Jump to content

The New Workout Thread


Recommended Posts

On 7/24/2020 at 5:35 PM, Sydney Fan said:

Hopefully that sort of stemcell treatment will be the future in terms of healing quadriplegics, motorneurone disease etc. I hope stemcell research will be the future way to treat muscular and physical diseases and injuries.

Sorry, didn't notice your quote.

Absolutely. Seems fucking incredible. Stay safe btw mate what with covid spreading in aussie.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 221
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I’ve lost all my baby weight! An entire stone! Just one more stone to go before I’m at my target weight.   

We did it!

Very slowly overcoming the recent plateau, but here's a chart showing the whole weight loss journey. 103 pounds. I'm pretty damn proud of myself 

Running regularly now, but only 2-3 kms. The knee that was fixed in surgery holds up remarkably well. I do have some pain in the other knee, so I suppose I will have to do that one too in not too long. And as usual when I have had a longer break from running my right calf is prone to stretches. It would be better if I dropped some of the weight gained this last 6 months, so I need to keep an eye on my diet too. 

Still, by the end of the year I hope to run longer distances and be on target for my first competition in May 2021. Unless my other knee has other plans. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Oldest Goat said:

Sorry, didn't notice your quote.

Absolutely. Seems fucking incredible. Stay safe btw mate what with covid spreading in aussie.

👍 i really feel for victorians who have to now do level4 restrictions for 6 weeks. If the 6 week restrictions dont bring the numbers down , i gave no idea what the answer for victoria is. But hopefully in NSW we can contain the numbers. I think the contact tracers need a payrise when we get through this.

  • GNFNR 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 21/05/2018 at 1:02 PM, Gracii Guns said:

 

It’s time I lost the baby weight. While I think I look nice bigger, I don’t want to be thought of as ‘that big girl’. 

Currently 171 lb, want to reduce to around 147lb. My daily calorie allowance is 1340.

I’m now on MyFitnessPal, please PM me if you’d like my username.

OK, so looking back at my first post, I'm now 154lbs. Which is progress. 

I ran my first 10K last night. I know I need to be more strict with my diet. I've cut out cakes and biscuits, but seem to be substituting them with ice cream and gin.

  • Like 1
  • GNFNR 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, Gracii Guns said:

OK, so looking back at my first post, I'm now 154lbs. Which is progress. 

I ran my first 10K last night. I know I need to be more strict with my diet. I've cut out cakes and biscuits, but seem to be substituting them with ice cream and gin.

Awesome! Well done you! :thumbsup:

I'm currently about 198lbs and my target weight is 154lbs so I've got a loooooooooooong way to go. :lol: 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 1 month later...
5 hours ago, SoulMonster said:

Took a tumble on my bike yesterday after my fucking dog saw a fucking squirrel race across the fucking path while moronic me was holding it on a fucking leash while biking. 

You ok?  
 

I have an Australian Cattle dog that I thought about doing that with because she’s pretty fast and we rarely get to run her.  But she also likes getting into everything and I could imagine her doing something similar or the leash getting caught up in the gears, etc. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/18/2020 at 2:59 PM, Ace Nova said:

You ok?  
 

I have an Australian Cattle dog that I thought about doing that with because she’s pretty fast and we rarely get to run her.  But she also likes getting into everything and I could imagine her doing something similar or the leash getting caught up in the gears, etc. 

Thanks, yeah. I'm okay. Just bruised and scratched.

My dog is usually very under control when biking, but that squirrel got the best of her :D

The season of having to have dogs on the leash is over, so now my dog gets to run free on every walk I take with him. 

  • Like 1
  • GNFNR 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/20/2020 at 12:50 PM, SoulMonster said:

Thanks, yeah. I'm okay. Just bruised and scratched.

My dog is usually very under control when biking, but that squirrel got the best of her :D

The season of having to have dogs on the leash is over, so now my dog gets to run free on every walk I take with him. 

Speaking of dogs...

 

dont-know-who-dog-is-sign-why-banned-from-park-but-seems-like-fun.jpg

 

 

:awesomeface:

  • Haha 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 weeks later...

I've had a six week break from running. A friend got in touch to say that I was looking really good in a recent photo, which made me realise that even if the weighing scales don't budge, running was still helping me look slim. So I've signed up for a challenge, to do 15 runs of any distance in October. I'm hoping to return to running 10k by the end of the month. 

I actually ran home from the butcher yesterday, carrying 8lbs of meat in a backpack. It made me realise how heavy 8lbs is, and how much easier it would be to run without that weight. A really useful experiment. 

  • Like 1
  • GNFNR 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, Gracii Guns said:

I've had a six week break from running. A friend got in touch to say that I was looking really good in a recent photo, which made me realise that even if the weighing scales don't budge, running was still helping me look slim. So I've signed up for a challenge, to do 15 runs of any distance in October. I'm hoping to return to running 10k by the end of the month. 

I actually ran home from the butcher yesterday, carrying 8lbs of meat in a backpack. It made me realise how heavy 8lbs is, and how much easier it would be to run without that weight. A really useful experiment. 

That is a revealing experiment, yes. I have given some thoughts to that myself, like when carrying backpacks on mountain hikes. The big difference though, is that the fat on our bodies are placed where they won't encumber us much or feel as heavy as things we carry on our backs, like distributed evenly around or on our buttocks and stomachs. So 10 kgs on your back feels very different to 10 kgs of adipose tissue on our bodies. 

And yes, exercise is rarely the solution to reducing weight, it needs to go hand in hand with diet adjustments. You need to run a lot to compensate for eating too much. But what tends to happen is that when people start exercising they become more mindful of what they eat or disrupt their daily routine in ways that means they eat less (not only can't you eat while running, most people also don't eat just before a run or for some time after). So starting to exercise usually signals a more comprehensive change to one's life style. Lastly, it builds muscle which for a whole lot of reasons are beneficial but also because it requires some upkeep which in itself burns more calories, hence preventing fat to develop.

  • Thanks 1
  • GNFNR 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 weeks later...
23 minutes ago, Gracii Guns said:

Smashed 12K on Wednesday. Looking to do 7K over the weekend. Hoping to find the time to get to 15K next week.

With K you are referring to kilometers or...uhm, kfeet? I am seriously confused what K refers to.

Anyways, after my surgery earlier this year I have started getting back in shape and had just started running 10 km when I pulled a muscle, again. It kind of snapped when I was at 4 km. So now I am hobbling around waiting for it to pass.

Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, SoulMonster said:

With K you are referring to kilometers or...uhm, kfeet? I am seriously confused what K refers to.

Anyways, after my surgery earlier this year I have started getting back in shape and had just started running 10 km when I pulled a muscle, again. It kind of snapped when I was at 4 km. So now I am hobbling around waiting for it to pass.

Sorry, kilometres. 

Sorry about your injury Soulie. How bad is it? Is the wait likely to be weeks or months? 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Gracii Guns said:

Sorry, kilometres. 

Sorry about your injury Soulie. How bad is it? Is the wait likely to be weeks or months? 

Thanks! I have wondered about that for a while. And you aren't really allowed to wonder about things these days with Google at your fingertips - so thanks for indulging an ignorant fool.

15K is looong! Have you tried it before? A good idea would be to find a level course without too many hills, it makes a huge difference.

It happens to me every time I try to increase my running, my right calf gets pulled. I just have to be patient and go slowly. I also weigh too much now, and that doesn't help. But no, it is only weeks. Just a few muscles fibres that have been torn. I will be good in a week or so, to start running carefully again. As soon as I am back in shape it won't happen again. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.




×
×
  • Create New...