Q&A Discussion with Guns N' Roses Manager Fernando

Hey Fernando, this is Alan from Buenos Aires. Last October I met your mother at the hotel in Buenos Aires, I gave her one t-shirt for you and one for Ax, did you receive it? I made it myself, it said BUENOS AIRES- WHERE THE WEAK ARE KILLED AND EATEN, re-inventing the one Axl wore in the 90s and I think in some part of the current tour. You were there at the hotel pool with Beta and Vanessa but I didn't feel like bothering so I gave it to Beta when she was alone. Thanks !

At this point the question of new music has been asked, and answered, several times.  

Additional questions on new music will be removed.  

--------------------------------------

Fernando was true to his word and did return to answer a few more questions.  I have no idea if and when he'll return again.  We hope so, but we also understand it might be awhile before he has an opportunity to return and answer more questions.  

• Like 4

I was a bit critical of Fernando going off on the forums on Twitter in the official GNR discussion thread, mostly because I thought it was unfair to criticize when we have little info to begin with - but him coming here to answer questions is a step in the right direction and I just wanna say thank you Fernando for doing that - I feel like if you stopped by every now and then like this, it would help a lot in terms of just keeping the GNR camp and the GNR fans connected in a more positive way

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, WhazUp said:

I was a bit critical of Fernando going off on the forums on Twitter in the official GNR discussion thread, mostly because I thought it was unfair to criticize when we have little info to begin with - but him coming here to answer questions is a step in the right direction and I just wanna say thank you Fernando for doing that - I feel like if you stopped by every now and then like this, it would help a lot in terms of just keeping the GNR camp and the GNR fans connected in a more positive way

I felt like during his chat itself you could see exactly what he was venting about earlier. "Where's Izzy? Where's Adler? We want this! We want that! Why won't you give us this?" 

from 0% to 100%, what do you reckon are the odds of GNR ever reuniting?

do you know if axl and izzy have done any writing on the last 20 years?

does axl realise how sad it is that the best singer ever is also the singer who doesn't release any music?

I believe the only thing stopping axl from writing a guns n roses album with izzy, slash and duff is axl himself. am i correct?

38 minutes ago, Modano09 said:

I felt like during his chat itself you could see exactly what he was venting about earlier. "Where's Izzy? Where's Adler? We want this! We want that! Why won't you give us this?" 

that isn't what he was venting about.  

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, tsinindy said:

that isn't what he was venting about.  

"What you want isn't necessarily what can or should happen" and "You want information but if you don't like the information you get you're still mad" were two things he was trying to get across. Which seems fair. 

36 minutes ago, ludurigan said:

from 0% to 100%, what do you reckon are the odds of GNR ever reuniting?

do you know if axl and izzy have done any writing on the last 20 years?

does axl realise how sad it is that the best singer ever is also the singer who doesn't release any music?

I believe the only thing stopping axl from writing a guns n roses album with izzy, slash and duff is axl himself. am i correct?

I'm not saying that some of your questions aren't interesting, but let's get real, you're not going to get answers to these questions.  Your third question isn't really even a question and more you stating your opinion.

For those paying attention, most of the responses from Fernando have been fairly casual in tone and only speak to what he can reasonably say.  If you're expecting deep analytical responses from the current GNR manager at this time and place, you're going to be disappointed. 

My advice would be to keep questions limited to topics that Fernando can likely touch upon.  

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Fernando said:

It's not taking it to heart, it's just such a downer to read such hatred directed at people I know, love and respect; based on misinformation.  It isn't right and as you say, we are a tight community that loves the band, then we should remain strong together and fix issues with creativity and productivity versus name calling and tossing shit everywhere.  shit's not cool! haha

I think you're misunderstanding some of the comments. I can't speak for those who just randomly curse you out for the sake of doing so, but as far as the die-hard fans who truly care about this band; we just want answers. It gets tiring for us waiting around and having to rely on cryptic billboards and Facebook posts to find out what's on the horizon for the band. We all want to hear new music, obviously (not remastered music from the 80s), but I'd rather not get my hopes up if there aren't any plans in the near future for anything. All I personally want is some communication. Even if there's no news, that's fine. I'm cool with surprises, but with this band it just feels like we go 6 months with no news, then a tour announcement, repeat. It just gets tiring. Put yourself in our shoes - wouldn't you be frustrated, too?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, bigpoop said:

Yeah, seems like a lot of people missed or ignored that. Pretty harsh.

It got lost in the sea of questions and desperation, but a couple of us noticed it as well.

That's bad news I guess. Marc has incredible footage from that era and he was one of the first people who believed and supported this band.

😔

4 minutes ago, killuridols said:

It got lost in the sea of questions and desperation, but a couple of us noticed it as well.

That's bad news I guess. Marc has incredible footage from that era and he was one of the first people who believed and supported this band.

😔

I would guess it has something to do with the interview he did with the Daily Mail. Just a guess but probably a good one.

1 minute ago, bigpoop said:

I would guess it has something to do with the interview he did with the Daily Mail. Just a guess but probably a good one.

I'm not familiar with that interview but I think the fall out dates back to 2008, when Mark released his book against Axl's wishes.

27 minutes ago, Modano09 said:

"What you want isn't necessarily what can or should happen" and "You want information but if you don't like the information you get you're still mad" were two things he was trying to get across. Which seems fair. 

This is what he originally said and what I was referring to.  I see what you are saying, but those observations are different than this:

"Did some light reading on some forums today, funny how some of you are so clueless, yet speak from a standpoint of assumption and spread the trash you call ‘your opinion’ as fact in your little community."

Hey Fernando,

Thanks for stopping by the forums!  Old school, hardcore fan from AFD days.  Really happy I got to see the reunion tour.

Try to ignore the ultra negative stuff, as irritating as it is to a fan, it must be 10x more irritating to someone involved with the band.  Try to focus on the fact that there are true hardcore fans here that appreciate you engaging. Axl is my all-time favorite front man, always was, always will be.  One day, I will meet him and acquire his autograph.  Possibly get a selfie with him so I have something to laser etch on my tombstone.  You know how people walk around cemeteries and are like "Oh, wow, this one was young 1845-1846."  I want people a hundred years from now to walk by mine and say "Oh shit! This mutherfucker met Axl Rose!"   

That's all I had to say, no questions, just thanks.

• GNFNR 2
  • Haha 2

Wow thanks for your answers Fernando. 

Can I ask I quick question, I am a massive gnr fan always have been always will.. I told my wife when I die to put mp3 with gnr a to z and let me listen to it when I'm lonely down below... 

What is your favourite gnr track? 

Thanks again. 

GnFnR rules 4fukNEvR!

Come back to Toronto again it was incredible last time, always is. 

Oh yeah you have a great job