What are your expectations for the upcoming leg?

All the people who say that it's not possible to have well coordinated show and change setlists a lot should see these 2 videos. You can program everything these days and everything is automated. Pretty easy, it's not 1992 anymore 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uDBtPiO2T78

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AK8EtSJjfhg

Edited by Nicklord

Honestly I don't have any expectations. I just want this tour to end and I want them to focus on a new GNR album instead.

Maybe they'll play Shadow of You Love? Maybe Locomotive but most likely not? Maybe a new cover? Who knows. I'm not expecting any dramatic changes to the setlist, but if they don't make ANY changes to the setlist at all, I might be slightly surprised, simply because they must know that a completely unaltered setlist would cause an outrage on these forums.

4 minutes ago, Lies They Tell said:

Honestly I don't have any expectations. I just want this tour to end and I want them to focus on a new GNR album instead.

Maybe they'll play Shadow of You Love? Maybe Locomotive but most likely not? Maybe a new cover? Who knows. I'm not expecting any dramatic changes to the setlist, but if they don't make ANY changes to the setlist at all, I might be slightly surprised, simply because they must know that a completely unaltered setlist would cause an outrage on these forums.

90% of the fans in attendance won't care if the setlist doesn't change and they're the ones spending the ludicrous amounts on tickets and merch. Why would Guns care what a bunch of hardcore's on a message board think? :lol:

42 minutes ago, SoNobodyToldYaBaby said:

90% of the fans in attendance won't care if the setlist doesn't change and they're the ones spending the ludicrous amounts on tickets and merch. Why would Guns care what a bunch of hardcore's on a message board think? :lol:

Well we know that they care enough to read these message boards, but yeah... as of now, it remains to be seen if they care enough to make any changes to the setlist

I chose Berlin for that element of potential surprise. I hope with 6 months off that something will be different.

Hopefully not too much CD. 

I'm not expecting much change. Axl to tickle Melissa instead of Slash maybe 😂

• Like 2

6 hours ago, nikosgnr said:

In the middle of Nightrain Buckethead comes up with his massive solo and becomes the new "Steven Adler" making guest appearances.

Thank god Perfect Crime, Locomotive, Shacklers and I.R.S. are on the setlist.

I would not be mad if Buckethead came along to play his Nightrain solo.

22 minutes ago, MildlyArtistic said:

I would not be mad if Buckethead came along to play his Nightrain solo.

I guess this is too wild dream. Bucket is having health issues and I don't really think the current lineup would ever do such thing as have an ex-guitarist come and have a cameo. when was the last time such thing happened? yeah, twice in the whole history of GNR. Izzy in 1993 (and it wasn't a cameo, but a temporary replacement of his... replacement, cuz he got injured, for 4 shows if I remember correctly), and Robin Finck in 2012 for 1 song. and that's it.

10 hours ago, zombux said:

I guess this is too wild dream. Bucket is having health issues and I don't really think the current lineup would ever do such thing as have an ex-guitarist come and have a cameo. when was the last time such thing happened? yeah, twice in the whole history of GNR. Izzy in 1993 (and it wasn't a cameo, but a temporary replacement of his... replacement, cuz he got injured, for 4 shows if I remember correctly), and Robin Finck in 2012 for 1 song. and that's it.

Obviously BH isn't rejoining GnR on stage,  but you are forgetting Izzy joined Guns on stage a few times in 2006.

4 minutes ago, Bitchisback said:

Obviously BH isn't rejoining GnR on stage,  but you are forgetting Izzy joined Guns on stage a few times in 2006.

valid point, I've totally forgotten about this. and he joined them onstage in 2012 too.

It would be cool if they had shorter sets to begin this leg. Shuffle songs around as in don't have songs like chi dem and wttj at the beginning because they're hard to sing right off the bat. Think it would be cool now and again to drop songs like ycmb and add something like Bad Obsession or You ain't the first. 

17 hours ago, zombux said:

valid point, I've totally forgotten about this. and he joined them onstage in 2012 too.

Duff joined them in 2010, 2011 and 2014 too :P

Don't forget Brain also played Better in 2012 with Robin, I think he was on bongos :lol:

15 minutes ago, MrMojo said:

It would be cool if they had shorter sets to begin this leg. Shuffle songs around as in don't have songs like chi dem and wttj at the beginning because they're hard to sing right off the bat. Think it would be cool now and again to drop songs like ycmb and add something like Bad Obsession or You ain't the first. 

IMO it'd be better if they did a set like Vegas 2016 (2.5 hours) and swapped in a few different songs every night.

1 hour ago, Gordon Comstock said:

Don't forget Brain also played Better in 2012 with Robin, I think he was on bongos :lol:

IMO it'd be better if they did a set like Vegas 2016 (2.5 hours) and swapped in a few different songs every night.

Definitley, but think it would be really good dropping a few songs now and again, swapping in different songs etc. But imo performing songs like Chi Dem and WTTJ near the start of the show vocally isn't good. Also slowing the tempo on jungle now and again would be cool. Plant used to open with Immigrant song and it would take him nearly half the show to get into his rhythm. Hey we can only wait and see I guess, lastly though might be a good idea to only play Coma now and again, Great track but dear god it's a strain on the voice at times especially in the first half of a show.

Edited by MrMojo

Replace all the crap covers like seeker and Wichita etc with legit 100% GN'R songs.

The Garden can be a perfect choice for Axeman, considering his current vocal capacity.

Ok if you insist on playing covers then do these: Since I Don't have You, Ain't it Fun, Buick Mackane, 

Edited by ©GnrPersia
  • Like 1

26 minutes ago, MrMojo said:

Definitley, but think it would be really good dropping a few songs now and again, swapping in different songs etc. But imo performing songs like Chi Dem and WTTJ near the start of the show vocally isn't good. Also slowing the tempo on jungle now and again would be cool. Plant used to open with Immigrant song and it would take him nearly half the show to get into his rhythm. Hey we can only wait and see I guess, lastly though might be a good idea to only play Coma now and again, Great track but dear god it's a strain on the voice at times especially in the first half of a show.

CD is fine early in the set, it's mostly deeper vocals and the 'raspy part' seems like an easy style for him to sing in. Jungle is hit or miss but I think that's mainly down to lack of effort... I wouldn't mind hearing songs like Bad Obsession or Down On The Farm early in the set though, if he needs to add another 'low voice' song early on. Coma has been un-listenable since 2016, it's just painful to listen to now and I've wished for a while they'd swap it for Locomotive, and let Melissa do the high vocals while Axl does the low/talking voice.

3 hours ago, Gordon Comstock said:

The 2016 150-165 minute set length was perfect. Not too short and not too long.

I am a HUGE GNR fan. However, I believe I'd tune out at the venue during a 210-240 minute marathon performance.
I didn't bother attending any of the 2017 gigs, but I did suffer through the Apollo, Rock In Rio, and Inglewood (best of the 3), Sirius XM live streams.

Too much of a good thing can turn ugly...
:lol:

Not sure what I expect...Consistency would be nice...
What I'd LIKE -
Over this leg and the winter dates - Debuts to I.R.S, The Blues, Shacklers (love to see what Slash's take would be on all these plus 2 are rockier moments of C.D - work live)

SOYL (makes sense - Will be fun to see) Think About You, You're Crazy, Nice Boys, one of the old covers Mama Kin or JJF (all possible since the boxset will put these back in the spotlight)

Perfect Crime (It's been rehearsed sans Axl)  The Garden (think Axl could do this quite well) , Pretty Tied Up, Loco (dreaming) , So Fine (Duff solo), 14 Years (W/ Izzy) - YEA RIGHT! If he ever comes back, this will get played though :)

Looking forward to the periscopes, facebook links, endless discussion over the smallest detail, bitching, whining and general hype that goes on prior to a the beginning of a leg!
It's been our longest gap thus far, so the "Where's Axl" up until show time with faked photos could be fun this time...

• Haha 1