Alice in Chains - New Album "Rainier Fog"

Gackt

• 1 month later...

Pulling out the old lawn chair for AIC, Bush, Cult, and STP for next week's show.  Bummed that Layne and Scott aren't around anymore.  At least I saw Scott in STP twice, and Velvet Revolver back in the day.  Layne was the best also, but I am cool with their current lineup.  DuVall is good, and Jerry is the MAN.  New AIC songs are pretty good.

New album is fantastic! Right now my favorite song is Drone. I think Id put it above The Devil Put Dinosaurs Here and below Black Gives Way to Blue, but I think all 3 albums are great.

AiC has one of my favorite reunion/comebacks ever. They did it for the right reasons, know how to honor their past without it divulging too much into nostalgia territory, and consistently release awesome new music. Duvall was the perfect addition. 

I just wish they'd play more post reunion stuff live. Ive seen them 4 times (once headlining a touring festival and 3 times opening on NITL) and Id totally see them again 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Black Sabbath said:

Title track rocks, alongside Not The One You Know. Never Fade took a few listens, but I enjoy it.

Admittedly nothing else REALLY stood out to me on first listen, but I’m given the album a few more spins. 

That's pretty much where i'm at with it too, usually AIC hooks it's teeth into you straight away maybe this ones a grower.

got it. stucked with so far under at the moment. love the darkness of the song.

happy to have some new AIC music! they're obviously not done yet

like the design, but that packaging is really poor for a lp, and its dirty as fuck, gave it a quick clean and now fight the electrostatics, why on hell does one sell that this way. well, a 192kbit mp3 download coupon speaks for itself :facepalm: ah, forgot the edged side d, for what...

On ‎8‎/‎26‎/‎2018 at 3:31 PM, Black Sabbath said:

Title track rocks, alongside Not The One You Know. Never Fade took a few listens, but I enjoy it.

Admittedly nothing else REALLY stood out to me on first listen, but I’m given the album a few more spins. 

The whole album has had the opposite effect for me thus far. The singles are fine, but the rest of the album has stood out to me way more than the singles.

• 3 weeks later...

I'm loving the new album.

Jerry Cantrell can write some super heavy riffs but then puts these beautiful melodies and lyrics over the top.

I really love the harmonies between him and Duvall. Duvall is great and I love what he does in these songs BUT you can only imagine what they would sound like with Layne Staley singing on them.

I think Layne Staley is the saddest story in the history of rock music. 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...