Appetite for Destruction Remastered General Thread

2 minutes ago, Hollywood Gunner said:

what about that video someone took from outside soundcheck at one of the shows with supposed audio of a new song being rehearsed, and those meegan tweets shortly after? did anyone ever get to the bottom of that?

It might have been the band soundchecking a new song for Slash's son's band. I can't remember, tho

1 minute ago, Gibson_Guy87 said:

It could happen but I don't think they'd go through all the effort of promoting the domain for a 30 second clip.

Oh I know - something is coming.  However, I suspect/fear we might be getting a SERIES of 30 second clips released at several day increments before the actual announcement.

Just now, Use Your Delusion II said:

Oh I know - something is coming.  However, I suspect/fear we might be getting a SERIES of 30 second clips released at several day increments before the actual announcement.

This place is gonna get burnt to the ground tomorrow if you're right :lol:

• Haha 2

Just now, Use Your Delusion II said:

Based on their earlier Billboard campaigns, the announcements aren't dragged out.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Ratam said:

Japan is great market to GNR.

yeah

I hear all the time about bands that no one cares or knows about and they seem to travel every year to japan because they have a following there

so i can only imagine how huge & massive is GNR audience in Japan

11 minutes ago, beautifulanddamned said:

The best, most impressive thing about this whole reunion has been what the marketing company has pulled off. 

This ding dong band went to them and said, "We're doing a reunion tour with 3/5 of the line up, no new music - we'll be charging hundreds of dollars per ticket and won't be doing any interviews/appearances- good luck!" And they have knocked it out of the fucking park. 

That will be my lasting impression of the NITL period- great marketing.

ROCK N' ROLL!!!!  

You think the band is marketing this? It’s most likely UMG. They profit from it 

You think the band marketed their tour? Live Nation provided marketing for their tour so they didn’t lose $ from their guaranteed fee

Other than that they have a team that runs social media, manages their content that prob includes video, and drives engagement for their brand, merch, and premium packages etc.  

The oversight and brand direction comes from management. They obviously ok’d all of this as it fits in with their strategy and possibly collaborated with some of it Including this release as well.  It ain’t coming out of their pocket though.

Live Nation didn’t require them to do a ton of PR. That’s the amount of clout they had in the deal.  It was negotiated. We’ll see if there’s any PR requirements made from UMG with this release.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Gibson_Guy87 said:

It might have been the band soundchecking a new song for Slash's son's band. I can't remember, tho

yeah i vaguely remember someone mentionning slashs son but i dont think we ever found out exactly what it was all about and the rumor just all of a sudden died. just figured id bring it up cuz ppl are saying theres nothing pointing to new music. that little incident may end up actually being something

9 hours ago, AncientEvil80 said:

Honestly, whoever can't perceive the trace of Mickey/NuAxl just as he opens his mouth is lacking good musical ears. 

i feel the exactly opposite

its too short of a clip and there is the static and the fading but i dont hear any mickey at all

i hear good old axl

besides, i dont think axl would be THAT stupid to try and re-record vocal takes from when he was the best singer ever and no one could touch him

===

slash's guitar, on the other hand, sounds a bit weird if you ask me

the "metal parts" on rhythm

and specially the last lick

i am a bit afraid that they will do some live-era on us again

===

having said that, i wouldnt mind if they did dome re-recording on any given track as long as they release the original tracks intact with no re-recordings

a bit like the hollywood rose CD

it opens with the five original recordings

and then there are ten extra tracks of nonsense alternate versions with additional guitars (by gilby and traaci if i am not mistaken?)

i never listen to those tracks but i dont mind they being there, maybe somebody listens to them?

12 minutes ago, guitarpatch said:

You think the band is marketing this? It’s most likely UMG. They profit from it 

You think the band marketed their tour? Live Nation provided marketing for their tour so they didn’t lose $ from their guaranteed fee

Other than that they have a team that runs social media, manages their content that prob includes video, and drives engagement for their brand, merch, and premium packages etc.  

The oversight and brand direction comes from management. They obviously ok’d all of this as it fits in with their strategy and possibly collaborated with some of it Including this release as well.  It ain’t coming out of their pocket though.

Live Nation didn’t require them to do a ton of PR. That’s the amount of clout they had in the deal.  It was negotiated. We’ll see if there’s any PR requirements made from UMG with this release.

Why would you think he thinks the band marketed this? Why would you think he thinks the band marketed the tour? He doesn't say anything like that, he says the opposite.

9 hours ago, Evil Ash said:

so the band that released UYI as 2 disks so people could buy one and copy the other one from friends instead of releasing a more expensive doulbe album, is now gonna release a $650 box set ?

It's not really within the spirit of GnR so I'm hoping it's gonna be something else!

the spirit of GNR was kinda almost gone when they gave those 1991 interviews, wasnt it?

besides, back then, those of us crazy-for-GNR-kids in 1991 were all mostly teenage kids with no real money to spend

so that interview made a lot of sense

- wow, how cool those GNR guys are!

anyone paying attention would soon find out that they were not so cool as we thought

if it is actually a $650 box set, or even a $200 boxset, it is definetely targeted for those who were kids back then, those who grew up listening to GNR actual CDs, guys and girls that now are probably in their 40s, have jobs and some money to spare

it surely is not targeted to anyone that discovered GNR after the GNR-era!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, guitarpatch said:

Redubbing live albums is common practice. Doing so on expanded reissue sets not so much. Although some do spruce up unreleased cuts that weren’t finished, but they are usually pretty up front with the info on that. 

There are most likely alternative takes/mixes of these songs that have never made the bootleg circuit or official release

problem with axl is that we know how upfront he was about live-era-ing us

I dont know what this all means but hell i would be happy with an Appetite For Destruction deluxe box set with vinyl, cds ,a photo book dvds of live shows from that time, unreleased material etc. No reason GNR cant release a box set like Led Zeppelin did with their albums or what Metallica has done with Their first 3 albums so far. Those box sets are fucking awesome.

9 hours ago, tsinindy said:

Dah, they didn’t release the Illusioons for that purpose.  Actually, the complete opposite.  They released it as two separate records so you’d buy two separate records, both at full price instead of buying one double album for less than it would cost to buy two single albums separately.  

great point hahahaha

9 hours ago, cpaxlvacy said:

$650?? hahahaha I don't think so. U2 released the greatest box ever made for the Achtung Baby anniversary and it costs something like $400. It is an insane box like with a million things. Take a look:

qnu62w.jpg

https://shop.musicvaultz.com/*/*/Achtung-Baby-Uber-Deluxe-Edition-6CD-4DVD-Art-Prints/3M6W0000000

hopefully gnr box is twice as insane!

8 minutes ago, F*ck Fear said:

Even then, I'd rather spend $60 on new music than $150+ for 30 year old music...

new music from guns n roses?

i am with you

===

new music from this nonsense that made zillions of dollars on the last two years presenting itself as guns n roses?

well, i guess i would check on youtube first before putting my money on it

very hard to believe that there will ever be any good music coming from that band!

• Like 1

9 hours ago, BadApples99 said:

great find, thanks!

but shit, vynil?

hopefull they release an alternate box with the exact same content on CDs for those who havent touched a vynil disc in 30 years hahahaha

about the "early years shows", hopefull its is uncirculated (i.e. not the ritz) and untouched (not re-recorded)!

• GNFNR 1

i still do not beleive they would put billboards and posters up worldwide for a fucking boxset. im not saying there wont be a boxset but that cant be all there is to it

1 minute ago, ludurigan said:

great find, thanks!

but shit, vynil?

hopefull they release an alternate box with the exact same content on CDs for those who havent touched a vynil disc in 30 years hahahaha

about the "early years shows", hopefull its is uncirculated (i.e. not the ritz) and untouched (not re-recorded)!

not to mention that most people dont even own a cd player anymore lol

• Like 2