The New Workout Thread

Gracii Guns

What measurements do other folk care about here?

BMI is a general indicator but doesn’t account for shape. 

Waist measurement is supposed to indicate how much fat is stored on the internal organs. For women we’re supposed to aim for a 80cm waist. 

I’m going to say this before someone else does. Penis size is the most important measurement. There, I’ve said it.

Edited by Gracii Guns
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Gracii Guns said:

What measurements do other folk care about here?

BMI is a general indicator but doesn’t account for shape. 

Waist measurement is supposed to indicate how much fat is stored on the internal organs. For women we’re supposed to aim for a 80cm waist. 

80 cm? Someone convert that to inches for me please. :) My scale shows weight, bmi, muscle mass %, etc. I go by all of those but really for me the best way is how my clothes fit.

I stress I’ve been training too hard as of late. My insomnia is at all time high. I only train 6-7 hours a week and therefore shouldn’t be at risk of overtraining- yet, I’m meeting all the symptoms. Fucking stupid doctors offices are closed tomorrow of course (excuse my anger, late night and I can’t sleep of course :/) 

Is anyone else’s eating habits conflicting with their spouse’s?

My husband is also trying to lose weight. But he is 6’1” and exceptionally overweight. He has lost two stone already. 

Today I ate four boiled eggs and some cucumber for dinner, while he’s had pasta, beer and ice cream. Yet I’m the one who has exceeded their calorie intake goals. 

I completed couch to 5K week 1 today, so that’s something, I suppose. :max:

Just made it to my first Zumba class. Don’t know how I managed the hour, because the first 10 minutes were so intense. That’s 600+ calories burned anyway.

And unpopular opinion, but I’m glad there are some women-only spaces left in the world. I wouldn’t feel comfortable doing that in front of men.

I don’t know what Zumba is. Some kind of dance workout, right? Is it more embarassing tha

I hit my 10kg mark which is great. But.... Still I have some fat around tummy and onmy hips. It’s getting less and less but it’s not gone. Probably genetic reasons but it gets on my nerves really. There isn’t much more kilos I should loose according to BMI etc. but tummy fat stays. :max: With that fat around my middle section I don’t look as lean, obviously, while the rest of my body is quite lean already and becoming more muscular. I am working out (cardio)  and I am lifting weights. I guess I just have to keep doing that and hope that becoming more muscular will burn that tummy fat away. I got no more patience, man! ... ;)

Edited by Tori72
  • GNFNR 1

1 hour ago, Gibson_Guy87 said:

I'm starting to get a little frustrated. I've only lost 2 pounds in the last 3 weeks. My goal weight is 200 and I'm at 211. Is it normal for the last 10 pounds to not come off as easily?

Hey, I experience(d) that as well. I found that useful...

The other reason it’s hard to lose those last few pounds is simply a matter of shrinking calorie needs:  it takes more calories to maintain a larger body than a smaller one. As you drop weight, your daily calorie needs drop, too. 

It just takes longer for the fat cells to die, really. The body takes longer but it will happen. Also loosing weight (the body getting rid of fat cellls( comes in intervals. That’s because half-empty fat cells fill up with water. So your weight stays the same even though you are in a calorie deficit. Only when the fat is completely gone from those cells they’ll shed the water and burst. That’s when you actually loose weight. But your body lost fast all the time before. It just doesn’t show like that on your scale. So just keep on doing what you do and may drop some more calories from your daily intake?

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

@Gracii Guns, metabolism doesn't necessarily slow as you get lighter. It slows if the body isn't adequately fueled. This is the reason it's important to eat calories that fuel the body and not empty calories. And yes, men usually have an easier time with weight loss due to muscle mass. What does slow as one loses weight is calorie burn. The body has to work harder the heavier it is and burns more calories. 

Great job on the weight loss and doing the couch to 5k!!!

• Like 2