Appetite for Destruction Remastered General Thread

4 minutes ago, tsinindy said:

Sorry I don’t really agree with you. This is just a money grab.  There is ZERO indication new music may be on the way.  It may be, but there is nothing that one would say hey it’s coming.

But, it’s cool you are optimistic. It’s not cool you go around bashing others for having a more realistic outlook.

pot and kettle. it's also not cool to call optimistic people (which, I guess, fits me too) "naive". for crying out loud, is it ever allowed on here to be a little bit enthusiastic about this band?

2 minutes ago, AFD5 said:

Serious question here what would persuade you to part with £478 or $650. I mean what would you expect for that because there's a possibility that you'll already own most of the stuff on previous GNR albums. I mean seriously are you willing to pay those amounts of money for a couple of tracks that were at the time only good enough for the cutting room floor.

It's a lot of money, that's for sure.

I could see some box set with:

- Remastered AFD (CD, Vinyl and cassette)

- Demos properly mixed and mastered (CD and vinyl, 2-3 discs)

- Early show recordings with the proper treatment with clean-up, mixing and mastering (CD and vinyl, 5-6 discs)

- Photo book with stories

- DVD with digitally remastered interviews from the time period

- DVD with current interviews about the making of the album

- Ritz DVD digitally remastered

- Replicas of original lyrics sheets

- Replicas of guitar picks used at the time, plus newly designed for the occasion

- AFD themed stickers

- AFD themed lithographs

• Like 1

1 minute ago, action said:

pot and kettle. it's also not cool to call optimistic people (which, I guess, fits me too) "naive". for crying out loud, is it ever allowed on here to be a little bit enthusiastic about this band?

Sure when this band actually does something 100% right.  That hasn’t happened for a while...like 25+ years

1 minute ago, Spirit said:

It's a lot of money, that's for sure.

I could see some box set with:

- Remastered AFD (CD, Vinyl and cassette)

- Demos properly mixed and mastered (CD and vinyl, 2-3 discs)

- Early show recordings with the proper treatment with clean-up, mixing and mastering (CD and vinyl, 5-6 discs)

- Photo book with stories

- DVD with digitally remastered interviews from the time period

- DVD with current interviews about the making of the album

- Ritz DVD digitally remastered

- Replicas of original lyrics sheets

- Replicas of guitar picks used at the time, plus newly designed for the occasion

- AFD themed stickers

- AFD themed lithographs

hAHAHAHAHA

55 minutes ago, Order of Nine said:

That's not what Axl indicated, and the other recent interviews with other people in contact with guns. 

So we have something coming out this year, if we didn't there would be complaints, now that we do it's still bad?

Where's the logic? 

I'm neither complaining nor saying it is ''bad'' (we don't even know what they are releasing yet?): I'm merely stating that they are now a thorough legacy act, an Appetite re-release compounding that point.

Just now, tsinindy said:

Sure when this band actually does something 100% right.  That hasn’t happened for a while...like 25+ years

that's the reason people get excited when something does happen.. even if it's an announcement of an announcement

i hope of very good soundboards from Tokyo '88 or Marquee '87

remember Live Era has UTLH and Crazy in a very good quality (i'm not talkin about the re-recording by Axl). It must exists a very good soundboard from the 10th Dec. Tokyo Show!

ignore the video, just listen the audio and remember live era

Edited by t-p-d-a
  • Like 1

Just now, TheSlashrose said:

hAHAHAHAHA

I hope you have to eat your words...

If anything is priced at the $5-600 range, they won't be selling a 2CD set.

I know, I know... before you say it, GN'R always disappoints, I'll spare you the effort.

Fun to be negative, eh? Personally, I don't have time for that.

• Like 1

The best, most impressive thing about this whole reunion has been what the marketing company has pulled off. 

This ding dong band went to them and said, "We're doing a reunion tour with 3/5 of the line up, no new music - we'll be charging hundreds of dollars per ticket and won't be doing any interviews/appearances- good luck!" And they have knocked it out of the fucking park. 

That will be my lasting impression of the NITL period- great marketing.

ROCK N' ROLL!!!!  

• Like 4

19 minutes ago, AFD5 said:

Serious question here what would persuade you to part with £478 or $650. I mean what would you expect for that because there's a possibility that you'll already own most of the stuff on previous GNR albums. I mean seriously are you willing to pay those amounts of money for a couple of tracks that were at the time only good enough for the cutting room floor.

especially when all of it will be on youtube an hour after its released. if it is infact a boxset and they do charge those insane prices, that shit better include a strand of axls hair and a pair of slashs dirty underwear lol

• Haha 2

6 minutes ago, action said:

that's the reason people get excited when something does happen.. even if it's an announcement of an announcement

Sure, but like I said wait until tomorrow and you see all the dissapointment an complaining :)

Lots of speculations by everyone here, someone must have got it right about whats it gonna be. Atleast we have news people! Since the start of the reunion and the first months after I think this is the most exciting thing here for us. Finally something is happening we could say

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

I'm neither complaining nor saying it is ''bad'' (we don't even know what they are releasing yet?): I'm merely stating that they are now a thorough legacy act, an Appetite re-release compounding that point.

If that's the case then slash and Duff would have ditched the Chinese material and we would have gotten full sets of Appetite/illusions tracks. Sometimes you have to read between the lines. And follow the money, they have a huge support which they didn't have now that Slash and Duff are back and have completed two years of a record tour.

Edited by Order of Nine

The highest priced version of it will be aimed at a specific target group: people who are both vinyl collectors and die-hard fans and also can afford it - that is, not many people. It won't be addressed to people who don't buy physical albums or even not albums at all and just buy/stream songs. Logically, there will be cheaper versions in various forms (CDs, less items, digital etc.) for the "masses". Predictably, the most expensive stuff will soon be available in digital form for illegal download.

10 minutes ago, beautifulanddamned said:

The best, most impressive thing about this whole reunion has been what the marketing company has pulled off. 

This ding dong band went to them and said, "We're doing a reunion tour with 3/5 of the line up, no new music - we'll be charging hundreds of dollars per ticket and won't be doing any interviews/appearances- good luck!" And they have knocked it out of the fucking park. 

That will be my lasting impression of the NITL period- great marketing.

ROCK N' ROLL!!!!  

Two things came to mind when I read this and they're both Sex Pistols related. Johnny Rotten saying "You ever get the feeling you've been cheated?" And their manager Malcolm McLaren's phrase " The Great Rock n Roll Swindle"

Edited by lame ass security
Spelling

Pessimists need to try and ruin it for everybody :lol:

As mentioned before several times, there'll likely be tiered versions depending on how much content you're looking to get out of it; likely a standard CD with just a remastered Appetite, a 2 or 3 CD version with bonus content, then it can jump into the full package with whatever else they're planning to throw into it.  I'd expect the same for the digital market, minus anything like a photograph book or whatever.  Obviously it'll be available on torrents fast for the people who are too cheap to buy content.

Obviously, these deluxe physical packages are catered to the hardcore fans, as the casuals just stream the songs they want to listen to off of things like Apple Music.  A lot of bands still release these big packages, so they must do well.

15 minutes ago, tsinindy said:

Sure, but like I said wait until tomorrow and you see all the dissapointment an complaining :)

Has anyone mentioned the (very likely) possibility that there is no announcement tomorrow - just another 30 second clip?  Of course they're going to drag it out longer than 2 days...all we need is just a little patience.

Just now, Use Your Delusion II said:

Has anyone mentioned the (very likely) possibility that there is no announcement tomorrow - just another 30 second clip?  Of course they're going to drag it out longer than 2 days...all we need is just a little patience.

The announcement is probably tomorrow. The release date... anyone's guess.

10 hours ago, RussTCB said:

It'd have to be a shit-ton of LPs lol! I've seen 5 and even 10 LP boxed sets go priced at $100 to $400 in the past (new, not on collectors markets) so it would have to be like a 15 LP set to justify $650.

My guess is this:

2CD - $19.99

3 or 4 CD - $34.99

3 or 4 CD, plus 2 LP  -  $99.99

3 or 4 CD, plus 3 or 4 LP - $149.99

3 or 4 CD, plus 3 or 4 LP, plus posters, art prints, kitchen sink and everything else - $649.99

Price for $649.99 after months go by and they can't sell nearly enough? $299, tops.

cant wait for my 18 CDs and 9 DVDs appetite deluxe edition box set!

:lol:

34 minutes ago, tsinindy said:

There is ZERO indication new music may be on the way. 

what about that video someone took from outside soundcheck at one of the shows with supposed audio of a new song being rehearsed, and those meegan tweets shortly after? did anyone ever get to the bottom of that?

3 minutes ago, Use Your Delusion II said:

It could happen but I don't think they'd go through all the effort of promoting the domain for a 30 second clip.