Appetite for Destruction Remastered General Thread

17 minutes ago, Hollywood Gunner said:

youre right but i still dont see them spending that much on these billboards just for a boxset that hardly anyone outside this forum will buy... and forget about the boxset, i dont know one casual fan that would buy shadow of your love off of itunes as a single track

Well, it's unlikely it will be just a box set, there will probably be a CD/DVD option that will fly off the shelf. Universal have every reason to get behind the release.

6 hours ago, Stiff Competition said:

If it's a box with "enough vinyl to count on two hands" of just early shows, demos etc all from the appetite era, that will be fucking insane even if we all probably have bootlegs of most of it anyhow.

yes! i hope they add ALL the stuff we alreday have but now im fantastic sound quality and also give us stuff that we never listened to, specially studio stuff from that era!

and please with no re-recording whatsoever!

7 hours ago, BadApples99 said:

A box set with 6-10 vinyl records (and who knows what else?) still shouldn't cost $650...

so there must be more stuff on it!

2 minutes ago, ludurigan said:

yes! i hope they add ALL the stuff we alreday have but now im fantastic sound quality and also give us stuff that we never listened to, specially studio stuff from that era!

so there must be more stuff on it!

$650 sounds like a bullshit price someone brought up and everyone's buying into the lie 

• Haha 1

Just now, ludurigan said:

I've said this in another forum... I can't see how a re-recording would hurt.

If it's not at the expense of anything else, would you really be upset if it is included?

I might be in the minority, but listening to the re-recording of Appetite from 98-99 is an interesting thing for me. It might not stand up to the original, but it is still part of the history of the album.

6 hours ago, RussTCB said:

I'd LOVE it if it were career spanning but you know it's only going to be AFD-centric. I'm'a still buy it anyway :lol:

thats actually good because it opens the way for similar boxes in the future for Lies and the Illusions, right?

• Like 1

Which years do you all think the shows will be from? If "early years" meant 1987-1988, the 1988 Felt Forum show would be great. But if it meant 1987-1993, I would like:

- 1 from 1987 or 1988, the Felt Forum show would be cool

- 1 from 1992, especially the Cologne show

- 1 from 1993, the Munich show would be cool

Which concerts would you like this box to have?

8 minutes ago, Spirit said:

I've said this in another forum... I can't see how a re-recording would hurt.

If it's not at the expense of anything else, would you really be upset if it is included?

I might be in the minority, but listening to the re-recording of Appetite from 98-99 is an interesting thing for me. It might not stand up to the original, but it is still part of the history of the album.

well, if they give us the originals and then add some nonsense re-recordings, clearly presented as such, then its fine with me

my fear is that they will live-era us again

Edited by ludurigan

The date on that being friday is interesting.

The countdown ends tomorrow but if it is a boxset, I wonder if they are pulling a surprise release and it will be in stores Friday and tomorrow is just the announcement.

Third Man Records recently did that with the new sleep album and kept it completely secret until it leaked only 1 day before the release.

4 minutes ago, Stiff Competition said:

The countdown ends tomorrow but if it is a boxset, I wonder if they are pulling a surprise release and it will be in stores Friday and tomorrow is just the announcement.

Third Man Records recently did that with the new sleep album and kept it completely secret until it leaked only 1 day before the release.

Actually the countdown ends Thursday night at midnight Eastern DST US, which is actually Friday 😉

Edited by BlueJean Baby
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, Stiff Competition said:

Depends on where in the world you are I guess.

The countdown ends mid-day on the 4th in Japan and Australia. Early morning in Europe.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Stiff Competition said:

I fn hope not! I can't afford much of anything this Friday! Lol

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, BlueJean Baby said:

Actually the countdown ends Thursday night at midnight Eastern DST US, which is actually Friday 😉

Ah, never mind. That makes sense then.

Either way, it is still a friday which is a music release day, not as much as a press release day (usually Monday or Tuesday)

9 minutes ago, Stiff Competition said:

I think Mitch Lafon on twitter said it’ll be a fall release. But I guess we’ll find out very soon!

Anyways, we all saw Axls tweet about Tim Cook recently, are we to assume AFD Deluxe will not be streaming on Apple Music? Spotify? If not, that’s a hugely lost market and means the box set will only garner to hardcore collectors.

1 minute ago, GNR 1991 said:

I think Mitch Lafon on twitter said it’ll be a fall release. But I guess we’ll find out very soon!

Anyways, we all saw Axls tweet about Tim Cook recently, are we to assume AFD Deluxe will not be streaming on Apple Music? Spotify? If not, that’s a hugely lost market and means the box set will only garner to hardcore collectors.

I don't know about that. GN'R streams all of their albums on those services today.

5 hours ago, killuridols said:

I think they got huge in 1991 and 1992, with a world tour. Pre-teens and teenagers are the ones who move markets for any act that becomes popular.

This forum is a good demo, I think.... :)

they got huge in 1988-1989 

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, Stiff Competition said:

Midnight of the eat coast of the US I beleieve.