Creedence Clearwater Revival

Dazey

Since I'm not 13 anymore and don't fancy dropping a grand on a bunch of posters  I've gone back to listen to some actual music. 

Have these guys ever released a bad song?

Or this? 

Sorry, I'm drunk but not as drunk as whoever it was that thought a grand was a good price for a mouldy old box! :lol: 

Fnnaaar! Fnnaaarrr! #Viz #FinbarrSaunders :lol: 

CCR is fantastic!  Did they ever write a bad song?  Yes, on Mardi Gras where the band members insisted on writing for the album, rather then all John Fogerty tracks.

And some useless CCR trivia:  FBI investigators and some academics believe (and i would say quite incorrectly) that Bad Moon Rising was a song intended to be played as a coded warning to insiders that a bomb attack by the Weather Underground was imminent in their area, lol.  See this bougie academic hack, former SDSer, open a talk by playing Bad Moon Rising and pointing at the lyric on the display when it says ".... we're in for nasty weather."  :lol:

At around 7 min

12 minutes ago, Oldest Goat said:

@soon Woah that 'academic' is a retard.

CCR is very good indeed and by that I mean John Fogerty is. It's a real shame how he was treated.

I agree on both points.  John Fogerty is CCR!

Ive also seen a clip of an FBI training video where they dissect the lyrics even more, lol.  I couldn't find it, but I remember thinking it was from at least post 911. They train anti terrorists agents this paranoid nonsense!

Oh, and on Fogerty's treatment: he also got sued for copy write infringement on his own songs!  He's one of the best

7 hours ago, RussTCB said:

This was the only time I've seen him and he was excellent. Sounded awesome and played everything I could want to hear.

A few years ago I saw him at Bospop Festival. Before him Crosby, Stills and Nash were on and it started to rain. Bu the time John went on it was absolutely POURING. He played into it, constantly went down the ramp and he was soaked. Told some stories about Woosdstock and hit Who'll Stop The Rain. Absolutely epic stuff! The entire crowd was dancing anckle-deep in the mud. Even when it got so bad that the people from the festival were asking him to stop playing because of the storm he went into a final encore. One of the canvases on the stage even went down because it filled up with water but John just kept going until his final encore was done. ^_^:lol: 

• Like 1