Guns N' Roses Make First Mainstream Rock Songs Chart Appearance Since 2009

22 minutes ago, Jungle-Natives said:

The B-side from the Live and Let Die single is not the Hollywood Rose version, of SOYL, anybody know the facts on it? I assume it's from the live like a suicide sessions and that's what I was expecting to hear with the boxset.

The Live And Let Die b-side version is a demo that pre-dates the Live Like A Suicide/ Live From The Jungle version. It will not be on the boxset (but the Suicide/Jungle version will be).

Edited by rocknroll41

18 minutes ago, rocknroll41 said:

The Live And Let Die b-side version is a demo that pre-dates the Live Like A Suicide/ Live From The Jungle version. It will not be on the boxset (but the Suicide/Jungle version will be).

I think both the LALD b-side version and the Live Like A Suicide/ Live From The Jungle are included. So there are three versions of SOYL in the boxset: the one that has been released as a single, which is the -unheard until now- try-out Mike Clink recording, the Live From The Jungle version (on the B sides N' EP's cd) and the LALD version (on the Sound City Sessions cd).

13 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

I think both the LALD b-side version and the Live Like A Suicide/ Live From The Jungle are included. So there are three versions of SOYL in the boxset: the one that has been released as a single, which is the -unheard until now- try-out Mike Clink recording, the Live From The Jungle version (on the B sides N' EP's cd) and the LALD version (on the Sound City Sessions cd).

For some reason I thought the Sound City tracks WERE the Live Like A Suide tracks (including Shadow), just without the crowd noises. I could be wrong, though.

EDIT: just looked it up. You're correct. The Live Like A Suicide tracks (including Shadow) were from the Pasha Studios sessions, not the Sound City sessions. So, yes, all three GNR versions of Shadow are gonna be on the box set, along with two versions of each of the other Suicide songs. I've never heard these Sound City versions, so im looking forward to it!

Edited by rocknroll41
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, Nicklord said:

By having the 31st most listened modern rock song in a week?

Idk, many people define success in different ways, some people might think having the number one touring act in the world and charting today with a song you threw out 30 years ago isn't too shabby, clearly not everyone, but some people.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Order of Nine said:

I'm sure next week's results will yield even higher. Give it some time to catch on 

I feel like it's already run it's course. I don't see it ramping up or anything. I'm not rooting against it or anything, I just think it's not going to get any bigger.

• Like 4

26 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

I feel like it's already run it's course. I don't see it ramping up or anything. I'm not rooting against it or anything, I just think it's not going to get any bigger.

Possibly, usually singles take a week or two to get rolling. Either way it's getting played. 

13 minutes ago, Kwick1 said:

A 30+ yr old B side single on the charts. Only GnR!!!! 🎉 

Completely agree! lol.  Only Guns would think to do this!

Rock music in 2018 is so weak that maybe other veteran acts could follow in GnR's footsteps and beat out young bands new releases with their old b sides too