Q&A Discussion with Guns N' Roses Manager Fernando

6 minutes ago, soon said:

Was there any alterations to those original tapes of SOYL?  Anything to do with tempo?  Those drums?

To my ears, I could be wrong and maybe Fernando can shed some light, but it definitely sounds like a newly made mix derived from the original multitrack tapes - just based on what I know regarding music production and what you can do now sonically versus back in the 80's

To me when I first heard Slash's guitar tone it definitely sounded new, however I guess if everything was taken from the original tapes, it is just something they processed a ton

I really dig it either way!  For me I am more just interested as a music student and wanting to know if my analysis was even close to correct :P

Edited by WhazUp
  • Like 1

will Steven join the guys for any of the upcoming shows or is their a possibility that would happen? Also, why was Steven's role in the reunion reduced after he injured his back? Any plans for matt sorum to join the guys on stage?

5 minutes ago, janrichmond said:

@Fernando with what line up will GNR continue to tour? Are Slash and Duff staying or will there be any changes in regards to the band? 

I don't think GNR has a future without Slash and Duff at this point. Fans would revolt if these two icons were replaced, AGAIN...

• Like 4

25 minutes ago, Fernando said:

Back then, I thought it was a test and at the same time, as if a heavy weight was lifted off my shoulders.

One thing that bothers me was what one poster said about the leak of CD and how I did it.

If someone can find me that idiotic post I would like to clear the air, as a lot of attacks and negativity stems from it, so it seems.

Fernando, There's a chance Axl will open his vault for new Pro-shots release in the future? Thanks for your answers. :)

Edited by Rodri99

Hi @Fernando ! How are you? In one of your last posts from last year(on your Instagram account) you said: 

“2018 will surely top these last few years, can’t wait to be part of what’s to come.”

Can you, please, tell us something about that? Are you was talking about the AFD box or there’s something more to come this year?Thanks man!

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Fernando said:

One thing that bothers me was what one poster said about the leak of CD and how I did it.

If someone can find me that idiotic post I would like to clear the air, as a lot of attacks and negativity stems from it, so it seems.

This? It was posted yesterday by someone in another thread. . 

A friendly reminder that Fernando was the one who leaked the Chinese Democracy demos years ago and almost got kicked out of Axl's house for it

It's almost like promoting the guy who caused 10 years worth of headaches for the band to the position of Manager was a bad idea

Edited by SoulMonster
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Fernando said:

There will be more dates being announced this year, but not in Europe.

Fernando, I'm not going to lie, my bank card says thanks 😂😂😂 I had the fear that the GNR.fm promotion was going to include shows in the U.K., and I'm already booked up for a few shows in Europe this summer so I was dreading any potential dates, especially in Scotland.

Thanks for taking the time to talk to us, we all appreciate it. Obviously you can't talk about certain things, but hopefully the work Axl done during the CD sessions sees the light of day, CD is my favourite Guns album and the main reason why I'm here on this forum and would love to see that be included on a future release.

I had a blast last summer, thank you for your input in that and I'm looking forward to the same this summer!

Tell Axl Scotland will have better crowds than our neighbors 😂😂

• Like 1

Hi Fernando :ph34r:, I think a lot of people here want to get more details about the first enounter between Axl and Slash after all those years. So my question is - who cooked the dinner? :ph34r:

Now seriously, can we expect any changes in the setlist for the upcoming leg of NITL? Or maybe a new song? :unsure:

• Like 4

Hi Fernando. 

Welcome to Norway jul 19th.

For 30 year i have been a gnr fan, but, the Oslo show this summer, is sold out,  damn! 

So, i have two questions for you:

1: Can you hjelp me in? 

2: Why not? 

Well, have a nice european tour, and, enjoy norway. 

Regards 

Norwayillusion 

2 hours ago, Fernando said:

I am not going to comment on my friend Izzy, I love and adore him.  So I would just ignore questions pertaining to him, ok?

just read this thread and took 3 things out of it that pertain to what i care about and my 31 year love affair of the only band ive ever loved and cared about and impacted every step of my life:

1. no comment on ‘the endearing one’ popcorn adler.  disappointing that there is clearly a bad attitude towards him.  he can’t keep his mouth shut but i truly believe he means well and is incredibly talented.

2. the above comment about izzy is great to read.  if axl has an issue with izzy this would not have been written.

3. don’t close the door on the band creating new music.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, NorwayIllusion said:

Hi Fernando. 

Welcome to Norway jul 19th.

For 30 year i have been a gnr fan, but, the Oslo show this summer, is sold out,  damn! 

So, i have two questions for you:

1: Can you hjelp me in? 

2: Why not? 

Well, have a nice european tour, and, enjoy norway. 

Regards 

Norwayillusion 

Check online sales during the week and day of the show. More tickets are released during the week and day of the show for major gigs all around the world. Hang in there! :headbang:

• Like 2

Please remember that this is an english-only forum.  Non-english posts will be removed.

1 minute ago, rockphantom said:

Check online sales during the week and day of the show. More tickets are released during the week and day of the show for major gigs all around the world. Hang in there! :headbang:

Great point.  Often times the best seats in the house are released within a week of the concert.  @NorwayIllusion - keep the faith.  

• Like 1

Gotta run so I’ll check back later to see some of the post! But to Fernando congrats on your recent marriage (that happened recently right?) and best of luck in Europe, you guys be safe! Come back to visit the forum anytime you feel something needs to be cleared up. We are all rooting for the same team, just in different ways, peace!

3 minutes ago, downzy said:

Please remember that this is an english-only forum.  Non-english posts will be removed.

Great point.  Often times the best seats in the house are released within a week of the concert.  @NorwayIllusion - keep the faith.  

I typically wait until the week or day of the show to buy my tickets. It pays off! 

Thanks for doing this, Fernando. 

You say it felt like a huge weight lifted off your shoulders when Axl asked you to make the call to Slash. Was that mainly for Axl? Was it because it was a relief for you that he finally felt they could make amends? It must have been a burden for all of you over the years.

Anyway, it may sound corny, but as an old fan, the main thing for me was Axl and Slash getting along again. That we get to see them on stage together, is a huge bonus, of course.

Axl looks happy on stage too. He hasn't always had it easy (even if he probably made it difficult for himself at times), so seeing him happy, makes me happy for him :heart:

Looking forward to the shows!

• Like 1