KEITH RICHARDS PULLED A KNIFE IN TRUMP-FUELED RAGE

soon

KEITH RICHARDS ADMITS PULLING A KNIFE IN A TRUMP-FUELED RAGE

It's a story that seems deliberately crafted to play up the most outlandish elements of the involved parties' public personas: On one side, there's Donald Trump, brought in to help promote a Rolling Stones show and elbowing his way into the spotlight despite being warned that his public involvement was to be limited; on the other, there's Keith Richards, angrily brandishing a knife after efforts to rein in Trump came to naught.

Now, after years of existing as a rumor, it appears to have been finally confirmed.

The story, as originally told by promoter Michael Cohl, unraveled in 1989, when he was busy plotting dates for the Stones' massive Steel Wheels tour — and hitting a wall in Atlantic City, where, as he put it, "they didn't like rock music yet." Trump became involved over the Stones' objections, but they were convinced to go along with the deal after being assured that he wouldn't attend the show. Naturally, he ended up at the venue anyway, and held a press conference that continued even after Cohl made him promise to stop.

Richards essentially confirmed Cohl's version of events during a recent conversation with the BBC, saying he was already incensed because the show was promoted as "Donald Trump Presents the Rolling Stones" with Trump's name bigger than the band's. "I got out my trusty blade, stuck it in the table and said, 'You have to get rid of this man,'" he recalled, quipping, "Now America has to get rid of him. Don't say I didn't warn you!"

Trump's Stones connection has continued through his use of their classic "You Can't Always Get What You Want" at political appearances and campaign stops — something that seems to amuse singer Mick Jagger as much as it annoys him. "It's a funny song for a play-out song — a drowsy ballad about drugs in Chelsea," Jagger pointed out. "It's kind of weird. He couldn't be persuaded to use something else."

http://ultimateclassicrock.com/keith-richards-knife-donald-trump/

16 minutes ago, cineater said:

Did you read his book?  Keith is always carrying a knife and knows how to use it. :lol:

lol, I haven't, but plan to sometime. I know the story of when Peter Tosh tried to expropriate Keith's mansion though. Sounds like it came close to being a shoot out!

8 minutes ago, soon said:

lol, I haven't, but plan to sometime. I know the story of when Peter Tosh tried to expropriate Keith's mansion though. Sounds like it came close to being a shoot out!

Keith loves to act hard but quite frankly there is no way he could have it with Peter Tosh, you think these guys that got shot and stabbed up in Kingston shit it from a 5 foot guitar player from Dartford? :lol:

10 minutes ago, Len Cnut said:

Keith loves to act hard but quite frankly there is no way he could have it with Peter Tosh, you think these guys that got shot and stabbed up in Kingston shit it from a 5 foot guitar player from Dartford? :lol:

iirc it was Tosh and his crew who fled the scene when Kieth let them now he was coming home with a gun.

3 minutes ago, Len Cnut said:

And Peter Tosh and a bunch of fuckin’ mad Jamaicans were gonna shit it from that?  I’m unconvinced.

Perhaps its are along the lines of when you live in the shit and have fight to survive you get to see that you don't have to prove something at every opportunity - you get instincts like the too.  Tosh was in this case acting based on a principal of appropriations claiming that Keith and Jagger had signed him to an exploitative deal, harkening to enslavement.  So this was (forgive the term) a revolutionary act in Tosh's mind.  And their too you could figure he's using strategy and trying to control the situation and the narrative it leaves behind?  I dont know.  

Also, iirc the two came to some better terms shortly their after so maybe Tosh won?

7 minutes ago, soon said:

Perhaps its are along the lines of when you live in the shit and have fight to survive you get to see that you don't have to prove something at every opportunity - you get instincts like the too.  Tosh was in this case acting based on a principal of appropriations claiming that Keith and Jagger had signed him to an exploitative deal, harkening to enslavement.  So this was (forgive the term) a revolutionary act in Tosh's mind.  And their too you could figure he's using strategy and trying to control the situation and the narrative it leaves behind?  I dont know.  

Also, iirc the two came to some better terms shortly their after so maybe Tosh won?

I'm loathe to go about guesstimating about the realities of things I really know nothing about but on face value I can't see a Peter Tosh running from a Keith Richards just because Richards said he was coming with a gun.  Coming with the police, now that I could imagine possible.  The Stones threw a lot of money about in Jamaica and in countries like that the police, even the local gangs can easily be bought.  How do you think they even recorded music in Jamaica in those days?  By paying all the right people to ensure they were even able to securely remain there.  The Clash, in their naivety (or perhaps lack of funds/clout) didn't do the same thing and were chased out of Channel One Studios.