The New Workout Thread

Gracii Guns

8 minutes ago, Gibson_Guy87 said:

Have you tried intentionally overeating to jumpstart your metabolism? I was having the same issue and @AxlRoseCDII suggested that to me and it worked. Otherwise, it could just be that the body tends to cling to those last few pounds as we get closer to our goal. 

I’ve never heard of that. Interesting. I’m scared to do that and gain like 2 kgs back, you know... :blink: 

On 15.6.2018 at 9:16 AM, Gibson_Guy87 said:

Yeah it's a high risk/high reward kinda thing. 

Hey, you know what? it worked. I’ve got rid of 1 kg in 2 days. It happend without intention. Drank wine with a friend and next day had 2 cheese sandwiches on top of what I was supposed to eat. Next morning 1 kg gone. :) Hope it stays that way...

• Like 1

Hey hey!

I went from 105kg to 75kg through meal replacement shakes. Really easy to do and convenient.

Best brand I found was USN diet fuel ultralean. Find it on Amazon its the biggest seller.

You have a shake for breakfast and lunch then a normal tea. Has a decent amount of carbs, protein and fat. Tastes good too.

Also my latest trick... Dessert for dinner! Yes! Don't eat dinner just have a huge cake that's 1000 calories. Waiting for the Nobel prize in the post.

7 hours ago, Oldest Goat said:

Not allowed to exercise on the meditation course I was on so I really controlled the amount of food I had and actually lost some weight. Already back into my gym routine too which I powered through without having to decrease anything and I also added in the cardio so feeling rather pleased.

Sounds great man. Sometimes I come off a mini break and am lifting 5-10 pounds less than usual on bench, squats, etc, which sucks. Good to hear you bounced back almost instantly and still stayed on your routine. Would like your post but I’m outta likes for the day so enjoy the thought of one from me lol

My brother is a certified yoga instructor. He teaches at a few schools in and around Dallas.

Anyway, his friend Josh is a chiropractor and one of his patients is Demarcus Ayers, a football player on the Chicago Bears. He asked Josh if he knew any yoga teachers since his family lives in Dallas. Of course, Josh recommended my brother.

My brother Sean and Demarcus had a session today and it went very well. Since a lot of football players for some odd reason don't stretch much during the off season or at any time except right before a game, he felt he needed to learn yoga to help with his stretching skills and possibly avoid any more injuries. He was out last season due to an injury.

He enjoyed his first yoga class and will continue until the new season begins. he told my brother he would recommend it to some of his other football friends.

We are so happy for my brother. He's helped so many people with his yoga skills including me and my mom. You'd be surprised how well you can make your body feel when doing yoga.

19 hours ago, Gibson_Guy87 said:

I really fucked up my shoulder from lifting yesterday. I woke up this morning and it hurt quite a bit. Good thing it's cardio day!

Use some pain rub on your arm it will help and make sure you stretch out your muscles after every workout especially when using weights. Don't overdo it. If you feel any pain, it's time to stop.

Update, just weighed myself again and I’m half a pound heavier than last week. Don’t know why it’s fluctuating. Guessing my scale doesn’t know and it’s rounding to either? I’m only half a pound heavier with socks on though. Grrr at bodybuilding sometimes. Now idk what to put down 

Can’t manage to go to the gym more than 2 times a week. I really would like to build muscles and work out more but I can’t make it happen. Work and kids is just time consuming. ;)  At least I’m still loosing weight. Very very slowly but it works. My goal is 800 calories a day but it is really hard and I just „want“ at least 1000. So it is slower than I want to. It is not even hunger but I want something in my mouth :lol: And also the cravings for food... Ugh :lol:

Edited by Tori72

2 minutes ago, AxlRoseCDII said:

Update, just weighed myself again and I’m half a pound heavier than last week. Don’t know why it’s fluctuating. Guessing my scale doesn’t know and it’s rounding to either? I’m only half a pound heavier with socks on though. Grrr at bodybuilding sometimes. Now idk what to put down 

well loosing weight goes in waves (for lack of a better word), right? Maybe it is the same with gaining? It is just how it goes?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Tori72 said:

well loosing weight goes in waves (for lack of a better word), right? Maybe it is the same with gaining? It is just how it goes?

Final update everyone:

So basically I’m a fucking nut and drove to get a more advanced and accurate scale. Good news is, I did gain that half pound! .6 to be exact, which means I have to eat 100 calories less this week since I only want to gain .4 this week.

Again: I’m a fucking nut. Arms have grown nearly half an inch since I started tho.

and to answer your question: for me, I track everything to an exact tee in terms of calories, lifting, and what have you. So for me at the least, it doesn’t really fluctuate since I’m such an OCD bitch and know exactly what I need to do to gain the weight

Edited by AxlRoseCDII

23 minutes ago, Gracii Guns said:

What scales is everyone using? Mine are WeightWatchers digital and I can’t tell how accurate they are. Are manual scales more reliable? 

1st July, I’m starting my 30 day and and arms challenges. 

I use an app counting calories that gives me info on protein, fat and other nutritional info as well. I find that VERY helpful. It’s an open source thing so I just type in the name of the product or food and have all info I need. Then I type in how much I ate and that’s it.

I have a very decided opinion on weight watchers. So in case you wanna hear it, read on. ...

WW can be useful but it is not accurate at all. This also is what makes it so difficult to keep your weight after a diet like that. You never know what you really took in as calories or protein or vitamins etc. If you want to reduce calories you better check other nutrions as well otherwise you run the risk on feeding still on too many carbs (and other sugars and fat :)). Which is  not good for the body. Running a diet without checking protein intake will reduce muscles too, not only the fat cells. Been there, done that.  I tried weight watchers about 5 years ago and was successful with it (lost 10 kilos). After that I got back into my old habit of carbs etc. and gained it all back. Counting calories and checking protein and eating lots of veggies  makes a hell of a lot difference on how you body shape looks like. Also it makes you crave food less. I just lost over 8 kilos in the last 3 months so I think I can compare.

Edited by Tori72

Cool thread.  Didn't know a previous one existed.

I have been developing my quads for the past 4 years, so much that my glutes and hams look under develop now.  I never worked my legs prior to joining the gym back in 2012.  I had skinny quads so I really tried to push it as much as I could.  I remember I couldn't squad for shit, and now my max is 405.  Not too shabby.  Plus, I live very fixated on my legs as I'm terrified of looking like those weak-ass guys with 28 inch arms but chicken legs.  I have nightmares about that lol.

I work out 6 days a week, 2 hours a day.  I have shifted my routine to incorporate 3 days of hams and glutes.  Instead, I will be squatting only once per week.   I usually do 8 to 10 sets of squats religiously as I think it's the best way to pump blood into my legs, even if the day is not quad-focused.  I'm going to follow this for the next 6 months to balance the back of my legs.

My back is my strongest body part so I will be only hitting it once per week, 4 super sets of heavy compound movements are enough as my back does not need much stimulation to grow.  We're all genetically gifted with one strong body part and one weak.  Remember that to focus on your weak points first.

• GNFNR 1

4 hours ago, Oldest Goat said:

Didn't go to the gym Monday or Tuesday since I was sick which makes me feel like a slacker. I'm more or less better now though and it's good to be back.

Similar thing happened to me this week. I went Monday morning but missed Tuesday because I had to help my sister move across the state. I felt like my day was incomplete on Tuesday. 

Also (unrelated to your post), I did wrist curls for the first time last night. Way harder than I thought they'd be

Edited by Gibson_Guy87

5 hours ago, Oldest Goat said:

Didn't go to the gym Monday or Tuesday since I was sick which makes me feel like a slacker. I'm more or less better now though and it's good to be back.

Working out when you're sick isn't a good idea. Don't feel bad. your body probably needed to rest since you got ill. You have to take care of your humane system before you can exercise properly.

Once you feel better then get back into it slowly.  Let your body rest up and then you'll feel well enough to exercise and you'll be back to it in no time.

Feel better.

I know a lot of you love to go to the gym. I don't, so I have plenty of dvds to help me with my workouts.

If you can't get to the gym why not try using dvds or even on demand has good workouts.

this way you guys won't feel like you slacked off. Sometimes life gets in the way of your regular workouts, but that's the way it goes. Don't feel guilty it's not good for your body nor your mind.

My brother is a yoga instructor and he says having a positive mind is what we always need first. I know it's hard believe me, but I'm trying.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Gibson_Guy87 said:

Similar thing happened to me this week. I went Monday morning but missed Tuesday because I had to help my sister move across the state. I felt like my day was incomplete on Tuesday. 

Also (unrelated to your post), I did wrist curls for the first time last night. Way harder than I thought they'd be

Once your body gets accustomed to work out every day or 6 days a week (like myself) if you miss a day for whatever reason you feel depressed.  At least that's my case.  I hardly miss a day in the gym.  Even when sick, I'm still there.  I can't contemplate the idea of not working out as I feel I'm already losing muscle (which, by the way, it's impossible but that can't make me feel better, lol).

I usually do 3 tri-sets of 12 to 15 reps when I work on my forearms.  It gets to a point where I need to drop the weight as I can't close my hand or extend it.  Painful as fuck, but worth it.

• GNFNR 1