Appetite for Destruction Remastered General Thread

It has to be a reunion show.

I honestly don't think AFD remastered would get that much promotion, would be more like "Here it is." 

Also if Steven and Izzy wouldn't be involved I think there would be some real legal issues with them promoting something with their 'picture'.

HOLY SHIT I'M HYYYYYPEEEED

18 minutes ago, TheGeneral said:

I honestly don't think AFD remastered would get that much promotion, would be more like "Here it is." 

Also if Steven and Izzy wouldn't be involved I think there would be some real legal issues with them promoting something with their 'picture'.

I think axl owns the rights to the skulls, so he can really do whatever he wants with them. Please correct me if I'm mistaken 

Also, a few years ago Foo Fighters teased something big, promoted foofighters.tv showing this image

34q67bt.jpg

It turned out that is was a live streamed foo fighters performance from a small town in england.  Appears to be similar type of marketing.

Edited by slim26

7 minutes ago, annabanana said:

I think axl owns the rights to the skulls, so he can really do whatever he wants with them. Please correct me if I'm mistaken 

Axl owns the name, but the logos (as they are assets) are owned by the partnership, I think.

Edited by Blackstar
typo
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, slim26 said:

Also, a few years ago Foo Fighters teased something big, promoted foofighters.tv showing this image

http://portalternativo.com/2013/12/foo-fighters-anuncian-novedades-pronto [\IMG]

It turned out that is was a live streamed foo fighters performance from a small town in england.

If it was for possibly another UK show would would they promote with the afd5 skulls?. Im sure they would use the duff slash and axl skulls like from the LA lithograph. If it was for an appetite remaster they should have done that for the 30th anniversary last year. So i reckon its a radio streaming.

30 minutes ago, TheGeneral said:

You're new around here huh...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

Axl owns the name, but the logos (as they are assets) are owned by the partnership, I think.

Meaning duff, slash and axl? So the partnership can do whatever they want with it even without approval or consent from izzy or Steven? Did I understand it correctly? 

This is NOT going to be a 'full reunion'. Universal has no interest in promoting that, that would have been LiveNation, or Team Brazil.

This will probably be a re-issue / remaster with maybe some bonus tracks if we're lucky, live cuts from AFD tracks on NITL. Maybe they'll even play it in its entirety, but that would have been a weird choice since the 30th anniversary has come and gone without anything special. So typical GNR if you ask me.

SiriusXM isnt really well-known or big in Europe, so very doubtful they'll do anything with the upcoming euro leg

Other (less likely) options:

- Extra UK show, since Download day-tickets or on sale, maybe they've had an arrangement that after the daytickets went on sale they were allowed to book/announce an additional UK show.
- Streaming platform, I guess kinda like livemetallica.com. They record (and sell) every show they play in FLAC, and earn a nice extra buck on the side that way.
- Warm-up show somewhere in the UK prior to the euro leg starting, maybe streamed live.

I think quite a few euro shows arent sold out, so it could just be some extra publicity, though it would be extremely weird to use Steven & Izzy for that when they are not actually playing. And I think that door is closed, especially after Steven's recent remarks and reviving Adler's Appetite to play AFD in full.

Edited by LovelessNL
  • Like 1

54 minutes ago, Sydney Fan said:

If it was for possibly another UK show would would they promote with the afd5 skulls?. Im sure they would use the duff slash and axl skulls like from the LA lithograph. If it was for an appetite remaster they should have done that for the 30th anniversary last year. So i reckon its a radio streaming.

Radio streaming isn't really a thing in the UK. Our radio is much different over here.

There could have been a rights issue or legal battle why whatever is planned wasn't done last year for the 30th. 

My guess, a remastered appetite, original artwork and maybe they stream a live show or release a show to help promo it.

Edited by Axl_morris

52 minutes ago, annabanana said:

Meaning duff, slash and axl? So the partnership can do whatever they want with it even without approval or consent from izzy or Steven? Did I understand it correctly? 

Yes. Same with licensing the back catalogue for various usages.

4 minutes ago, Spirit said:

The hashtag is #AppetiteForDestruction, so definitly something to do with the album right?

Yeah. At this point, after reading the thread, I can't see it being anything else than some sort of reissue or remaster.

All the rest wouldn't make any sense at all, for various reasons:

Streaming? Only AFD then? So no NITL show? And would Universal be involved in that case?

An AFD5 show? Again, why then have Universal involved, and not LiveNation? Plus keeping in mind Steven's words and he's touring and promoting his singer. Slash has been busy with SMKC, and he will tour with them after NITL.

If it's a remaster or boxset, I'm hoping for something special at least.

• Like 1