The New Workout Thread

Gracii Guns

The fuck man. The old thread has disappeared? That sucks. I've gotten way out of shape since I was active here, but I'm going to start getting back into things this summer. My long-term goal is to be able to deadlift 500lbs and run a marathon at the same time. 

• GNFNR 1

I’m back on track, finally. After our nutrition discussion here I went back to real life and ate too much carbs, meaning, bread and hummus and ice cream. :rofl-lol: :facepalm: I did that for a few days and took on some weight. Yeah, stupid but it happens. Now I’m back being a good girl and keep loosing weight again. I’m supposed to loose a kilo a week (Don’t laugh, I’m short, that’s actually a lot) and that’s hard, really hard. So yeah, hope I carry on with this now. 

My aim was to loose 5 more kilos until July 1st, hope I’ll manage. After that I want to keep the weight (obviously) and go more into cardio and body shaping. I gonna need some serious ass-kicking so I’ll keep going.

Edited by Tori72
  • Like 1

Great job everyone. @Gibson_Guy87, I think we all have those days that we have the "I don't wanna" but if it's happening once a week, are you taking a rest day? Getting stronger physically whether it's endurance training, speed or muscle building is about the load and then recovery. It's during the recovery where the improvements come. Recovery has to be taken as serious as the workout. But generally, I give it 15 minutes. If I'm still not feeling it after 15 minutes, I'll take a rest day and I've still gotten in 15 minutes. But most always I feel better within the 15 minutes. 

@Graeme, sounds like you know what to do with diet and exercise. As we get older, belly fat is more of a struggle unfortunately. But limiting breads, carbs and sugar cuts down on belly fat. 

Edited by Kwick1
  • Like 1

@Kwick1 Come to think of it, I can't think of my last rest day. I got really focused on dropping the last 15 pounds that I've kinda forgotten to take recovery days. 

PS (unrelated to your post)- high school kids have started going to my gym and they have zero spatial awareness or gym etiquette. Last night, I saw like 3 different treadmills with empty Gatorade bottles and one with an empty red bull can :max:. Sorry to rant, poor gym etiquette is one of my pet peeves. 

• Like 1

3 days back into the routine! Took a smallish break last week due to graduation. I’ve been going through a tough time with a breakup but am back on the workout routine thanks in part to @Oldest Goat helping to motivate me! Haven’t been going super super intense but am slowly building back into it.

Edited by AxlRoseCDII
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Gibson_Guy87 said:

Does anyone else have those off days at the gym? Like you get in there and you're just not feeling it? I had one last night and managed to get a decent workout, but I find that it happens at least once a week.

I read somewhere that on average everyone has 2 great workouts a week, 3 good ones, and 1 bad one. Be proud of yourself for still making it and hit it the next day stronger than ever.

• Like 1
  • GNFNR 1

@Oldest Goat, so normally you have the weekend as rest days. If you workout Saturday and Sunday what would your workouts be? What are your workouts on Thurs and Friday and Monday/ Tuesday? If you keep those days the same, you would need easier days on Sat/ Sun. Most would probably say stay with your schedule, but I HATE rest days. If you must do something, I suggest active recovery. Ride a bike or stationary bike, go for a hike, play a game of soccer or basketball but the objective is to move for 60 minutes without a hard workout. 

10 days of not working out will set you back but less if you can do alternative things like walk or even calisthenics in your hotel room.  I've had to travel and hotel didn't have a treadmill, so I ran around the parking lot. I've also ran up and down stairs in hotels and parking garages. The good side of forced time off, your body will be rested and ready to work when you're back. 

I’ve been researching on the best way to return to my pre-pregnancy shape. I’m happy with the weight I’m losing but my tum is soft. I’ve lost all muscle tone there. My waist is slim, but once I’ve had dinner I look about 19 weeks pregnant again. :lol:

So, I’m going to try a 30-day abs challenge as something to aim for. Wish me luck!

• Like 3

I keep on loosing weight which is great. I am 4.5 kilos away from the goal I set myself, hope I can tackle that within the next 4-5 weeks. But it is hard to find time for the gym with job + kids. I wanna do a workout with a youtube video now in my afternoons, while the kids are there. So kindly kick my ass!!! My tummy is still soft from the weightloss (and my babies). Need an abs-challenge, too. What are you doing @Gracii Guns? Do you use workout videos or something?

Edited by Tori72

3 minutes ago, Gracii Guns said:

@Tori72 Haven’t started anything yet. I’m hopeless.

At least I got a new steps record yesterday.

I might have also feasted on a burger, cocktails and beers though. I was seeing the Rolling Stones. That’s got to be a cheat day!

C9590AD3-7FA0-4EAC-9882-2A0A1BF5C908.png

Hey, that is definitely supposed to be a cheat day ;)! You don’t see the Stones every day! Was it a good show? No technical difficulties? (lol) 

It looks like a mighty step record even though I have no clue about that kind of thing. I don’t count steps, don’t have a device to do so. I was hoping you had dug up some really good abs workout and I could just follow along :D

Did my walking exercises today. Walked 3 miles. I do my walking in my house watching dvds. it's so damn hot now here in Texas, I wouldn't last a block before I passed out.

I enjoy watching my dvds they keeps me motivated to do the exercises.

My brother is a yoga instructor and sometimes we do it together or just the stretches which is good for my back and neck.

I lost 30kg on Keto diet. But coukdn't keep it going. So I gained everything back in a month. That first Subways chicken terriyaki with chii sauce and mayo was like an opioid. I went home and took a nap. Then I was in carb free fall for a month. Back to the drawing board. I ate so many eggs and steaks and tuna salads I never want to see a dead animal ever again. 

Edited by wasted

On ‎10‎.‎06‎.‎2018 at 3:21 AM, wasted said:

I lost 30kg on Keto diet. But coukdn't keep it going. So I gained everything back in a month. That first Subways chicken terriyaki with chii sauce and mayo was like an opioid. I went home and took a nap. Then I was in carb free fall for a month. Back to the drawing board. I ate so many eggs and steaks and tuna salads I never want to see a dead animal ever again. 

No point in making any changes to your life you can't live with.

5 hours ago, SoulMonster said:

No point in making any changes to your life you can't live with.

I can kind of do keto. But I’d wake up at 3am. I couldn’t read or concentrate. If I eat a bowl of pasta I can read Infinite Jest for 3 hours. 

I ran 10.9 km (6.72 miles) tonight, 1 hour and 9 minutes. That's the longest run I've done since I got back from MX and once I got into the groove with it, it felt pretty good towards the end (although there was a 79 metre uninterrupted hill that I started to lose the will to live about halfway up).

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Tori72 said:

I’m 5 kg away from my goal but cannot get rid of them. It took me the last 2 weeks to loose 0.5 kilos. I lowered my calorie intake (since 2 days) but nothing happens. Damn. 

Have you tried intentionally overeating to jumpstart your metabolism? I was having the same issue and @AxlRoseCDII suggested that to me and it worked. Otherwise, it could just be that the body tends to cling to those last few pounds as we get closer to our goal. 

• Like 1