Q&A Discussion with Guns N' Roses Manager Fernando

49 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

@Fernando as downzy has said, thanks for taking the time to do this.

Would you have any idea if the band had anything at all with taking down the 93 proshot show from YouTube that surfaced recently? 

We're just curious is all. My guess is no, but a lot of us are wondering. 

Also....do you have any questions for us?? 

On top of this do you know anything about the "uzisuicide/websheriff" that seems to act on GNR's behalf in regards to YouTube videos? Is the band taking these videos down or are these outside sources? 

this is fucking great. more stoked about this than the box set. the manager saying "something" has me more pumped than pretty much anything after slash saying him and axl were talking again. that and the fact that there will be more tours.

if i had to ask one question only it would be about the 2010 show i was at in montreal when axl said something along the lines of "you guys deserve to know the truth but tonight is not the night". obviously its axls story to tell so i dont expect a huge bomb to be dropped here today by fernando cuz its not really his bomb to drop but if it was nothing can you at least let me know? ive been wondering about this for 8 years... if it was something can you remind axl about this little cock tease next time youre in town ? 

and speaking of cock tease... please bring back those strippers lol

4 hours ago, Fernando said:

I could possibly have one made for you.  Our new tour line is pretty fucking sick.  Sorry I get super psyched about our clothing lines, fun fact; did you know I overlook the entire design team and the direction on anything and everything we do?  

Hmm... psyched about clothes? Can you imagine how psyched we would get about word on new music? :P Speaking of clothes, can you imagine that on both of my trips to Dubai and South America, I didn't get a respective tour t-shirt? In Dubai the design i wanted was sold out and in Buenos Aires, they didn't sell T-Shirts after the show (or maybe they did, but only for 5 minutes). So if you still got some lying around...

As for your comments on the Troubadour show, I was one of the poor sods (or should I say fools?) stood outside. We drove down from SF to LA, the minute we found out, but were too late. And it was soul crushing, to say the least. To fly over from Europe to attend the first reunion show, only to find out that there was a show ahead, happening right next to us and we couldn't attend (despite pretty much chatting up everyone from your mom to Jim Carrey) and not even seeing a youtube video. I really think you should reconsider about making that show available. Even if ony digitally over the internet. It would mean the world to many of us. It seems a bit unfair that only 400 people got that privilege (200 of them due to connections, others due to living in the right city and some of them not even old enough to be a fan when GNR were at their peak and not the "real" fans, waiting 20ish years for this to happen). Since you're not planning to make money on it, there would be no real loss in just making it available as a gift to the fans. Maybe on the 3 year anniversary?!

Edited by PatrickS77
  • Like 3

Hi Fernando this is Jose from Peru, I would love to know if you guys have considered sharing the old shows on a website for us to either buy or stream? And will you guys consider releasing an official documentary of the band from the begining till the recent reunion? thanks a lot!

• GNFNR 1

Fernando, 

Steven Adler name dropped you in an interview asking fans to contact you for his place (or an appearance) in the band. While that is a childish way to do business it's not really surprising by some of his comments in the media towards the band.

How would you respond to that? What's the deal? Can he be trusted to be on tour or is there personal differences within the band and Steven.

Oi, @Fernando

Thanks for stopping by mate. I personally really appreciate that attitude and the answers you have given.

Is GNR coming back to Uruguay sometime? Been to Bs. As. twice but would really like to know if they are coming to this side of the river.

@Fernando I think you cleared things up well, there was definitely a miscommunication on both sides. By meeting the miscommunication head on you stopped things from escalating, mucho respect for coming on here! 

Now to my question, you've been to more GNR shows than anyone else here, what one song in their catalogue do you wish they would play? one that hasn't been in any of he sets you witnessed. My personally preference (and a LOT of other people on and off forums) is Pretty tied up   Just in case you didn't see it :D  if it ever gets played again I'm confident there'll be mygnr jizz all over the place :lol:

Edited by Tom2112
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Nice of you Fernando to come by and answer some questions. Thanks for that. 

Could you share some cool fun stories from the NITL-tour? Some fun happenings behind the scenes?

Also, is there anything at all you can say about new music from GNR?

Take care man!

Hi @Fernando

Firstly, thanks for taking the time to engage with us.

* Given you grew up in environment that was conducive to negative perceptions about Slash, did that ever affect your enjoyment of what he produced musically or your ability to be a 'fan' of Slash in front of other members of the wider GNR family? Now that Slash is back in the fold and many issues have been resolved, how has that changed your view of Slash both musically and as a person? Would be interesting if you're able to share Beta's thoughts on this too (though understand you may not want to speak for other people)

* In hindsight, was Axl's request to reach out to Slash something that Axl was internally contemplating for a prolonged time or was it more of a impulsive decision to bury the hatchet?

* Slash is now back in the studio with Myles Kennedy and Myles obviously is associated with a few figures in the GNR world, one such reason being his performance in place of Axl at the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame. Has Axl met with Myles Kennedy, listened to Slash's material with Myles (is Axl a fan?), does Axl like Myles' performance on GNR songs and do you foresee Axl ever making a guest appearance at a live show of Slash's?

* During the beginning of NITL, the Velvet Revolver song Slither appeared on setlists as an alternate song but was never played. Do you think we will ever see GNR play Slither or for that matter, any other song from Slash and Duff's back-catalogue with other bands? (Slither would be incredible to see on a setlist soon ;) )

* Lastly, the Melbourne Cricket Ground show last year was incredible! Any chance we will see you in Australia again this year?

Cheers and thank you!

Edited by Towlie
  • Like 2

Fernando -

Despite the many negative comments and posters there's a large less vocal community of GNR die hards that appreciate what you and your family do. I am so thankful of your ability to be diplomatic and get the greatest rock group on the planet back together. I am young as far and GNR fans go and have been able to realize my dream seven times now of seeing them live - all around the US, then Europe, back here and now to Europe this summer. SO STOKED.

My one last dream is to see Axl lead another AC/DC tour.

Is there a chance of this happening and is there a sliver of hope for us fans that want to hear him on a NEW AC/DC album?

Thank you!

54 minutes ago, Towlie said:

Hi @Fernando

* During the beginning of NITL, the Velvet Revolver song Slither appeared on setlists as an alternate song but was never played. Do you think we will ever see GNR play Slither or for that matter, any other song from Slash and Duff's back-catalogue with other bands? (Slither would be incredible to see on a setlist soon ;) )

Hi @Fernando thanks for engaging so far!

Axl has said in recent years about the second half of the Chinese democracy material being completed and ready for release. Would love to hear this material as CD was fantastic - is releasing this still something Axl plans to do?

Thanks again! 

• Thanks 1

Olá xará, tudo bem ? Well, I think it's the question every fan has in mind, can you tell us if there really is any plan for Guns n 'Roses to record a new album, and if so, is 2019 the probably year for the band to go into the studio? Thanks again for being here with us.

• Like 1