The New Workout Thread

Gracii Guns

I'm still running 5 km four times a week and I've now started regularly playing short tennis as well (tennis with a soft ball on a smaller court), it's a pretty good workout, I certainly end up drenched in sweat. There was a period of about a month just before Christmas where my knee started to experience pain when I was running, and I ended up having to run with a compression bandage for a bit, and to reduce the speed at which I was running, but fortunately since the start of the new year, I haven't felt anything similar, and I never had to take time out of my routine.

Still at around the same weight, but as I mentioned earlier in the thread, I've put on muscle so I can't really judge my progress by my weight any more. My stomach is definitely carrying less flab though.

• Like 2

• 5 months later...

I'm a fat bugger these days. I started lifting a few months back, but then losing my job made me feel awful, and I only really got back to normality about 2 weeks ago. 

I had hit 95kg, i'm now back down to 91.6kg as of this morning. In 2016 i got down to 72kg and it was too skinny, so 82kg is a midway point.

• GNFNR 1

• 2 weeks later...

Nice one @Chris1989. Are you still cycling? 

A few months ago I was near my target weight and looking good. But I've eaten loads this summer, not helped by spending a significant amount of time working in London. I've planned a slower September so I can get in shape. I'm doing C25K again. I need to go from 153lbs to 142lbd for November 30th's awards ceremony. It's perfectly achievable as long as I keep running. 

Also, am on the 30 day sexy arms challenge. 💪

I weighed myself today. I am apparently the heaviest I've ever been at 227 lbs/103 kg, but I also feel the fittest I have ever been. I set a personal best for running 11 km a couple of days ago (1 hour, 6 minutes) and I'm carrying the smallest amount of visible (or pinchable) body fat I've had since I was a child... Go figure.

59 minutes ago, Graeme said:

I weighed myself today. I am apparently the heaviest I've ever been at 227 lbs/103 kg, but I also feel the fittest I have ever been. I set a personal best for running 11 km a couple of days ago (1 hour, 6 minutes) and I'm carrying the smallest amount of visible (or pinchable) body fat I've had since I was a child... Go figure.

Well you are about 18 feet tall so you can carry it better than most. I’m about 88kg and look like a potato. 

I just weighed myself, realized I hadn't done so in years. I'm 72 kg, checked online and apparently the ideal weight for someone with my height is 80.4 kg - 87.5 kg, but I've been around 70 kg since I was 18, so I'm sure I'm good. No reason to workout.

I've found a gym that's really close to my work. Ended up in a class on Thursday morning which was described as "cardio and body polishing". In reality, it was my first time weightlifting and mat work. It's a shame I can't keep up that class as we're having a change of routine later in September. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/31/2019 at 6:59 AM, Gracii Guns said:

I've found a gym that's really close to my work. Ended up in a class on Thursday morning which was described as "cardio and body polishing". In reality, it was my first time weightlifting and mat work. It's a shame I can't keep up that class as we're having a change of routine later in September. 

"Body polishing"? sounds a bit.....:smiley-confused2:

I've gotten back into lifting again after 6 years and I don't know why I've been putting it off for so long. I felt stronger after my first session than I have in a long time.

Of course I'm bumming off a friends membership, hoping no one at the place figures out we dont look a lot alike :lol:

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
3 minutes ago, Oldest Goat said:

An All Black injured his shoulder and totally messed it up, I saw an x-ray and it appeared a tendon had severed, they injected stemcells into his shoulder which were harvested from his belly fat if I remember correctly and they completely healed his shoulder to the point he was 100% and back to working out rigorously in 2 weeks. So give that a try if you ever do get joint issues or whatever.

I will have to talk to my doctor about that :lol:

Or ask my scientists to make me some :ph34r:

4 hours ago, SoulMonster said:

I have picked up the running and now one of my knees makes squeaking sounds when I walk down stairs. This can't possible be good :lol:

I think it's time for you to change your nickname to "SqueakingMonster" and post a recording of yourself attempting to walk down some stairs. File name suggestion: "Shanananaknees, knees".

• Haha 2

5 hours ago, SoulMonster said:

I have picked up the running and now one of my knees makes squeaking sounds when I walk down stairs. This can't possible be good :lol:

My knees click when I kneel down...always have done, even when I was a kid.  Not every time but pretty frequently.

• 8 months later...

I'm now running three times a week. Currently at 7.5k, working towards 10k. Also doing daily toning workouts, with an emphasis on my abs. 
I'm not interested in losing weight, as I've always been medium sized, I know I eat alright. I just want to get fitter, in the hope it will increase my chances of living longer.