Adler says Fernando is key to Reunion

1 minute ago, Modano09 said:

While Adler continues to talk about the 2018 incarnation of a band that threw him out in 1990. 

Adler's basically a washed up actor who hasn't done anything anyone cared about in 30 years hitting the convention circuit talking about that thing he was in that people really liked. 

2 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

Of course.

And Adler drummed on Appetite for Destruction and can continue to play Appetite concerts for as long as people want to show up to see Adler drum on Appetite songs.

Both are providers of 100% low brow nostalgia. If you are going to criticise one, in the interests of fairness you should be criticising the other. 

Yep. That entire block party of fans that saw him and what next some state fairs? These Appetite fumes he's running off of will surely be his bread and butter for as long as he lives. 

1 minute ago, Order of Nine said:

Axl evolved 

Not since 2008. 

Do.you have a mullet? 

No but Axl probably should have one.

Just now, Order of Nine said:

Yep. That entire block party of fans that saw him and what next some state fairs? These Appetite fumes he's running off of will surely be his bread and butter for as long as he lives. 

They've been Rose's since he resumed touring in 2002, so why not?

15 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

Not since 2008. 

No but Axl probably should have one.

They've been Rose's since he resumed touring in 2002, so why not?

Last time I checked it's Axls band? Who's selling the seats at those county fairs? 

Again. 2008 is a year and that has no connection to my point.

Appetite, illusions, Chinese. All had changes between them. Deal with the facts and face reality.

Why do you care if he does or doesn't have a new release? You won't care for it anyway? He gave a warning back in 2008. He doesn't care what the 80s cock rockers want 

Edited by Order of Nine

For some on this forum, Axl simply cannot do good. At least, that's the way it reads. Many don't accept anything past 1993 as GnR. That makes me think that many believe that only some version of the original lineup that include more than Axl is GnR to you. Yet, you should be the ones that are over the top happy with NITLT yet it leads to more criticism of Axl. I don't understand, this is the closest to the original lineup that we've seen since 1993. It presents the first possibilities of new music from GnR with Axl, Slash and Duff. I realize there's reason to doubt that but the possibility exist. 

#1 There's absolutely no requirement for GnR to ever release new music and Axl nor any member of GnR should be criticized if it doesn't happen

#2 no one hates Adler. I think we all want him to be successful but we tire of him crying to the media and playing the "poor me". He simply needs to realize GnR moved on 28 years ago from Adler. As fans, we too have had to accept that. I don't think there's many that would say UYI isn't GnR because of Matt on drums, back up singers, etc. to me this was by far the biggest evolution of GnR. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Kwick1 said:

For some on this forum, Axl simply cannot do good. At least, that's the way it reads. Many don't accept anything past 1993 as GnR. That makes me think that many believe that only some version of the original lineup that include more than Axl is GnR to you. Yet, you should be the ones that are over the top happy with NITLT yet it leads to more criticism of Axl. I don't understand, this is the closest to the original lineup that we've seen since 1993. It presents the first possibilities of new music from GnR with Axl, Slash and Duff. I realize there's reason to doubt that but the possibility exist. 

#1 There's absolutely no requirement for GnR to ever release new music and Axl nor any member of GnR should be criticized if it doesn't happen

#2 no one hates Adler. I think we all want him to be successful but we tire of him crying to the media and playing the "poor me". He simply needs to realize GnR moved on 28 years ago from Adler. As fans, we too have had to accept that. I don't think there's many that would say UYI isn't GnR because of Matt on drums, back up singers, etc. to me this was by far the biggest evolution of GnR. 

It's almost like people are bitter things didn't go the way they wanted. I guess I'm just in the minority of enjoying the progression of the albums. In fact the older I get the more Appetite just seems one demensional to me as much as I love it 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, tremolo said:

Come on, Steven, Axl, and this new incarnation of Gnr have been doing nothing but riding the nostalgia train of AFD.

I have a lot of respect for Axl for wanting to move on from AFD, going against everything and not stopping. Whether you like CD or not, the fact that Axl kept on going against all odds shows integrity towards his vision.

But since then it’s been nothing new, same old, same old. Just like Steven basing his solo career on AFD.

At least Adler is being straightforward, giving direct answers and clearing the dust, even if that means he’s burning bridges between him and GNR.

I don’t hate Axl, I just find it a bummer that he lost his drive and never managed to find a muse outside his anger aimed towards others (media, seymour, slash, the world, etc).

This whole thing reeks of easy money.

I don't see Guns just dropping opportunities anytime soon.. the next 5 to 10 years is all Guns has left to do something in respect to a new album. I'd say sit back and wait till Axl/DC is done. If it's the same old tours then yes I'd say it's all about money now. But let's be realistic, if it was all about money this would have happened decades ago. 

Matt Sorum is just as much a drummer in GnR as Steven was.

I get it we all love Stevens drumming on Appetite but I also love Matt's drumming. 

The problem I have with Steven right now is he tries to pit the fans against the band.

In all honesty here I don't blame the band for moving on once he got hurt. Here's a band that hadn't played with each other in decades and on top of that had personal issues in the past. They had a lot riding on things. It's only fair the band wanted to rehearse. From Steven's own mouth he mentioned there being doubt from Duff he could drum well and or play certain songs.

As they're booking dates and rehearsing I'm sure the whole Steven situation was right there. They had to make a decision. People wanted stability and at the time they had no idea what Steven could offer as he didn't rehearse. Decisions had to be made to secure things. Steven was out. They also needed to get their groove back as a band. Perhaps as time progressed they felt Frank was there and could do it.

Perhaps, and we may never know those guest appearances could have led to more down the line. Steven however, ran his mouth over and over showing that he can't be trusted in the end.

No matter how much I love Steven as a drummer or want him there I'd never expect them to throw his weekly interviews under the rug amd welcome him into the fold. They all seem to be getting along great ans bringing a controversial person in who talks shit about them when things don't go his way would be bad for the band IMO.

Don't bring drama where there isn't any. Steven didn't play his cards right.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, trqster said:

Without Fernando (& err...Paul Tobias) there'd be no Gn'R new or old or both. Respect. 

Uh pretty sure there was a GnR well before Fernando and Beta arrived on the scene.  Why do people decide to just revise history?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Order of Nine said:

Last time I checked it's Axls band? Who's selling the seats at those county fairs? 

Again. 2008 is a year and that has no connection to my point.

Appetite, illusions, Chinese. All had changes between them. Deal with the facts and face reality.

Why do you care if he does or doesn't have a new release? You won't care for it anyway? He gave a warning back in 2008. He doesn't care what the 80s cock rockers want 

Which is why he’s moonlighting as the front man in an 80s cock rocker band...give it a rest.  You just say shit to try and support your opinion while being oblivious to any actual facts.

Edited by tsinindy

17 minutes ago, tsinindy said:

Which is why he’s moonlighting as the front man in an 80s cock rocker band...give it a rest.  You just say shit to try and support your opinion while being oblivious to any actual facts.

He's going to continue to moonlight as an 80s cock rocker because of his actions once again, this time in a sober state of mind. So cry on someone else's shoulder about it. He's his on worst enemy. Don't be surprised if he doesn't hit the stage this year to play OTGM and MM, the odds are not looking in his favor. Get some Kleenex and go attend his State Fair show. Like someone else just justified, what kind of team player has Steve been for Guns running his mouth?? With band members/friends like that who in thier right mind would want him around. Now go find a time machine and relive 1990.

Edited by Order of Nine

Now I think you are discussing two different things, a) whether current GN'R is a nostalgia band (the answer is "yes"), and b) whether Axl, as a musician, has shown an interest in exploring different genres and to evolve, and whether it is likely he will continue to do so if he releases new music (the answer is "yes"). 

2 minutes ago, SoulMonster said:

Now I think you are discussing two different things, a) whether current GN'R is a nostalgia band (the answer is "yes"), and b) whether Axl, as a musician, has shown an interest in exploring different genres and to evolve, and whether it is likely he will continue to do so if he releases new music (the answer is "yes"). 

If current guns was a complete nostalgia act then I would expect them to play nothing but material to 1993. But they are playing a good chunk of Chinese material which could indicate a desire to get on with it at some point. 

2 minutes ago, Order of Nine said:

If current guns was a complete nostalgia act then I would expect them to play nothing but material to 1993. But they are playing a good chunk of Chinese material which could indicate a desire to get on with it at some point. 

It lands us in definition territory, I think. Is touring material that is at least 10 years old nostalgia or not? I guess it depends on what we mean with "nostalgia".

The only thing that would indicate to me that the band has a desire to get on with it at some point, is Axl actually saying he wants to release new music. To me, his interest in releasing new music seems to have gradually dropped since 2001 and is at an all-time low now. 

I interpret the band playing CD songs more like Axl forcing the songs upon the world, because he is proud of them, and because he thinks they deserve to be played and heard (and I would agree with him), more than it indicates some hunger to release new material in the future. He fought to get that record out, and at some level it probably feels satisfying to now have Slash and Duff play these songs to hundreds of thousands of people across the world. He probably sees how audiences slowly appreciate them more and more, and that must be feel great to him. To make it a little bit more worthwhile. 

1 minute ago, SoulMonster said:

It lands us in definition territory, I think. Is touring material that is at least 10 years old nostalgia or not? I guess it depends on what we mean with "nostalgia".

The only thing that would indicate to me that the band has a desire to get on with it at some point, is Axl actually saying he wants to release new music. To me, his interest in releasing new music seems to have gradually dropped since 2001 and is at an all-time low now. 

I interpret the band playing CD songs more like Axl forcing the songs upon the world, because he is proud of them, and because he thinks they deserve to be played and heard (and I would agree with him), more than it indicates some hunger to release new material in the future. He fought to get that record out, and at some level it probably feels satisfying to now have Slash and Duff play these songs to hundreds of thousands of people across the world. He probably sees how audiences slowly appreciate them more and more, and that must be feel great to him. To make it a little bit more worthwhile. 

Yeah ten years is a while but it's the most current release. And according to Axl he didn't force the songs on Duff and Slash,  they learned them on thier own free will.

I agree that he wants validation for that period of time, understandable to some degree. According to alot of reactions from various people who are casual guns fans they are not familiar with the CD songs so yes it's ten years old but just like SOYL is old news to us the vast majority aren't guns nerds like us.

He has spoken about it and he did indicate that he intends to want to release another guns record at the time he said if Slash is involved with that was kinda nd of up in the air, ballsy? Yes I have to say he achived releasing Chinese under much more unfavorable conditions and now his bank account gives him the power to do what he wants even more. If it's just tour I'd be surprised, that ship will eventually need some new sails 

9 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

But not many changes since, ehh? 

I know your pride is brusied and your to stubborn to admit there is an evolution, probably cause you hate stew and bleeps but it is what it is. 

Btw. If it was released in 1996 it would still be an evolution, this time trap your caught in is irrelevant. 

I know your pride is brusied and your to stubborn to admit there is an evolution, probably cause you hate stew and bleeps but it is what it is. 

Btw. If it was released in 1996 it would still be an evolution, this time trap your caught in is irrelevant. 

When will Rose demonstrate his current state of evolution by releasing a new song? Just one song - that is all I ask?

Just now, DieselDaisy said:

When will Rose demonstrate his current state of evolution by releasing a new song? Just one song - that is all I ask?

If not within the next few years probably not until he's dead. You do realize this is the most demanded band that people are begging music from right?

This forum largely thought CD wasn't going to come out and it did. Everything is late but it will happen just under what circumstances is the biggest question.

Just now, tremolo said:

5 to 10 years is a lot. It’s been 2 years already and we haven’t had ONE new song from the band, and they are being so secretive that it really feels there is nothing going on in the creative department, in fact they seem to be pouring their creative juices in other projects.

My one concern is that if they release new music it will be too close to AFD considering the nostalgia factor of the tour and the idea of releasing a mediocre 80’s song as a single. Since this is a business, I guess they’ll see how well the AFD box sells, run the numbers, and see if an AFD-style album is more profitable than something actually creative and daring but which might alienate the hardcore fans that won’t let go of the late 80’s nostalgia.

The other projects were kind of already in motion right ? Slash and Myles? Axl and Angus just kind of happened as well. I think they wanted to see f the tour was successful. Now it seems other releases could happen considering the box set. And SOYL is now at 16? I'd say things are on the up and up

This conversation is unbearable...so I will take Steven at his word:

Dear Fernando,

There are way more fans in this world that want to see the AFD5 tour together again than those who don't want to see them together again.

Make it happen please.

• Like 1

Just now, KURT19 said:

This conversation is unbearable...so I will take Steven at his word:

Dear Fernando,

There are way more fans in this world that want to see the AFD5 tour together again than those who don't want to see them together again.

Make it happen please.

Dont hold your breath after his antics. And those ticket sales aren't hinging on thier return

Dont hold your breath after his antics. And those ticket sales aren't hinging on thier return

Antics???

He's the only one who speaks!

• Like 1