Q&A Discussion with Guns N' Roses Manager Fernando

• Replies 373
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

something.

That's the question, eh!  We just released a brand new single!  Yes, I am sure there will be.  

Jesus, you're a bunch of whiners. If you're saying he hasn't answered anything, you should learn how to read better. It's sad this thread is yet another one people are trying to make negativ

Posted Images

Shit.  Looks like I missed the whole thing.

Fernando, if you ever come back and read this, here's a question/suggestion I've been dying to ask:

NITL lithograph oversized hardcover coffee table book. 

I won't spend $1000 on it, but I'd drop a hundred or two.  The designs are amazing and a collection would be fucking amazing.   Please consider it.

• Like 1

@Fernando

What's your favorite GNR lineup? (I assume you will say the current one... but is it really?)

What's stopping GNR from letting Steven play the AFD songs (now that he has 'healed' his back) while Frank plays the rest of the set?

Thanks for taking the time to clear the air Fernando. I gave you a bit of shit on Twitter after your post so I respect your coming here to answer questions.

Here’s mine: With the new Conspirator album/shows on the way, is Axl planning to go see any shows or even guest on stage?  Obviously Duff and Slash went to support Axl with AC/DC so it’d be interesting if that support is reciprocated. Also how does Axl feel about Myles Kennedy’s singing?

Just now, SoulMonster said:

He has told us the tour will continue for years, that more dates will be announced for 2018 (already happened), but not in Europe, that he is sure new music will be released at some time, that they have no immediate plans about boxsets for UYIs or CD, that the 2016 Troubadour set will not be released, that he is not Marc Canter's hugest fan, that he felt it like a burden off his chest when Axl asked for Slash's telephone number, that he loves Izzy dearly, and -- to those of us who always struggled with understanding the role of a manager vs a band -- that it is the band who calls the shots in regards to new music and lineups and not him.

Did I miss something?

I should have actually said ''depressing and irritating''.

But I'll bite my tongue and leave you lot to it. 

1 minute ago, DieselDaisy said:

I should have actually said ''depressing and irritating''.

But I'll bite my tongue and leave you lot to it. 

I am not too excited about more touring and vague answers in regards to music myself (but it is probably not the manager's role to announce new music, anyway). But he DID say new music would come, at some time, and for that I am very happy. 

Anyway, saying he didn't tell us a single thing is ridiculous, and you know it. He said quite a lot. Besides, TB have always been careful in communications (as anyone managing something as unpredictable and apt to change direction as Guns N' Roses is likely to be :lol:), and if you expected more than this, like lots of revelations and in-depth analyses, then you expected too much.

• Like 1
1 minute ago, SoulMonster said:

I am not too excited about more touring and vague answers in regards to music myself (but it is probably not the manager's role to announce new music, anyway). But he DID say new music would come, at some time, and for that I am very happy. 

Anyway, saying he didn't tell us a single thing is ridiculous, and you know it. He said quite a lot. Besides, TB have always been careful in communications (as anyone managing something as unpredictable and apt to change direction as Guns N' Roses is likely to be :lol:), and if you expected more than this, like lots of revelations and in-depth analyses, then you expected too much.

You still haven't giving up hope, Soul? On ''new music''? How charming.

I thought the past few months were irritating and depressing looking at the same old discussions, at least now some things are cleared up.

@DieselDaisyI know you want Izzy and Steven back in the band, but it's a solid point that if the other guys who play in the band prefer using other people, then that's the best way for the band to continue. Not saying it's the way I like it as a fan, but as someone who runs his own tiny, tiny band! I totally 100% get it and agree. I can only imagine that with the hugeness of GNR the whole thing is way more complicated than any of us care to think.

3 minutes ago, Nicklord said:

So he attacks fans on Twitter and then comes here to try to fix it. Gives literally the same answers that I could have and suddenly he's cool? 

I don't know if he is "cool", but the band's manager came here to answer questions and in doing so dispelled a few uncertainties. We are better off now than 24 hours ago.

• Like 2

I missed all this and I rarely post anything I just wanted to say thenk you for communicating with the fans on here some of us can be harsh or bitchy at times but in all honesty we do appriciate the feed back. Also a big thank you from me and others on the decisions to having multiple versions of the appetite rerelease! Hope to see the band come back to the states at some point and hopefully they will come to Indiana next time...

@Fernando

Thanks for coming on here and answering questions! That's really cool of you.

Axl mentioned a few years ago that CD2 and a CD remix album are already done amd ready. Obviously the renuion happened around the same time and plans have changed. Will they ever be release? Or are they still being work on? Thank you!

• Like 1
40 minutes ago, LA_0013 said:

Any chance of putting a few lithos from previous shows for sale on the merch site?

Id pay good money for the Dubai litho - don’t think anyone managed to get them

The lithos would have to be available in order to sell them.  Fairly sure they all sold out except maybe the Australian ones and those were eventually sold off online.

They'd have to reprint them and they're not going to do that.

That's why my NITL Lithograph Coffee Table Deluxe Hardcover idea is the only solution!!!!

• Like 1
7 minutes ago, estrangedtwat said:

The lithos would have to be available in order to sell them.  Fairly sure they all sold out except maybe the Australian ones and those were eventually sold off online.

That's why my NITL Lithograph Coffee Table Deluxe Hardcover idea is the only solution!!!!

Great. Something else they could charge 1g for without the actual band having to lift a finger. 

• Like 2

@Fernando thanks for taking the time to drop by our little forum. 

Would like to first thank you and your mother for looking after Axl because if it wasnt for you both I have a feeling he wouldnt of made it out of the 90s. He seems to be in a great place now. 

Just a few questions if you are kind enough to answer I would be grateful.

First question I have is axl recording for ac/dc? It was mentioned by angry anderson he was.

Second question would a new tour be on the way for acdc? Would love to see axl/dc down here in Australia. 

Third and final. Will guns n roses mix up there setlist on this leg of the tour and include songs they have not played yet? 

Thanks for your time.

55 minutes ago, estrangedtwat said:

Explain - haven’t heard of it