Appetite for Destruction Remastered General Thread

16 minutes ago, AxlRoseCDII said:

I love how this fan base gets something new and there’s still complaints. 2018 was going to be a lull year anyways and there is no new album in the immediate horizon. Be happy with what we have. 

THIS...
To be fair, it's not like they release constant re-package products to rape our wallets...THIS would be a first proper re-release of ANYTHING they've done and most of the time

Axl says no to flooding the market with just about anything...Other than a concert ticket, when was the last time you bought a GNR physical product? 
Zep, Floyd, etc all release regular stuff like this, which can be prone to being overpriced, but like I said above, there'll be a tiered selection of productions to fit each and every budget...
Let's not go major negative on this, it's our expectations that should be in check, I know I've kept mine...THIS is something and about time too, not giving them major credit, but I'll support this release, in hope it will encourage more...
3 days ago, we were expecting nothing this year...
Remember that...

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, F*ck Fear said:

No.

I cannot be happy with my favorite band gouging the fan base with ridiculously priced concert tickets, and assumed box sets of 30 year old material.

I will always love Guns N' Roses, but I refuse to be happy with this shit.

Just curious...what top 5 touring group is offering concerts for significantly cheaper prices? Wanted to take my daughter to P!nk...tickets were more than GnR

20 minutes ago, AxlRoseCDII said:

I love how this fan base gets something new and there’s still complaints. 2018 was going to be a lull year anyways and there is no new album in the immediate horizon. Be happy with what we have. 

Agreed. Im just happy we are getting the first official audio release from this band in nearly a decade (unless you count the 2014 dvd, but fuck that shit).

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

We don't even have a remote clue as to what's included for $179 and people are already losing their minds. Lol. Well done. 

Like with all box sets, I am sure there will be multiple versions of the album to purchase.

1 minute ago, Tourettes2400 said:

Like with all box sets, I am sure there will be multiple versions of the album to purchase.

Of course there will...mass market promo campaign = will include a mass market vanilla release, as well as "deluxe" "Super Deluxe" and probably even something like "Full Locked N Loaded Edition"

Edited by colonizedmind

1 minute ago, Tourettes2400 said:

Of course there will be. However, a bunch of people already feel the need to bitch and moan without any of the concrete details. Details that we'll most certainly know in 2 days at the absolute most. 

Just funny to me is all. 

• Like 2

Perhaps we moved on from poster sightings. Walked past the 5 skulls on west 61st between West end and Amsterdam, NYC. It’s in a parking garage for a condo.  Horrible location since there is little foot traffic  on this block...

Would share a photo but not sure how to on this forum  

17 minutes ago, F*ck Fear said:

No.

I cannot be happy with my favorite band gouging the fan base with ridiculously priced concert tickets, and assumed box sets of 30 year old material.

I will always love Guns N' Roses, but I refuse to be happy with this shit.

So don't buy it? I mean if they put new music out they're going to want you to pay to listen to that too, you know? Jesus Christ all everyone goes on about is Appetite this and Appetite that and now they're putting out a box set focused on it and people are still mad!

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Just now, Order of Nine said:

Idk why everyone is freaking out over the price. Im sure here in the states it will end up at the exchange for half of what it retails at sooner or later. There's alternatives. 

Because that's what GNR fans do lol

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

We don't even have a remote clue as to what's included for $179 and people are already losing their minds. Lol. Well done. 

You haven't seen anything yet. Get ready for the meltdown on Friday. ;)

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Order of Nine said:

Idk why everyone is freaking out over the price. Im sure here in the states it will end up at the exchange for half of what it retails at sooner or later. There's alternatives. 

Because $179 USD is a lot of money for "4 discs". I'll wait for the tracklist and details and all that before I start bitching about the price, but that's about $230 for me after the exchange rate, so the bitching is kinda understandable...

• Like 1