope we get finally some good stuff tomorrow or whenever it is! 

If I could choose, I'd pick the Argentina shows I attended and that's it. The Troubadour show from 2016 is interesting in some ways, but not the musical part, hahaha just the anecdote of it.

Hopefully, they don't make it that hard to get one or two songs, in case I dont like the whole box set or just want to purchase parts of it.

I really don't want a 'Shadow of your Love' re-recorded with Fortus and Frank.

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, Modano09 said:

I can't keep track anymore. We want a box set, now we're mad we're getting one, because we want the current line up to release music, even though we're mad about who's in the current line up? 

They're putting out a box set and you can either buy it or don't. 

Some GnR fans are like sex starved people and a boxset or a re-release of a 30 year old album is like a handshake that already gives them some kind of affection, so they're already happy with the bare minimum.

Only new music will get me excited. I guess I'm kinda kooky that way.

• Like 1

Serious question here what would persuade you to part with £478 or $650. I mean what would you expect for that because there's a possibility that you'll already own most of the stuff on previous GNR albums. I mean seriously are you willing to pay those amounts of money for a couple of tracks that were at the time only good enough for the cutting room floor.

Edited by AFD5

8 minutes ago, tsinindy said:

You haven’t seen anything yet....wait until tomorrow when people realize it’s just an announcement for whatever it is that will be released later on...

in combination with whatever the contents are that are likely to not be appealing to a wide range of folks on this board bc it’s unlikely anything unheard or unseen will be included.

Exactly. That's what I'm.trying to point out.

The big picture is the obvious push and support for the band. This reissue is also an indication that they don't want to just tour and call it a day. SOYL is streaming would that be the only unreleased track on a Appetite remaster? Idk but I'm going to guess no here. 

There's obviously favor for Guns now in the industry, Slash is back, they've completed a huge portion of a tour that people never thought would happen under circumstances that showed they want to get out and play on time.

Everyone should try to look at the big picture, these are not signs of a dead band. The glass is clearly half full.

• Like 1

Here's the real question  - will they have isolated audio of Axl banging Adriana?

I think in one of the Axl chats, he did say he was going to revisit AFD when someone asked if he was going to have it remastered, I don't remember if a Deluxe Edition was mentioned.  

Box sets usually aren't "cash grabs" (greatest hits usuallly are-or were), and who else but FANS are going to buy it? The casual fan just wants the usual songs, could care less about demos and outtakes. 

I would love to hear how the songs evolved, but they need to do more than put existing demos out that made the bootleg rounds, however they need some of that in there. 

There will probably be different versions - the remastered AFD, a 2 disc version, and a box set - and probably memorabilia. 

It'll be interesting to see if Axl, Slash, Duff, Izzy and Steven promote it - even if they don't play, it would be cool to see them do a Q&A like Jimmy Page did for Led Zeppelin. 

1 minute ago, Order of Nine said:

Exactly. That's what I'm.trying to point out.

The big picture is the obvious push and support for the band. This reissue is also an indication that they don't want to just tour and call it a day. SOYL is streaming would that be the only unreleased track on a Appetite remaster? Idk but I'm going to guess no here. 

There's obviously favor for Guns now in the industry, Slash is back, they've completed a huge portion of a tour that people never thought would happen under circumstances that showed they want to get out and play on time.

Everyone should try to look at the big picture, these are not signs of a dead band. The glass is clearly half full.

Sorry I don’t really agree with you. This is just a money grab.  There is ZERO indication new music may be on the way.  It may be, but there is nothing that one would say hey it’s coming.

But, it’s cool you are optimistic. It’s not cool you go around bashing others for having a more realistic outlook.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, AFD5 said:

Serious question here what would persuade you to part with £478 or $650. I mean what would you expect for that because there's a possibility that you'll already own most of the stuff on previous GNR albums. I mean seriously are you willing to pay those amounts of money for a couple of tracks that were at the time only good enough for the cutting room floor.

$650 would have to be some kind of super deluxe set with a Slash or Axl autograph to get even the hardest of hardcores to part with that kind of dough. Even multiple vinyls or whatever Lafon said wouldn't be enough for me to part with that kind of cash.

Are there any boxes out there that cost that much? :question:

I can't afford something of that price, no matter if it's the GN'R logo bathed in 24K gold :lol:

But I assume something highly priced should include exclusive items that only a few can have, like a collectors kind of thing.

I don't know what it could be. If they want to charge that high, only a few people will have that amount of money.

• Like 1

People also need to understand why we are upset about a 30 year old album with old demos everyone has heard getting released instead of new music.

I love AFD but do not give a fuck about a reissue that's going to cost an arm and a leg. Which is my other issue with this band. Why is everything so fucking expensive?

• Like 1

Let's get real, I wouldn't even pay that much money for a double album of new songs from the AFD lineup. That's seriously a lot of money for any kind of music.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, tsinindy said:

Sorry I don’t really agree with you. This is just a money grab.  There is ZERO indication new music may be on the way.  It may be, but there is nothing that one would say hey it’s coming.

But, it’s cool you are optimistic. It’s not cool you go around bashing others for having a more realistic outlook.

I'm not bashing anyone. I'm pointing out the positives that were not around before this tour/line up. 

Do you guys think this re issue would happen if these circumstances didn't fall.into place. I would say no.

17 minutes ago, Fourteenbeers said:

I don't know about the smart part..this is their official version of YCBM on YT. 

Sounding good, huh? 

bonus points for having tits and ass (for the record, I'm not talking about DJ Ashba)

• Haha 1