The New Workout Thread

Gracii Guns

3 hours ago, Gracii Guns said:

I'm now running three times a week. Currently at 7.5k, working towards 10k. Also doing daily toning workouts, with an emphasis on my abs. 
I'm not interested in losing weight, as I've always been medium sized, I know I eat alright. I just want to get fitter, in the hope it will increase my chances of living longer.

Keep at it.  Diet and exercise when you're young and it will make life easier when you get older.  I do P90X and my wife does pilates every day.  We both eat clean and only drink on occasion.  It sounds like you found the routine that works for you 👍

• Thanks 1

16 hours ago, Swampfox said:

Keep at it.  Diet and exercise when you're young and it will make life easier when you get older.  I do P90X and my wife does pilates every day.  We both eat clean and only drink on occasion.  It sounds like you found the routine that works for you 👍

That's encouraging to hear. I don't enjoy running really, but it's a quick win, and is marvellous for my mental health. Now you've mentioned Pilates, I miss my classes. It's surprising how effective Pilates is. At least when lockdown is over, I hope I can impress my tutor with my fitter body. Gosh, that sounds like I'm on the prowl. :lol:

I'm a bit off exercise-wise.  I'll do it proper for 6 to 8 months then won't do fuck all for ages.  Like 4 months, then pick it back up again.  Pretty much all basic calisthenic shit too, sit ups, press ups, got a chin up bar too but I'd be lying to you if I told you I can bang those out the same way I can bang out loads of press ups and sit ups.  I got a punchbag though that I use regularly because thats just fun, I love that shit.  Diet is fuckin' terrible, always has been.  But then in some ways not, I mean there's plenty of fuckin' protein in it, I eat a lot of steak, a lot of beef burgers, not exactly healthy but its not the worst either, though it has been the last few months, sometimes I just stop giving a fuck and eat whatever I fuckin' feel like...actually, most of the time I do that :lol:  The biggest problem though is booze, its not even a problem, I enjoy it, it just hinders exercise, fuckin' hangovers and that, you don't wannabe exercising like that.  Stopped smoking week back in...hmm, I think it was like...I can't remember, a couple of Christmasses back.  But exercise weren't a problem with weed.

I don't care about health and shit, I don't care about having a six pack or any of that shit, I just wanna feel like...reasonably strong, you know what I mean, like I've got a bit of a dig on me, it just makes me feel better.  Almost like a little man syndrome thing.  I'm not even talking about being muscley, I've never been that, I just like knowing I can stand up for myself if the need ever arises. 

Punchbag is a brilliant work out though, learn a bit of footwork, your basic shots like jab, right, your one twos and hooks and just practise combos on that shit, put your back into it, do that shit for 20 mins full pelt and I guarantee you'll be sweating like a fuckin' bitch.

Edited by Len Cnut
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, Len Cnut said:

I'm a bit off exercise-wise.  I'll do it proper for 6 to 8 months then won't do fuck all for ages.  Like 4 months, then pick it back up again.  Pretty much all basic calisthenic shit too, sit ups, press ups, got a chin up bar too but I'd be lying to you if I told you I can bang those out the same way I can bang out loads of press ups and sit ups.  I got a punchbag though that I use regularly because thats just fun, I love that shit.  Diet is fuckin' terrible, always has been.  But then in some ways not, I mean there's plenty of fuckin' protein in it, I eat a lot of steak, a lot of beef burgers, not exactly healthy but its not the worst either, though it has been the last few months, sometimes I just stop giving a fuck and eat whatever I fuckin' feel like...actually, most of the time I do that :lol:  The biggest problem though is booze, its not even a problem, I enjoy it, it just hinders exercise, fuckin' hangovers and that, you don't wannabe exercising like that.  Stopped smoking week back in...hmm, I think it was like...I can't remember, a couple of Christmasses back.  But exercise weren't a problem with weed.

I don't care about health and shit, I don't care about having a six pack or any of that shit, I just wanna feel like...reasonably strong, you know what I mean, like I've got a bit of a dig on me, it just makes me feel better.  Almost like a little man syndrome thing.  I'm not even talking about being muscley, I've never been that, I just like knowing I can stand up for myself if the need ever arises. 

Punchbag is a brilliant work out though, learn a bit of footwork, your basic shots like jab, right, your one twos and hooks and just practise combos on that shit, put your back into it, do that shit for 20 mins full pelt and I guarantee you'll be sweating like a fuckin' bitch.

Try p90x 3 if you're up for it.  I've done a handful of different programs but imo that's the best one I've done and I stuck with it.  Just make it a routine part of your day.  It's fast paced and just half an hour each day.  You just need some dumbbells and a pull up bar as well as a yoga mat.

Too go too the gym you need too stick @ it keep going it's not the lifting that's hard its eating right & expensive it is hard too keep building tho so many now are on the juice I'd never recommend it waste of money had so so many come too me & say I wish I took your advice & there so many supps out there now just stick with BCAAs if training 1st thing fasted a protein shake for after training & eat eat & change your routine every so often i take a wk off every 3 months have done for years.

On 22/09/2019 at 9:00 AM, Chris1989 said:

Just finished in the top 70 of Swim Serpentine. No biggy, only beat 2600 people to finish in the top 2.6% of swimmers.

Amazing fair play what time did you do ?

Only just seen this I know its ages old

On 16/10/2019 at 10:46 PM, Oldest Goat said:

An All Black injured his shoulder and totally messed it up, I saw an x-ray and it appeared a tendon had severed, they injected stemcells into his shoulder which were harvested from his belly fat if I remember correctly and they completely healed his shoulder to the point he was 100% and back to working out rigorously in 2 weeks. So give that a try if you ever do get joint issues or whatever.

When I'm an old man I'm going to practically bathe in stemcells lol.

Hopefully that sort of stemcell treatment will be the future in terms of healing quadriplegics, motorneurone disease etc. I hope stemcell research will be the future way to treat muscular and physical diseases and injuries.

7 hours ago, Gracii Guns said:

Ran 9K last night. Do any other runners here achieve their goal and instantly feel that it's not "enough"? 

I thought I'd be a proper runner when I was running 10K. But now I just feel inadequate and decide "proper runners" run marathons.

The great thing about running is that you can keep doing it well into your 40s and 50s and 60s and just get better and better, especially the longer the distances are. Just look at all the old geezers doing marathons. So my ambition for running is that I will crush personal records every year for a long time. In that sense I suppose whatever personal record I have "is not enough". I want to beat it next year. But I don't run longer and longer. I used to run half marathons but it was harder to prepare for that distance because I simply couldn't find the time to run that distance regularly in my training. Now I am running 10 km instead, which is simpler. I can easily do a 10 km every other day as training for competitions. But I am well aware that it is a very different thing to run 10 km to half marathons, and that half marathons is a very different beast to full marathons, and that those are like child plays to ultra runners and uphill runners. Still, I feel we are all "proper runners", some are just more hardcore than others and have different priorities.

And well done on making these life style changes. I am impressed and hope you are as proud of what you are doing as you ought to.

• Thanks 1

Running regularly now, but only 2-3 kms. The knee that was fixed in surgery holds up remarkably well. I do have some pain in the other knee, so I suppose I will have to do that one too in not too long. And as usual when I have had a longer break from running my right calf is prone to stretches. It would be better if I dropped some of the weight gained this last 6 months, so I need to keep an eye on my diet too. 

Still, by the end of the year I hope to run longer distances and be on target for my first competition in May 2021. Unless my other knee has other plans. 

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Oldest Goat said:

Sorry, didn't notice your quote.

Absolutely. Seems fucking incredible. Stay safe btw mate what with covid spreading in aussie.

👍 i really feel for victorians who have to now do level4 restrictions for 6 weeks. If the 6 week restrictions dont bring the numbers down , i gave no idea what the answer for victoria is. But hopefully in NSW we can contain the numbers. I think the contact tracers need a payrise when we get through this.

On 21/05/2018 at 1:02 PM, Gracii Guns said:

It’s time I lost the baby weight. While I think I look nice bigger, I don’t want to be thought of as ‘that big girl’. 

Currently 171 lb, want to reduce to around 147lb. My daily calorie allowance is 1340.

I’m now on MyFitnessPal, please PM me if you’d like my username.

OK, so looking back at my first post, I'm now 154lbs. Which is progress. 

I ran my first 10K last night. I know I need to be more strict with my diet. I've cut out cakes and biscuits, but seem to be substituting them with ice cream and gin.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Gracii Guns said:

OK, so looking back at my first post, I'm now 154lbs. Which is progress. 

I ran my first 10K last night. I know I need to be more strict with my diet. I've cut out cakes and biscuits, but seem to be substituting them with ice cream and gin.

Awesome! Well done you! :thumbsup:

I'm currently about 198lbs and my target weight is 154lbs so I've got a loooooooooooong way to go. :lol: 

• 1 month later...
5 hours ago, SoulMonster said:

Took a tumble on my bike yesterday after my fucking dog saw a fucking squirrel race across the fucking path while moronic me was holding it on a fucking leash while biking. 

You ok?  

I have an Australian Cattle dog that I thought about doing that with because she’s pretty fast and we rarely get to run her.  But she also likes getting into everything and I could imagine her doing something similar or the leash getting caught up in the gears, etc. 

On 9/18/2020 at 2:59 PM, Ace Nova said:

You ok?  

I have an Australian Cattle dog that I thought about doing that with because she’s pretty fast and we rarely get to run her.  But she also likes getting into everything and I could imagine her doing something similar or the leash getting caught up in the gears, etc. 

Thanks, yeah. I'm okay. Just bruised and scratched.

My dog is usually very under control when biking, but that squirrel got the best of her :D

The season of having to have dogs on the leash is over, so now my dog gets to run free on every walk I take with him. 

• Like 1

On 9/20/2020 at 12:50 PM, SoulMonster said:

Thanks, yeah. I'm okay. Just bruised and scratched.

My dog is usually very under control when biking, but that squirrel got the best of her :D

The season of having to have dogs on the leash is over, so now my dog gets to run free on every walk I take with him. 

Speaking of dogs...

dont-know-who-dog-is-sign-why-banned-from-park-but-seems-like-fun.jpg

:awesomeface:

• Haha 2

• 2 weeks later...

I've had a six week break from running. A friend got in touch to say that I was looking really good in a recent photo, which made me realise that even if the weighing scales don't budge, running was still helping me look slim. So I've signed up for a challenge, to do 15 runs of any distance in October. I'm hoping to return to running 10k by the end of the month. 

I actually ran home from the butcher yesterday, carrying 8lbs of meat in a backpack. It made me realise how heavy 8lbs is, and how much easier it would be to run without that weight. A really useful experiment. 

• Like 2