Appetite for Destruction Remastered General Thread

1 minute ago, Hollywood Gunner said:

i still do not beleive they would put billboards and posters up worldwide for a fucking boxset. im not saying there wont be a boxset but that cant be all there is to it

This is Guns N' Roses. I absolutely believe they would put billboards and posters up worldwide for a boxset (and leaving it at that)

If it's something more than that I'll eat my hat 

3 minutes ago, ludurigan said:

great find, thanks!

but shit, vynil?

hopefull they release an alternate box with the exact same content on CDs for those who havent touched a vynil disc in 30 years hahahaha

about the "early years shows", hopefull its is uncirculated (i.e. not the ritz) and untouched (not re-recorded)!

My guess will be that a box set will contain everything on both vinyl and cd.

If they tier the box sets, there will probably be "vinyl only" and "cd only" versions.

To cater for everyone, it's likely there will be a code to use for digital downloads as well.

7 minutes ago, Spirit said:

My guess will be that a box set will contain everything on both vinyl and cd.

If they tier the box sets, there will probably be "vinyl only" and "cd only" versions.

To cater for everyone, it's likely there will be a code to use for digital downloads as well.

nice...

1 minute ago, GNRfanJen said:

This is Guns N' Roses. I absolutely believe they would put billboards and posters up worldwide for a boxset (and leaving it at that)

Well, they've done the (all-time top 5) world tour.

A box set now.

New music hopefully later. Though likely a tour dvd/cd first.

Let's not pretend they haven't delivered anything in the past years.

3 minutes ago, GNRfanJen said:

yeah but universal already lost money when CD flopped. i doubt a label would do something that dumb again

Just now, Hollywood Gunner said:

well they certainly didnt make much and i doubt bestbuy will rescue them this time

Coming off a hugely successful tour, GN'R is hot as ever.

I don't think Universal is worried.

That's not to say they won't do a good job with any sort of release now. I have my fingers crossed.

4 minutes ago, Hollywood Gunner said:

yeah but universal already lost money when CD flopped. i doubt a label would do something that dumb again

No they didn't, they made it all back (and more) with the BestBuy deal. Then they made a profit from the worldwide sales too. Universal lost nothing, they made money off of Chinese Democracy, plus, they have the rights to whatever else the band recorded during that timeframe.

7 minutes ago, Spirit said:

Did they though?

I think Best Buy lost that one.

Ya that was the era of store buying "exclusives", AC/DC had done the same with Black Ice, right? 
So GNR got their money on that one...eventually it was to come out elsewhere, of course...

26 minutes ago, ludurigan said:

new music from guns n roses?

i am with you

===

new music from this nonsense that made zillions of dollars on the last two years presenting itself as guns n roses?

well, i guess i would check on youtube first before putting my money on it

very hard to believe that there will ever be any good music coming from that band!

I think you're being a bit hard on them for the sake of it.

I have faith in a collaborative effort by the original 3.

That most likely will never happen though.

6 minutes ago, Tonto said:

No they didn't, they made it all back (and more) with the BestBuy deal. Then they made a profit from the worldwide sales too. Universal lost nothing, they made money off of Chinese Democracy, plus, they have the rights to whatever else the band recorded during that timeframe.

youre right but i still dont see them spending that much on these billboards just for a boxset that hardly anyone outside this forum will buy... and forget about the boxset, i dont know one casual fan that would buy shadow of your love off of itunes as a single track

8 minutes ago, Tonto said:

Yeah and all the manufacturing royalties they got for all the CDs put together. That adds up 

Sorry if this had been already discuss but the .FM thing tell me that they will sold the audio recording of their upcoming show like other band do for years. Nothing more. Bye gang! 

1 hour ago, ludurigan said:

yeah

I hear all the time about bands that no one cares or knows about and they seem to travel every year to japan because they have a following there

so i can only imagine how huge & massive is GNR audience in Japan

Yes, proof is the video UYI tour in Japan, great collectonist's had Japan plus is country with huge population.

7 hours ago, Nikki_Sixx said:

Here's the FACTS

There's only 2 surfaced recordings for 'Shadow Of Your Love', NOT 3 or 4 or 5 :

- Sound City AFD 2-track pre-production demo (june '86) : officially released on the 'Live And Let Die' single. Yes, the credits on that single are INCORRECT.

- Pasha Studios AFD demo (august '86) : officially released on several singles, with added fake crowd noise.  Available without fake crowd noise on numerous bootlegs.

-> The snippet you're hearing on the .fm site is the Pasha version, without fake crowd noise, remastered and/or remixed.  It is NOT re-recorded (not the vocals, not the music).

The only thing that sounds fishy is that little lick that's not on the original.  Either that is something unused that was on the master tape, or they added that recently (BLASPHEMY!!!).

The Mike Clink version that is rumoured to have been recorded during pre-production with Clink in late '86 is uncirculated.  It is NOT the .fm snippet version.

There are 3 AFD demo  sessions :

- Mystic Studio (August '85) :

'Welcome To The Jungle' + 'Anything Goes' + 'Don't Cry' (officially released) + 'Back Off Bitch' + 'Think About You'

-> ALL of these were bootlegged in the late 80's.  Recently surfaced in pristine quality by Troccolli. 'Heartbreak Hotel' was also recorded, but was not on the demo, and never bootlegged.  

- Sound City Studios (June '86):

'Out Ta Get Me' + 'Rocket Queen' (2 takes) + 'Nightrain' + 'My Michelle' + 'You’re Crazy' + 'Paradise City' + 'Move To The City' + 'November Rain [Acoustic] + 'Shadow Of Your Love' (officially released) + 'Reckless Life' + 'Think About You' + 'Welcome To The Jungle' + 'Don’t Cry' + 'Nice Boys ('officially' released) + 'Back Off Bitch' + 'Anything Goes' + 'Mama Kin' + 'Heartbreak Hotel' + 'Ain’t Going Down'  [Instrumental] + 'Jumping Jack Flash' + 'Jumping Jack Flash' [Acoustic] + 'November Rain' [Piano] + 'Heartbreak Hotel' [Acoustic] + 'East Coast Junkie' [Acoustic] / 'Move To The City' [Acoustic]

-> ALL of these were bootlegged in the late 80's.  Other stuff was recorded but never bootlegged: 'Cornchucker', 'The Plague', ... Most run at the wrong speed/pitch.

- Pasha Studios (August '86)

'Reckless Life' (offically released) + ' Nice Boys' (offically released) + 'Move To The City' (offically released)  + 'Mama Kin' (offically released) + 'Shadow Of Your Love' (offically released) + 'Welcome To The Jungle' + 'You're Crazy' + 'Heartbreak Hotel' + 'Jumpin' Jack Flash' + 'Mr. Brownstone' + 'Nightrain' + 'Sweet Child O' Mine' + 'Don't Cry'

> ALL of these were bootlegged in the late 80's.  Without fake crowd noise.  8 of these were surfaced in pristine quality by Alan Niven.  The rest run at the wrong speed/pitch.

If an AFD boxset is coming, it should include ALL of the above.  Not some of it, ALL of it.  Now is the time.  It's now or never.   It should also include anything we DON'T have or never heard about before ('You Could Be Mine' ?  'Perfect Crime' ? ... ).

If they decide to BUTCHER these sacred recordings with modern day re-recording, or worse even, let NON-GNR musicians add stuff to them, THAT IS THE ULTIMATE SACRILEGE.

If they decide to add music/songs recorded after '96 with NON-GNR musicians (who shall not be named ever again), that basically have nothing to do with GNR, THAT IS THE ULTIMATE SACRILEGE x 1000.

I will then proceed to ritually burn every GNR related item I own, in protest, and then set myself on fire.

They have managed to fuck up just about EVERYTHING they've done since they started, so if they ever decide to do something right, PLEASE LET IT BE NOW !!!

P.S. I would take a UYI boxset (with rehearsal, demo, pre-production, rough mixes, outtakes, live shit, ...) over an AFD boxset ANY DAY ! :lol:

i agree with everything except the burning stuff part and the setting yourself on fire part!

:rofl-lol: