What are your expectations for the upcoming leg?

7 hours ago, zigzagbigbag said:

Have there also been so much complaints during the UYI tour which as well lasted for three years and had only little variation during its 537 legs, Axl wearing crooked clothes, no new music being released during the tour etc?!

Oh, wait ... In 91-93 we had no internet. Hence, we could not spoil and destroy each others anticipation regarding the forthcoming gigs. 

Difference is on the UYI tour, it was a tour for the UYI albums, and they did mix it up somewhat throughout the tour.

Since then we’ve had like 10 Chinese Democracy tours, Vegas residencies, and now the NITL tour, with little variation, so I think we’re entitled in our right to complain 

Saw Guns in Vegas and London last year.

Had a blast but won’t see them again until there’s new music. This isn’t unwarranted ‘entitlement’, it’s wanting to hear songs that we KNOW are recorded from our favourite band.

Yes, the band we love not hate. 

I expect them to kickass and be a phenomenal live act again, with a 3hour show atleast which almost makes up for the ticket prices!! I hope to see and hear their chemistry like last time. Also I expect them to change the setlist a bit, who knows what aand the band to be in good shape as always! For Axl I hope he just does equal or better if possible as last year :)

What I expect: basically the same shows they did in 2017, both performance and setlist-wise, probably swapping Black Hole Sun for another cover.

Realistic best case scenario: basically the same shows as 2017, but with an Axl who's been working with his voice coach to prepare for AC/DC recordings, and will sound as good as the 2016 NA leg.

I don't get the whole voice coach thing. He been a professional singer for 30 years! Who's gonna teach him how to use his own voice better than he can do himself? He's just not trying as hard so he can save his voice for the rest of his life like anyone would. He never sounded better in his life than he did fresh of the greyhound.  He probably didnt know shit about singing "right" then. Y'all think he forgot? Anyway,  the set list will be the exact same except for maybe soyl if were lucky

7 hours ago, Bitchisback said:

Very few bands who put on the production GnR does change the setlist up night to night.  There is a lot that goes into a show like this,  with all the video production and everything else involved.   

To expect guns n roses to put on the giant production they put on and do it 25 different ways is silly. 

Now I will agree that playing the same setlist from 2 years ago is a bummer,  but playing the same show over the course of a tour with only a few change ups here and there is more common than not.   And it is such an act of entitlement to expect otherwise.  

Go look at the most recent Metallica,  Aerosmith or Black Sabbath tour setlists on setlist.fm for example. 

and people talk about Steven being stuck in '87 lol

did 3 musicians really spend 2 years in each others company then go to a recording studio just to touch up a 30 year old demo ? a song or 2 from the new album is what i'm expecting. 

i have been expecting to win the lottery for the past 20 years to.....still waiting 

I wish they would dust off all those UYI songs like The Garden, Right Next Door To Hell, Pretty Tied Up, Locomotive. Would actually make me want to buy tickets and see them again. Saw them once in 16 and there's no reason to see them again with the same goddamn setlist.

Edited by StrangerInThisTown

Prediction: Literally nothing will be different and everyone on the forums will complain about it the next day. Axl will also sound debatably the worst he’s ever sounded since he isn’t arsed to rehearse and hasn’t been off the road this long since 2015, and that will also be complained about ad nauseum here.

Edited by AxlRoseCDII

10 hours ago, marlingrl03 said:

They never really played that on this tour....what they did play and NOT enough of though and what needs to be more of a staple is OTGM! :headbang:

They did play UTLH. Saw it in Nijmegen. Saw OTGM twice last year. I wouldn't mind hearing it again.

I'm also expecting The Garden now. A live version just surfaced in the Saskatoon gig and today they uploaded the video on Vevo. They're just making sure we remember all the lyrics :P

Edited by Lio
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Tucknroll said:

I don't get the whole voice coach thing. He been a professional singer for 30 years! Who's gonna teach him how to use his own voice better than he can do himself? He's just not trying as hard so he can save his voice for the rest of his life like anyone would. He never sounded better in his life than he did fresh of the greyhound.  He probably didnt know shit about singing "right" then. Y'all think he forgot? Anyway,  the set list will be the exact same except for maybe soyl if were lucky

The voice coach helps him to sing better now AND to maintain his voice for the future. And you are right, he never sounded better than he did young and he probably didn't know shit about singing right then, but that's probably the reason why he struggles with his voice now. He didn't take care of his voice, his instrument when he was young. He has to now. The voice coach helps him to find techniques that work for him. The coach teaches and helps him based on what he needs.

Pretty logical to me.

Edited by jekylhyde

11 hours ago, Basic_GnR_Fan said:

Go look at the most recent Metallica,  Aerosmith or Black Sabbath tour setlists on setlist.fm for example

Aerosmith had lots of variety in their sets during the last years.

Almost every tour leg they reintroduce songs they haven't played in a long time, like Nine Lives or Falling in Love during the last Euro leg. Also the opening song changes very often, from Let The Music Do The Talking to Love in an Elevator, Back in the Saddle and maaany more been done during the last 4 - 5 years.

GNR on the other hand have been playing the same set for 17 years, little variety. Long gone are the early UYI days with different songs every night.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Lio said:

I'm also expecting The Garden now. A live version just surfaced in the Saskatoon gig and today they uploaded the video on Vevo. They're just making sure we remember all the lyrics :P

I hope for this too. The sets are going to be really long, they asked for a three and a half hour slot at the festival I’m going to. I hope that means they’re going to stick to playing both Patience and Don’t Cry in the same set, instead of alternating them again. Add SOYL. 

Drop Yesterdays, Axl sounds the worst on that, it’s so painful to listen to. 

Otherwise I’m not expecting too much different from last year. 

13 hours ago, metallex78 said:

Difference is on the UYI tour, it was a tour for the UYI albums, and they did mix it up somewhat throughout the tour.

Since then we’ve had like 10 Chinese Democracy tours, Vegas residencies, and now the NITL tour, with little variation, so I think we’re entitled in our right to complain 

Well, the current tour isn't another CD tour. In fact it is not an album tour at all. 

The current tour celebrates the reunion of Axl, Slash and Duff. People come to see sharing those guys of the classic line up one stage again. Its all about these three persons not about promoting any music. I am pretty fine with this   .

Edit: Some peoples hunger for the reunion has been satisfied by seeing those guys once again. But other people want to see them as often as they can after nearly 25 years of being hungry. Fortunately, Axl, Slash and Duff give those people the opportunity to see them at least 2 or 3 times without traveling the world.

It is not GNRs fault that some fans follow every show by watching crappy YT videos and getting bored of the show, even without having been there.

Edited by zigzagbigbag

Same core setlist and structure with some changes to songs such as Black Hole Sun, Yesterdays , Coma being changed.  Prob add Sorry and Catcher to the set list on a more permanent basis - however, I'm not expecting any major changes.

I want to take a fucking good time with my favorite band like last year. I'll go to 2 places. 1 with my 11 son who I hope will take over.

Setlist : 1 or 2 modification... of course SOYL wich can be awesome live I think. I'd like Think about you & Locomotive.  I still want The Godfather. I'll be very upset if Slash doesn't play it... and bonus, I want Axl to throw me his watch.  :headbang: I'm not a difficult fan. 

2 minutes ago, Corben01 said:

I want to take a fucking good time with my favorite band like last year. I'll go to 2 places. 1 with my 11 son who I hope will take over.

Setlist : 1 or 2 modification... of course SOYL wich can be awesome live I think. I'd like Think about you & Locomotive.  I still want The Godfather. I'll be very upset if Slash doesn't play it... and bonus, I want Axl to throw me his watch.  :headbang: I'm not a difficult fan. 

I have yet to take my son to see GN'R. He's 12 now, so assuming they do another US run at some point, I'll probably go just to take him :)

2 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

I have yet to take my son to see GN'R. He's 12 now, so assuming they do another US run at some point, I'll probably go just to take him :)

Good thing. I think it's time for us to pass on the baton to maintain the flame. :lol:

• Like 1